DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUNE 2022

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Garth said:

Just more Take on Dynamite/Rampage generally, please. He's so, so good and seemed to get over with the audience off the back of the Hangman and Lethal matches, they just gotta keep that ball rolling.

I do not want that man to leave the States. He's made a huge impression on me, to the point where I'm trying to watch DDT stuff for the first time in my life. Definitely a fan.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

If a hand model's face was disfigured, why couldn't he still be a hand model?

Are you telling me you want to look at the beautifully flawless hands of a man with a disfigured face? Maybe you’re ahead of the times but the hand modeling industry is pretty cut throat.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

If a hand model's face was disfigured, why couldn't he still be a hand model?

11 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Are you telling me you want to look at the beautifully flawless hands of a man with a disfigured face? Maybe you’re ahead of the times but the hand modeling industry is pretty cut throat.

MbsI8t7sLopTpRG2wSt7IN2ZdOLEewwGE=&risl=

• Like 3

Re: the giant roster: 

Keep in mind that aside from just having too many people of their own, they're also about to embark on an interpromotional feud where we're likely going to have to see a lot of their best names job to sub-Cole-level New Japan "generational talent" like Jay White and Ospreay.  

• Sad 2

57 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Re: the giant roster: 

Keep in mind that aside from just having too many people of their own, they're also about to embark on an interpromotional feud where we're likely going to have to see a lot of their best names job to sub-Cole-level New Japan "generational talent" like Jay White and Ospreay.  

Such a level does not exist. You can’t get any lower…

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

How long is this company going to drag their feet on pushing Jamie Hayter?

She's in a match tonight. There's no program. It's coming out of the tournament. There's always a possibility in a situation like that we might see something happen.

There's probably a bigger possibility that we won't.

I have no idea who the best person to put up against Rosa next is and she's as good as any. That could lead to a turn if Britt gets jealous that she wins the shot or whatever.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I have no idea who the best person to put up against Rosa next is and she's as good as any. That could lead to a turn if Britt gets jealous that she wins the shot or whatever.

Jade is the last person to score a pin over Thunder Rosa. You could do champ v. champ or have her drop the TBS title first

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

She's in a match tonight. There's no program. It's coming out of the tournament. There's always a possibility in a situation like that we might see something happen.

There's probably a bigger possibility that we won't.

I love the idea of Hayter getting a run at Rosa, but it's hard to imagine her defeating the much inferior Thund-y. It just seems a bit silly with all the greenhorns and less than stellar competitors to have her dwindling in the mid-card. She should be on top killing everybody waiting upon another Storm. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus

I just saw it mentioned that MJF is paid less than goddamn Mark Henry!? Curious who else is above young Friedman's pay level? I read Danielson, Punk, Cole and Malakai Black. 

EDIT: maybe Bischoff should try out 'Mark Henry is the biggest financial flop In Wrestling history'. Just for the sake of Tony's amusing defense of said choice in a post scrum.

Edited by HarryArchieGus

I'm not a fan of MJF so I'm gonna bypass that talk but stick to the monetary part - but apply it to someone else: they better not do this shit to Jade Cargill when the time comes.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

How long is this company going to drag their feet on pushing Jamie Hayter?

Jamie, if you're reading this, the target is no longer Britt Baker. 

DROP TK ON THAT STACK OF DIMES HE CALLS A NECK. 

VIA BRAINBUSTER, PLZ. 

• Haha 2

I love Malakai Black but it's odd he's being paid that much given he seems to be permanent fixture of upper-mid trios matches. Maybe they envisioned bigger things when they signed him (i.e., before they also signed a ton of other guys).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Christian is said to be paid more than MJF by Wade I think. Surely JR, Jericho, Omega, the Bucks. Probably Jeff Hardy. I'm sure it's the obvious people and some new signees. 

Best Friends?

8 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

I love Malakai Black but it's odd he's being paid that much given he seems to be permanent fixture of upper-mid trios matches. Maybe they envisioned bigger things when they signed him (i.e., before they also signed a ton of other guys).

Him gobbling up Cody in his debut match suggests that's probably the level they saw him at. I'm sure they'll get back around to him eventually, people seem to enjoy his act.

3 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Best Friends?

Not who I'd count as being the obvious choices. But good for them if they're being compensated well.

• Like 1

Isn't a big part of the MJF contract issue is that AEW is willing to give him a higher annual, but they want him to extend as well? It seems like standard sports negotiating stuff to me. MJF was just a camp invite level guy when he signed his first deal, and to his credit, he has worked his way up to being an all-star on a very team-friendly deal. Now if he wants to cash in, he can sign a big extension or test free agency when his deal is up. Trying to shake the company down for money now and still saying you want to hit free agency at the same time isn't really an option.

• Like 3