DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUNE 2022

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

He's busy making coffee and playing video games

He could have been on G4 with Nyla and Cole if he'd gotten his ass in gear sooner!

26 minutes ago, Matt D said:

So where the heck is Claudio? Unless they’re signing Negro Casas (and he wasn’t one of the guys Tony mentioned to Cubs), he’s basically the final guy they need right now.

Pretty much. Well, I would also very much like Bray Wyatt to join but it seems that A) Tony Khan isn't his biggest fan and B) I think Bray is asking for a lot (rightfully so). So it's unlikely Khan puts down massive money on a luxury signing, though I do feel Wyatt has his own fanbase to an extent. 

29 minutes ago, Casey said:

He's busy making coffee and playing video games

I’ve seen these goofballs’ vlogs. That’s literally all these people do, give or take buying action figures and eating Oreos or tacos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That clip is amazing. I think it's kinda wild that John Cena was cool with making fun of himself and his whole wrestling character like that. Most main eventers are uptight as hell about that stuff. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Casey said:

He's my 13 year old self's e-fed character come to life.

Mine was Paper Bag Man. A once famous hand model who had to turn to the life of depressed wrestling after his face was disfigured in a car fire, where he could never model again. 

As for Claudio: Claudio is neat. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t join AEW, but I could see him taking his time and enjoying life.

Bray: Bray is neat. It would be cool to se what zaniness he could come up with given free reign of vignette control. But I’d be more interested in seeing him do a comic book or even a TV/ internet series. Let him control the entire universe of a story. It’s less that I don’t think he could fit in AEW (he could but fair arguments to be made that he wouldn’t), more so that the shows are so jam packed already that would force prolonging storylines, or long breaks between feud events, or even rushed segments. All of which we’ve seen in AEW that would damper the type of storyteller Windham appears to be. 

Ultra-Elite or whatever: I feel like they are the opposite of Death Trisngle for me. In that I enjoy those cocky goofs heeling it up together more than them individually. Fish talks good trash on an apron. Faction Leader Cole > non-Uno playing Cole. Bastard PAC > Faction Leader derp PAC.

Wyatt offers something a bit different to what they have currently, but they already have more talent than they know what to do with - period. They've done a really good job at easing some of the more mediocre or carny talent out .. they now absolutely have to get a grasp back on what their big 'arcs' are going forward. TNT & arguably World Title scenes have both been something of a shit show .. a lot of great individuals but they've lost the 'big picture' feel and there is no obvious direction for a lot of feuds that have fizzled out or concluded. Something needs to mesh various threads back together again.

Both world title scenes have been fragmented for too long with not enough talent visibly being ambitious for the belts (outside of novelty battle royal type bouts with no proper character lead-ins): belt-chasing needs to become more prevalent again and centre of all talents sphere of ambition in one way or another, esp now that the tournys are finished.

Edited by A_K
  • Like 1

Yeah, I love Wade Bryatt (tm Mick Foley) but they really are in danger of overloading the roster - because this week showed what happens when they try to give everyone a match. You had a triple threat tag match, a tag match, a 6-person match, and a 5 v 5 match and it was still too many matches, and that was with Andrade on his honeymoon, OC injured, half the Acclaimed injured, and Miro MIA.

Add in Bray and CSRO on top of Rush being signed and the PPV might still be going on today.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Octopus said:

Mine was Paper Bag Man. A once famous hand model who had to turn to the life of depressed wrestling after his face was disfigured in a car fire, where he could never model again. 

Do you know the sad tale of the Paper Bag Cowboy? Similar story. Lost everything in a fire, which also disfigured him. 

Wore a paper bag hat, paper bag chaps, paper bag gloves, paper bag boots with paper bag spurs.

Made his way into town to get his revenge... only to be arrested and hung by the neck until he was dead.

For the crime of...

Spoiler

Rustling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 13

4 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

Do you know the sad tale of the Paper Bag Cowboy? Similar story. Lost everything in a fire, which also disfigured him. 

Wore a paper bag hat, paper bag chaps, paper bag gloves, paper bag boots with paper bag spurs.

Made his way into town to get his revenge... only to be arrested and hung by the neck until he was dead.

For the crime of...

Hide contents

Rustling.

OH GOD DAMMIT!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’m in a weird headspace with Claudio where I can know that he’s a truly exceptional wrestler but also be perfectly fine if I never saw him wrestle again. I can’t explain it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Re: Takeshita, I'd rather it be Fish but I'll take KOR. 

Considering my misdirected manifestations, you’ll likely get your wish.

26 minutes ago, JLowe said:

After seeing TAKESHITA~! on Dark, I want to manifest a 15-minute match with Kyle O’Reilly

I don't want to see either lose right now. ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JLowe said:

After seeing TAKESHITA~! on Dark, I want to manifest a 15-minute match with Kyle O’Reilly

Believe in your dream man, I posted here that I wanted him to face Hangman and it happened a week later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They should be giving us a two-minute update on Yuta in Japan every week. Just highlights of him hitting spots on other juniors and showing BCC grit. They invested too much in him to just have him out of sight/out of mind for weeks and thus could be a way to introduce some of the NJ guys/feel with less lead time than usual before Forbidden Door. 

• Like 18

Just more Take on Dynamite/Rampage generally, please. He's so, so good and seemed to get over with the audience off the back of the Hangman and Lethal matches, they just gotta keep that ball rolling.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Octopus said:

If a hand model's face was disfigured, why couldn't he still be a hand model?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, EVA said:

I’m in a weird headspace with Claudio where I can know that he’s a truly exceptional wrestler but also be perfectly fine if I never saw him wrestle again. I can’t explain it.

Might be that "WWE stench" I keep reading about. Were he to come in to AEW, 20 mins with any BCC guy would probably clear that right up.

• Like 1