DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 5/25/2022

I know I am always stoked for every AEW show every week, including the YouTube shows, but... dang! The go-home Dynamite is fully stacked.I

We get two Owen semi-final matches, two PPV set-up/preview matches, and a legit low-key dream tag match. 

Also, to pick just one example of how amazing wrestling is now, Wheeler Yuta is over here participating in a very entertaining NJPW Super Juniors tournament.

It continues to be a genuinely great time to be a pro wrestling fan. 

Owen semi #1: Storm vs DMD! Storm hits so hard! Storm hits so hard, and she seems to be having the kind of effect on the womens division that Bryan and Kingston had on the men... In that everyone seems to be bringing it just a little bit harder now. That is a good thing, in my opinion.

Owen Semi #2: Joe vs KOR! Owen semis: I love KOR but I am pulling for Joe because I want a good guy type pro wrestler to win the Owen, and in my opinion Kyle is a bad guy type. I suppose they could have him beat the emaciated yet somehow popular bay bay in the finals in such a way (Future Shock explodes!) that O'Reilly becomes a good guy. That would also satisfy me. 

Premium Live Event preview: Bungle Joy vs Swerve vs Starks. The odds of this being insanely fast-paced and exciting are very good. I hope we also get Dinosaur vs Powerhouse vs Limitless on Rampage... but we'll get to see those dudes slap meat on the PPV anyway.

PLE set-up: Wardlow vs Spears The Giant Killer INSIDE A STEEL CAGE with a guest referee who is better than you and you know it 

Spoiler

It's MJF

Spears is now a giant killer, having slain Giant Bernard last week (if I recall correctly). It would be kind of funny if Spears won and Wardlow didn't get to face Friedman at Double or Nothing IV. 

That might calm down some of the "too many matches" complaints, right? What a world we live in, when people on the DVDVR message boards are complaining about getting too much wrestling!

Also, people are complaining because we are "just" getting Blackpool Combat Club matches every week? Really? You need them to be in some kind of program? It's not enough just to watch them fight? 

And, yeah. I know that complaining about people complaining is idiotic. Don't let that stop you from complaining about me complaining about complaints, though. It's the circle of (internet) life.

Which is, in part, why I'm trying to cut down on my internet life somewhat. I am starting to think it might not be healthy. 

PPV set up (non-match division): Punk/Hangm'n confrontation. People pre-emptively complaining about the outcome of this match, on both sides, is also very funny. Human nature is pretty damned funny, sometimes. My own included, obviously.

THE MATCH I AM ACTUALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE MOST:

FTR vs Roppongi Vice. 

Hot dang. AEW keeps giving me dream matches I never even considered before. I hope they get a fair amount of time and a clean finish. (If not, I will complain). Rocky and Trent are so good at pro wrestling. Bald and Mullet are among the very very best. We are lucky. Pro wrestling rules!

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well, Gordlow, you obviously haven't been following the news lately, because there's no way there's going to be a Dynamite this week.  AEW shut down because they didn't have enough of a presence at the cable up-fronts thing with the advertisers and whatnot.  It was a good run.  Too bad TK stretched himself so thin with the ROH purchase.

• Haha 12
  • Sad 1

I thought Spears killed Big Damo / Killian Dane last week?

I am also looking forward to Roppongi Vice vs. FTR!

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

LOOOOOL I actually had no idea Cinnabon sells "just the center."  This means that my idea for Popeye's to sell just the fried chicken skin as a main dish is probably viable!

That sounds both delicious and ridiculously unhealthy.  I would totally buy a bucket of Royal Farms fried chicken skins and destroy my intestines.  I miss the billy goat stomach days of my youth where I could eat a tin can covered in mud and probably survive.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

LOOOOOL I actually had no idea Cinnabon sells "just the center."  This means that my idea for Popeye's to sell just the fried chicken skin as a main dish is probably viable!

This is a main plotline in the last seasons of F is for Family.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I've seen fancy cooking shows where they use chicken skin cracklins for crunch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Seriously.  Now I look at a burrito and the heartburn starts.  ?

This is the worst part about being middle-aged to me.

However my wife is going out of town this weekend so I'm damn sure making coney dog nachos for the PPV this weekend and will deal the gastro-intestinal consequences when they come.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Gordlow said:

I hope we also get Dinosaur vs Powerhouse vs Limitless on Rampage... but we'll get to see those dudes slap meat on the PPV anyway.

Oh yes, I like this idea. Do we have time to manifest this for Rampage? Someone get Tony another can of Bang! Or whatever energy drink is the popular sponsor nowadays.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leonidas said:

Oh yes, I like this idea. Do we have time to manifest this for Rampage? Someone get Tony another can of Bang! Or whatever energy drink is the popular sponsor nowadays.

I'm not 100% certain on this story so I probably shouldn't even be repeating it, but apparently some trademarks were filed that may indicate a Sting energy drink is coming

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

I thought Spears killed Big Damo / Killian Dane last week?

I'm not very familiar with Big Damo, but he looked great until pretending he was dead on the shoulders of Spears. It felt wrong. So did a faux three count on Wardlow.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Holy shit I watched the Shawn Spears promo on Countdown youtube show and man it is great.  Dark as hell

Of course I figure he will get destroyed in the cage and quickly.  As maybe it should be

Strange, kind of a babyface promo there, but it served the match well. I expect Spears will do a great job.

Fun looking show as per usual. Stoked for the tag wars. O'Reilly-Joe's gonna be brutal-e-ful.

If Page had any real grievance with Punk, I'm sure he would have offered specifics. He's just remarkably insecure. Punk seems like he's on the level and I hope he doesn't totally destroy Page's confidence when he takes the belt. Nobody wants to relive the worst of the handpicked top guy's angst.