DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 5/23 - 5/29/2022

Dolfan in NYC

The newer fans showing up for WWE are different and less fussy. And the fans who did most of the terrible stuff have mostly left. The era of strong hijacking in the crowds is considered over now for WWE.

I've noticed over the last few years WWE further reduced the working of restholds, reduces or kills off the boring chants those holds got even if they were done right in the past. They did fire all the older producers who insisted on that working restholds stuff.

1 hour ago, Blue Dragon said:

I've noticed over the last few years WWE further reduced the working of restholds, reduces or kills off the boring chants those holds got even if they were done right in the past. They did fire all the older producers who insisted on that working restholds stuff.

Wondering if you're intentionally being offensive here or just not understanding how physically taxing wrestling can be?

Less restholds in matches is probably best summed up by saying the athletes today are much better conditioned than the athletes of previous generations. A "rest hold" is a hold you grab when you're blown up and need to slow down and catch your breath. Not a boring segment thrown in because an old timer was saying slow down you're going too fast. You only use a rest hold because you need a rest and can't safely keep going at the pace you're going...

I feel like you know that. But then I don't get why you would talk down about it?

D-Von Dudley will now produce for NXT 2.0. He originally did producing for the two bigger WWE main brands. He was sidelined from his job since Feb after undergoing successful spinal fusion surgery. Dudley revealed that while he can run, jump and play basketball, he will never be able to wrestle again.

Jeff Jarrett is back with WWE. He will be working for the live events side of WWE's in a high level executive position.   So Jarrett is "taking over live events."  Jarrett will officially begin his roles next week. 

Lot of former TNA people have replaced the old WWF and WCW people job wise over the past few years. Most of WWE has been refreshed, Vince and Dunn are the only real big old holdovers from any previous era left.

Ace left the top roles for awhile, and Bruce Prichard was gone for years before being rehired. 

Edited by Blue Dragon

Raquel Rodriguez looked good for a minute.  I assume this turns into a tag match.  And it does!  This is good.  Raquel Rodriguez is the foxiest Ricky Morton ever!  Raquel sells the leg while beating on Shayna Bazsler. A Powerbomb and Raquel gets the pin!  That was fun, if short.  Awesome!  Los Lotharios!  I see they are getting killed by Jinder Mahal and Shanky!  First, a dance break!  Everyone but Shanky bumps big!  Shanky is awesome with TikTok dancing and the Superkick!  Los Lotharios win!  Allright!  Gunther is going to beat the shit out of Drew Gulak again.  Kaiser applies a Cravate!  Gunther doesn't really kill Gulak.  Ricochet and Ludwig Kaiser keep Gunther away from Ricochet.  Ricochet takes a COMPLETELy lunatic bump to the floor,  Ludwig pins Gulak and I don't know where they are going. Ricochet versus Gunther would be good, though Ricochet would have a thousand opportunities to kill himself.  The secret partner IS.... Drew McIntire!  They kill time until McIntire and Seamus  get in the ring.  NEARFALL as Kofi kicks out!  They really build up the hot tag to McIntire and McIntire throws everybody all over the ring!  McIntire hits his counting finisher thing and tags in Xavier Woods hits a nice toprope elbow VARIATION!  That was good.   More dancing!  It was celbration of Professional Wrestling and Modern Dance!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The women's tag was fun. I kind of like how the seem to be avoiding Shayna/Rousey for now. Should be a fun match when they finally push for it. Still, the way everything played out here makes it obvious they really didn't have any plans beyond having Sasha or Naomi do a quick challenge to put over Rousey. 

GUNTHER/Kaiser vs. Ricochet/Gulak was fun while it lasted.

The KO/Sami segment was fun though worries me as it seems like they may be slowly leading to a Sami face turn. It makes sense with the current angle and Sami is a good face. He is lso just so damn fun as a heel.

New Day/Drew vs. Brawling Brutes was good fun.