DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 5/30 - 6/5/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Gunther vs Ricochet (c) for the IC title next week. While the US title has made it to a PLE again, the IC title hasn't. So tv only belt for now.

Max Dupri is debuting his stable next week.

• Like 1

Bizarrely, there was a Masterchef Jr. episode this week with WWE Superstars tag-teaming with kids to make finger food! The superstars? The Miz (wth a very pregnant Maryse which means this was taped in...2019?!), Dolph Ziggler, Natalya and...Ember Moon?! Boy was the timing on that last one pretty bad.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

Shotzi vs. Rousey would be very interesting, but I fear what crazy bumps Shotzi would do if she ever gets a one-on-one PPV match. 

After watching Shotzi in that chrio video a few months ago where she went over all of her injuries and what not I thought she might take it easy. I was wrong ?

They did rename Raquel's finisher! Is Chingona a slur or something?

12 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Max Dupri is debuting his stable next week.

The wrestling model stable is real?  I read about it on social media, but thought is was a bad fan theory or something.

A stable of models who wrestle has to be a rib on people who complain about NXT 2.0 or Vince's odd idea of a joke.  In any case, it's probably too on the nose to get over or hold Vince's interest long.  Wonder who they're getting to play Meat 2K22.

I'm mildly interested in the Legado del Fantasma vs. not-the-marmalukes match, mostly because it seems unlikely they want to break up either stable.  I'm guessing the fallout will be played for comedy and the losers will be kicked out of the other faction in a few weeks time.

The stable was already on live events. But who are the members of the stable may change.

Madcap Moss new name seems to be just Madcap. The Madcap Moss name will be the other rarely used name. 

20 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

They did rename Raquel's finisher! Is Chingona a slur or something?

Chingona is a Caribbean Spanish idiom that you probably wouldn't want to say to a woman.  

It's closest translation and most common usage is 'dirty slut', though depending on the context, it can also be a very ballsy woman. 

It's a cute name for a move, but yeah, as soon as a lawyer who knows Spanish takes a look... it's an extremely quick and easy No.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Chingona is a Caribbean Spanish idiom that you probably wouldn't want to say to a woman.  

It's closest translation and most common usage is 'dirty slut', though depending on the context, it can also be a very ballsy woman. 

It's a cute name for a move, but yeah, as soon as a lawyer who knows Spanish takes a look... it's an extremely quick and easy No.

When I looked it up the first thing that came up was the balls woman meaning. Seems a safe guess Raquel was going with that context.  Always interesting how different the meaning can be depending on location/culture.