DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 5/27/2022

10 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Don't get me wrong, Ruby Soho brought it in that match and has been great lately, but Statlander really upped her game as well and has always been a favorite. I'd have ZERO issue with her giving Jade her first loss and taking the TBS belt. 

there's never a good time to blow out your knee but Statlander blew out her knee at just about the worst possible time.  She missed a big chunk of that first year of AEW TV when the roster was a little thinner, and I had the feeling she was earmarked from the early days as one of the homegrown talents they planned to feature.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Keith Lee singing BOB SEGER!

Keith Lee looks like the kind of guy who would sing Bob Seger at a karaoke night, do a good job then thank everyone before putting the microphone back in the holder exactly how he found it and leaving quietly.

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Now I’m imagining Lee just taking forever to sing any song as he replaces all the lyrics with $5 words like a human thesaurus.

“Upon a considerably linear, most desolate main thoroughfare, in a direction easterly of a large town in the state of Nebraska…”

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Sydal/Danielson was a banger and we should end up doing a TV Match of the Year list with this close to the top. Jezus Boyz with Gangrel (damn, he always did have bow legs right? They look to be getting worse) was hilarious, Mr. Vampire Warrior covered missing the kick with another one and a KILLER Impaler too. Kris deserves a belt but her coming after Ruby and them having a war will be great. As far as the Owen Hart goes, I think they're gonna do Page and Ruby for a heel/face balance, plus Joe already has a belt and doesn't really need it. That's something I can see Tony doing book-wise anyway.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, zendragon said:

just noticed the 8 - 24 on the strap

That made things a bit misty over here. But between that and the belt being gorgeous I sincerely hope Scorp has a run that goes at least a year. 

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
4 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

What is the significance of 8 - 24?

Kobe Bryant's numbers. Scorp's a huge Lakers fan.

Kinda feel bad for Ruby, she was clearly booked to win this thing as a redemption for her losses to Britt at Grand Slam and to Jade in the TBS tournament, and she ran into the unfortunate fact that Statlander is monster over right now. Oh well, push Stat to the moon and have her beat Jade

Can't believe they added two more matches to Double or Nothing on this fucking show. Darby v Kyle O'Reilly is a Dynamite main event, Jade vs Anna is a Rampage main event, and Sammy/Frankie/Tay vs. Page/Scorp/PVZ is should be on fucking Dark.

• Sad 1

Ruby's always been presented as the good punk den mother. When she first debuted in NXT it was with a promo about how everyone makes a circle when someone falls down at a show, that kind of deal. Now she's often teaming up on Elevation for the live crowd (since she's generally over, especially her music) with Anna Jay or Skye Blue. Maybe it's time to lean more into renegade punk stereotypes and have her be a tweener that's just going to cut down anyone in her path and boo her if you want and cheer her if she wants, etc.

• Like 4

If they’d done a little more to stress how Ruby was going for redemption, trying to get back after two high profile losses, it would have been a little better.  As it was, she vaguely mentioned Arthur Ashe in her only promo and that was it.