DVDVR Message Board

Double or Nothing 2022 - Post Show Thread

I'm out on Jurassic Express though. There's too many teams being wasted and they really aren't over enough to warrant this run. 

All four dudes, Starks, Powerhouse, Swerve and Keith Lee are better than Jungle Boy. "Pillars" and all that but sometimes you need to change course, Jungle Boy has been surpassed by a lot of guys. 

• Like 5

There were so many bad sharpshooters tonight, progressively worse than the last. Thank god everyone who did them lost their matches. (Punk didn't but c'est la vie).

Breakdown of the card:

Buy-In = Fine for what it was, Hookhausen went over as they should.

Wardlow vs MJF = Well he showed up! MJF must've been watching his Zbyszko tapes. Also fine for what it was.

Hardys vs Bucks = Jeff Hardy, it's time to pack it in pal. It's done.

Jade vs Anna = Sometimes the in ring quality of a match doesn't matter so much as the progression of the story is good, and adding Stokely and Athena is more than fine.

Triangle vs House Of Black = Julia Hart fully committing to the bit was a good ending.

Cole vs Joe = I didn't like this.

Ruby vs Britt = First of the bad sharpshooters, fine with Baker winning because of this.

O'Reilly vs Allin = Glad that O'Reilly won, didn't need to be on the card. Second bad sharpshooter. Dark Elevation Main Event at worst, Rampage main at best.

6 Man Tag = At least Scorpio can move on to beef with Dante Martin now, Kaz vs Sammy the next step?

Rosa vs Deeb = Right woman won, wasn't a bad match. Third bad sharpshooter.

Arena Anarchy = No complaints, nothing wrong with JAS going over, Danielson didn't quit, he passed out which theres no shame in.

2 v 2 v 2 = Starks and Hobbs, that's the future right there baby.

Page vs Punk = I was underwhelmed, it wasn't a bad match, in fact it was very good but I just didn't feel it.

• Like 2

Just now, John E. Dynamite said:

And this card is already proving itself to be a wild testing ground for the smart mark reaction to a card not matching up with their fantasy booking. Meditate on this.

I mean, I thought the show was largely fun with some meh stuff in the middle, but the booking of this fed in terms of results is stupid as hell. Why did Britt need the win on Ruby? Why is the 5th most pushed member of a heel stable beating Darby clean? Today really felt like the day to take the belts off JE, why not? Just good enough wrestling I'm over it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think Darby-O’Reilly stole match of the night, even though I think Darby won’t remember much of that match.

I marked out for Rancid. But once I saw Britt’s demeanor, I knew she was winning.

It was a long night and I enjoyed a 6-pack of IPAs so I’ll try again with thoughts tomorrow. I certainly got my money’s worth time wise.

Does anyone know what was up with Jeff Hardy after the whisper in the wind? I thought it was just his boot coming off but then then they showed him laying on the corner looking half dead for quite a while.

Edited by eikerir

I have thoughts and complaints and honestly need to rewatch a few matches tomorrow, but it’s midnight and I’m tired.

But I will say this: I’m just really happy that CM Punk is the AEW champion. Fuck yeah, dude.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JLowe said:

It was a long night and I enjoyed a 6-pack of IPAs so I’ll try again with thoughts tomorrow. I certainly got my money’s worth time wise.

Yeah this was a great card to just get steady drunk to and then maybe you dip out and cook a pork chop for that one match you don't give a fucking shit about.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm out on Jurassic Express though. There's too many teams being wasted and they really aren't over enough to warrant this run. 

All four dudes, Starks, Powerhouse, Swerve and Keith Lee are better than Jungle Boy. "Pillars" and all that but sometimes you need to change course, Jungle Boy has been surpassed by a lot of guys. 

I agree and disagree.  This is a pretty loaded tag division full of teams that are better than Jurassic Express, but at a certain point you need to get more teams over to keep the division fresh.  I don't mind their run, because they've had good matches, but I would have been perfectly fine with either of the other teams winning.  The problem is that neither of those teams should be champions right now either.  FTR is the best tag team on the roster.  The Young Bucks, ReDragon, and The Lucha Bros also feel like they should be always be in title contention.  Then you have Santana and Ortiz and 2.0 who seem like they are always lost in the shuffle of somebody else's story when they probably should be competing in tag matches.  It really feels like they just decided to give Jurassic Express a run, but didn't think about how to make us believe in them as one of the top teams.  They keep putting them in these multi-team matches, which are good, but do nothing to make them feel like dominant champions.  They need to feud with either FTR, The Young Bucks, or ReDragon and win the feud...then drop the straps to put the next team over.  

13 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Damn one more thing: The Owen trophy and the belts are cool as hell. I am not a big Adam Cole fan and Dr. Britt is ok but those belts were nice!

FT-Lk0wWQAQSB-9?format=png&name=small

FT-L_TSUcAAodc-?format=png&name=small

Moving ceremony.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

it's one thing that they're not really the most important tag team in the fed, but they're also not the most important tag team champions in the fed with FTR around.

Hopefully CM Punk can beat the AEW tendency to not really give their champions interesting things to do.

• Like 2