DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 5/30 - 6/5/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Asuka and Bianca Belair wrestle each other!  Becky Lynch is Bowie-like with the SUNGLASSES FROM THE FUTURE!  Asuka does a SWEET Rolling Ankle Lock!  Bianca powering out of Asuka's submissions is SWANK.  They screw up the double over the toprope spot, which is odd.  Asuka with the HIP ATTACK!  Sweet Missile Dropkick by Asuka.  Bianca almost procures an ARGENTINIAN BACKBREAKER!  Belair wins with a roll-up!  I love how the WWE can just roll out a match this good without even thinking about it.  Becky's hair is out of control.  Ezekial is tagging with the Misterios for some reason I missed.  They are the Misterios so I don;t care about the reasons.  Kevin Owens and Alpha Academy are a groovy trio.  TRIPLE DROPKICK ON OTIS!  Chad Gable is a weirdo.  Otis pummels Dominic with his fatness!  Until he misses!  Dominic hits the hot tag to the new DJ Peterson, Ezekiel!  Kevin Owens is awesome but he FUCKS UP EVERYTHING FOR HIS TEAM!  Ezekiel pins Gable because Kevin Owens is a fuck up!  That's story telling.  KO is very frustrated.  FRUSTRATION!  I  fast forward, the Cody/Seth pull apart looked pretty good.  Alexa Bliss is perfectly fine!  Double D is good.  She hits a nice Short Lariat!  She applies the Cobra Clutch!  Bliss on offense is kinda pedestrian.  Double D is VADERing it up!  She misses a Vader Bomb!  Alexa Bliss hits her finisher and wins!  That was very short.  Ciampa and Mustafa Ali wrestle for a shot at the US title.  Nice knee to the face by Ciampa.  Ali is spunky and fiery on his comeback!  Nice lunatic tope by Ali.  Austin Theory interferes with the match and THAT'S YOUR FINISH!  Ah,  WWE- never fear a shitty finish.  Theory OPTS to allow Ali a shot at the STRAP right now!  Ali is on the babyface journey!  Can he use pluck and spunkiness to fight his way up the mountain?  Theory and Ali are both really fucking good but Ali can't overcome the odds.  This is leading up to a good match between Ali and Theory on PPV.  That'll be good.  Matt Riddle and Shinsuke Nakamura are tagging together against the Usos and the question is can Nakamura be great on the apron like Randy Orton?  Well, this is different tagteam all together as they get in a big wad of goodlookin' offense- featuring a really cool looking Fisherman Buster Suplex by Riddle- until Matt Riddle EMBRACES HIS ROLE as the Face.... in Peril.  Nakamura gets the hot tag!  HE's fun but you won;t forget how awesome Randy Orton is.  Matt Riddle gets a hot tag and is a house a-fire!  NICE EXPLOIDER!  Great nearfall when Nakamura gets a blind tag.  The Usos use a scooter and get disqualified!  WWE DOES NOT SHY AWAY FROM A CHEAP SHITTY FINISH!  Postmatch, TOPROPE RKO by Riddle!  Liv Morgan and Rhea Ripley wrestle again.  Ripley is the Akira Hokuto of the WWE.  How will she crush Morgan?  Throwing her into the barricade is a good start.  Grabbing her Where Her Flab Should Be on her side while in an abdominal Stretch is good.  BODY VICE by Ripley is good but not really to the level of the Dangerous Queen yet  Ripley does the Psicosis bump to the floor. Morgan crushes her with a plancha from the corner!  Liv Morgan wins with a backstabber and a roll up.  Postmatch, Finn, AJ and Liv STAND TALL!  That was a good little batch of wrestling.  

• Like 3

Asuka/Bianca was damn good while it lasted.

What i caught of Mysterios/Ezekiel vs. AA/Owens looked fun.

The Cody/Seth segment was ok I guess. I actually dug Seth's reasoning for hating Cody, and the brawl was a decent idea. That said it also felt tame compared to past WWE brawls.

Usos vs. Nakamura/Riddle was good though the finish could have been better.

Ali/Ciampa was nice while it lasted. Ali/Theory was more of an angle/teaser. Hopefully they deliver something good at HIAC.

Rhea/Liv was good though with how many times its happened already I do wish WWE would/use some jobbers/enhancement talent so we didn't get so many rematches during feuds.

Edited by Eivion

Turned on RAW to see Curtis Axel on my tv, and it popped me. Outside of that, half watched and nothing really jumped out for me. I know RAW has been the more fun of the main roster programming lately, but I just wish this company had more coherent, logical booking. 

The WWE has announced that the finals of the Women's Breakout Tournament will be tonight.

Also speaking of tournaments - on this morning's radio show, Meltzer was of the belief that they (the WWE) have scrapped the plans to have a tournament for the women's tag titles

Also advertised for tonight - Toxic Attraction will host a “championship summit” featuring Wendy Choo, Katana Chance, and Kayden Carter

Elektra Lopez vs Cora Jade

Cameron Grimes vs Nathan Frazer

I had thought Nikita Lyons' injury might be kayfabed but it looks like she's out with an MCL tear.

Damon Kemp doesn't have a cagematch.net profile.  How did that happen?  Pretty Deadly is like the Midnight Express without a cranky weirdo.  I've seen Roderick Strong for like 15 years and still wouldn't be able to pick him out of a line up.  PD Blond is the Super Worker of the team as he takes Damon Kemp's offense like a champ.  Roderick Strong succumbs to PD's offense and makes the coldest tag ever.  Damon Kemp is another NXT Rick Steiner.  Roderick Strong is a fun Robert Gibson.  The Creed Brothers makes things complicated and allow Pretty Deadly hit a Dudley Death Drop and WINS!  That was pretty good.  Elektra Lopez and Cora Jade wrestle.  Neither are the smoothest in the ring yet.  Yeah, this wasn't very good.  Cora Jade wins!  ZXYYON QWINNN!  I assume Wes Lee will Fuego del Sol for Quinnn in this match like he did last week for Sangah.  Lee gets BEEELED big but lands on his feet!  Lee is awesome, he is hung up on the ropes and Qwinnnn pulls on the ropes and Lee flies half way across the ring somehow.  Lee is a more athletic Fuego del Sol- let us watch him SHOWBOAT his athLEETicism.  Zxyyonn does the WILDLY dangerous lawn dart throw straight into the second turnbuckle!  Wes Lee is insane,  FLASHPIN!  WES LEE WINS!  Wes Lee is a joy forever. They have a contract signing with Wendy Choo, Katania and Kacey and Kaden and Toxic Attraction.  They do a fun variation on the post contract signing pull apart by having Wendy Choo put Mandy Rose through a table!  Still needed a cake and a trophy.  Solo Sikoa and Duke Hudson square off in the squared circle!  I notice on cagematch that Hudson has been wrestling since 2006 so I guess he is supposed to guide these young guys along.  Nice German Suplex by Hudson.  Nice Belly to Belly by Hudson.  And ANOTHER!  Why are Australians better at pro wrestling than most people?  Sikoa with a FLYING HIP ATTACK into a SUPERFLY SPLASH! For the WIN!  That was good.  Grayson Waller and Josh Briggs partake of the sweet science!  Waller is prolly the best guy in NXT.  If they are trying to give the Bro Country dudes NASCAR names, they have to go with Ty or Kyle or Chase.  Or they could go old school with Ricky.  Josh Briggs isn't very good but Waller wrestles for 7.  IVY NILE!  has the 1994 Gedo haircut.  Kiana James is there to be pinned but she gets some stuff in.  Ivy Nile lays it in waaay more than anybody else in NXT.  That was good.  Nathan Frazer and Cameron Grimes have a wrestling match.  They do a lot fast flippy things.  Frazer really showboats his gymnastic ability.  He's got a real Darby Allin feeling of recklessness about him.  Both these guys are slick and dynamic.  Grimes is the Alex Shelley of NXT and he provides some structure to Frazer's crazy wildness.  Nice Urinagi by Grimes.  Frazer has some lunatic dives but Grimes CRUSHES with a stomp..  That was really fun.  That was a good batch of wrestling overall.

• Like 3

Strong/Kemp vs. Pretty Deadly was solid. Kemp had a nice showing and seems right at home in Diamond Mine.

Cora/Elektra was disappointing. Cora was too light during most of the match and blatantly missed some of her shots. Got better towards the end, but they have done better work.

Hudson/Solo was decent.

Quinn/Lee was probably Quinn's best showing so far and not just because of Wes Lee's great bumping though it definitely helped. 

Waller/Briggs was enjoyable, especially for Waller's heeling. He is a tremendous asshole.

The new girl joining Chase U was amusing.

The vids building to Stratton/Roxanne were good. Kind of nice to see WWE acknowledge Jade and Perez's friendship. Stratton's gimmick works far better for her than it should. She, like Waller, is good at being an obnoxious asshole. Kind of happy they put those two together.

The Champions Summit stuff had a bit too much talking. I dug the quick brawl and table bump at the end.

Ivy/James was decent stuff. I like how Ivy has become a beloved badass to so much of the audience. She carries herself well and hits hard as fuck. Hope she does more soon.

Grimes/Frazier was damn good. Trick and Mello were fun on commentary as well. Nice way to end the night.

14 hours ago, DEAN said:

Damon Kemp doesn't have a cagematch.net profile.  How did that happen? 

Not sure he has had many matches yet. He should be rather new.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

Do love the idea of joining Chase U by doing the announcement with the hats and stuff.   Although it would help if there was multiple hats.   Now all we need is her refusing to work with Chase U until she receives the proper NIL money  

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to WWE TV - 5/30 - 6/5/2022

It's a rerun of last week's main event.  Ridge and Seamus and Butch beat on Xavier Woods for a while.  Kofi Kingston tags in and he and Xavier hit a GIANT Double Tope Con Hilo!  Nice kneedrop off the top by Seamus.  Drew McIntyre is the new Randy Orton as he tags in and CLEANS HOUSE!  Butch gets the win over Xavier Woods!  That was good.  LOS LOTHARIOS!  SHANKY!  There will be dancing!  Jinder Mahal and Humberto hook'em up.  Humberto is for the ladies.  Humberto goes up BIG for a backdrop.  Shanky is awesome at ringside.  After distracting the ref to allow Jinder to win,  Shanky and Amanda shake their booties!  Jillion stars!  Oh jeez, a six way!  Aliyah beats on Shotzi!  The rest is basically a battle royal so I await it all to end.  Natalya wins!  Rousey vs Natalya could be good.  I haven't really been following Madcap Moss and Baron Corbin- or is he just Corbin now?  Oh right, Happy Corbin.  Madcap hits Corbin with a chair!  And hits him again!  He's going to kill him!  Guys from the back run out and save Corbin's life!  Corbin is great celebrating the DQ win as he crawls to the back.  I really never want to hear the term "HELL IN A CELL!" ever again.  Usos versus Shinsake Nakamura and Matt Riddle again!  Matt Riddle assumes his role pretty quickly and the Usos are good at beating on folks, being a good heel tag team.  Nakamura tags in and gives Riddle a second to get himself together and go back to take as ass beating.  The Usos crush Nakamura's knee after he kicks the STEEL STAIRS!  They haul him off to the back!  Riddle takes them both on himself!  They come back from commercial and Riddle is back to being in peril but with no one on the apron!  Riddle hits a couple of nice EXPLOIDAH suplexes.  Riddle has a big flurry of offense and there are some GREAT nearfalls as Riddle keeps hanging around!  They distract Riddle by playing Roman Reigns entrance music!  Riddle hits a toprope RKO after one of the Usos secretly  tagged the other of the Usos and rolls Riddle up for the pin!  That was some good pro wrestling right there.  Uneven episode, but good main event.

• Like 2

Only caught the last third of New Day vs. Brawling Brutes. Dug what I saw.

The six-pack challenge was a match. Nothing bad per say, but there have been better. Nattie vs. Ronda should be decent at worse. Still the only match that interest me with Ronda is vs. Shayna.

Usos vs. Riddle/Nakamura was good.

• Like 1