DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 5/23 - 5/29/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Matt Riddle and the Street Proffits attacking the Usos and Sami Zane is a fun way to start off the match.  Montez Ford is awesome.  Sami Zane is also awesome and he works over the ribs of Riddle.  Riddle is back to being a Face In Peril and Zane gleefully beats on him.  Ford hits a great Lariat and then takes over the Face In Peril role from Riddle.  Usos are great beating on Ford.  Riddle is a much more active House A-Fire than Randy Orton.  Montez Ford has a GREAT Tope Con Hilo.  Riddle is a great fiery babyface.  That was good.  Liv Morgan and Rhea Ripley section of the tag match was all intense and stuff.  Damien Priest leans into AJ Styles kicking him in the teeth off the apron.  Rhea Ripley is very awesome in her new role as the new Dangerous Queen.  Priest and Styles just makes me wait for them to tag out.  Morgan looks great on offense.  Edge kinda helps which could be considered cheating to allow Rhea to win.  Postmatch,  they beat on Styles and Morgan.  So it was fun.  Alexa Bliss and Nikki ASH were once tagteam partners!  Alexa Bliss wins very quickly!  Hey!  Cody Rhodes is wrestling!  I dig the Miz in the ring.  Cody as a face isn;t as fun as Cody the psychotic tweener but this good.  Crowd is pretty dead.  Cody procures the Figure Four and Miz is good fighting for the ropes aaaaand Seth Rollins runs in!  So this was more of an angle than a match.  So another crappy finish!  Yesssss. The beat down was pretty mild.  Ezekiel and Chad Gable wrestle again.  The highpoint of the match is Otis being sent to the back.  THEN Kevin Owens gets sent to the back and crowd has come alive and Ezekiel rolls up Chad Gable for the win.  Thar was fine,.  MVP still wrestles?  He does a great Larry Zbysko stall.  MVP bumps well for an older fella.  Lashley gets counted out while fighting Omos and maaaan, WWE is the Home Of The Shitty Finish.  Oh cool, Becky Lynch and Asuka again.  MAn, Asuka crushes Becky's skull with a kick.  Becky Lynch is fucking great.  Asuka is fucking great.  Man, they are laying it in.  NICE SUPERPLEX by Asuka.  This match is fucking great. Jesus, Asuka fucking annihilates Bianca Belair, who is just sitting there but takes the third nastiest thing in the match.  Becky Lynch wins and she truly is Big Time Becks because she delivers in the main event. Main event was fucking great.  Everything else varied.

• Like 4

Usos/Sami vs. Riddle/Profits was good, especially for Riddle trying to strike at the Usos at any given moment.

Cody/Miz was not as good as their last match and a bit off at times. I appreciate them trying something a bit different, but it didn't quite hit home though was ok over all.

Ezekiel/Gable was solid though I have to amit Owens complaining about the commentary loud enough to be heard along with the finish were probably the most entertaining thoughts. Gable and Zeke do solid work, but Owens brings the ridiculousness to an amusing level that can't be ignored.

Becky/Asuka was good stuff aside from the finish which was alright as an idea but off in execution.

Yeah Miz needs to just do what gets him to the dance because he is great at that.  When he tries to prove to people that he is this all around wrestler it gets him in trouble.   It is frankly not necessary for him.   

• Like 1

WWE is creatively bankrupt. Asuka won a #1 contender match vs. Becky Lynch. Cool. Looks like we will have a Bianca vs. Asuka match at the PPV? 

Nope. Let's... for no reason at all.. give Becky ANOTHER opportunity to be in the match. So of course she wins a rematch vs. Asuka and now it's a triple threat. 

So heading into the match Becky and Asuka have both lost in consecutive weeks. Nobody looks good from this and I'm sure Asuka is just there to take the fall so they can do ANOTHER Bianca vs. Becky match at Money in the Bank. 

But no.. WWE doesn't have a creative problem right? It's the performers who are the problem right?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

I love how Kevin Owens is just tweeting pictures of cats every time Edge just post pictures of wrestlers for reason nobody has still figured out yet.   A proper use of dealing with boredom I would say

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hammerva said:

Yeah Miz needs to just do what gets him to the dance because he is great at that.  When he tries to prove to people that he is this all around wrestler it gets him in trouble.   It is frankly not necessary for him.   

Yeah, I'm about the biggest Miz apologist there is and I heartily agree that he does not need to be doing springboard anything.

Sorry I'm late.  Had to wash dishes and take a shower and watch an amazingly great episode of DARK.  I've seen Edris Enofe and Malik Blade before but I paused the screen because I would not be able to tell you their names if you offered me 45 dollars to name them.  I could also not tell you which one is Channing Lorenzo and which is Tony Donovan.  LET'S HOOK'EM UP!  The guys in the wife beaters are fun.  They appear to lay it in.  Nice dropkick by Enofe.  His name is on his pants and that makes him a helper.  Neckbeard Wifebeater is your Scott Norton of the Fire and Ice of the Wifebeaters and Clean Shave Wifebeater is your Ice Train.  Inofe is your Tito Santana and Blade appears to be your Paul Roma.  Blade isn;t as smooth as Enofe.  That was perfectly fine.  Pull apart was pretty great.  Wes Lee (what a shitty name) gets beaten to death by Sanga WHO DOES A KEITH LEE LEVEL BEEL!  I see why they haven;t future endeavored Wes Lee.  He is our NXT El Serpentico.  Someone has to gif that.  According to cagematch.net, Sanga was in Ring Ka King!  Great chop by Sanga on the Wes Lee on  the apron.  I think I love Wes Lee and Sanga.  It's Alba Fyre!  I've almost forgotten her previous name.  I remember it was really indie. Electra Lopez doesn't get graphics. That doesn't bode well.  She does get in a bunch of stuff before Alba does her odd Swanton.  That was pretty good.  Hey!  Roxanne Perez!  Lash Legend has had 15 matches, according to cagematch.net.  Roxanne Perez is five years younger and has had 130 matches already.  Lash is much larger and prolly needs a win more than Perez but let's watch, shall we?  Perez is awesome assuming the role of  our underdog.  Can Lash supply the offense to make it work?  Not really.  Perez with the flashpin!  That's protecting Legend.  That was allright.  Kayden and Kacey or whatever the fuck they are called now attack Gigi Dolen and Jacey Jane!  It's Indi Harwell.  They zoom in on Mandy Rose's boobs.  Keep it classy, WWE.  Mandy Rose is good.  She's got a real Judy Martin vibe when she goes on offense.  Ooo, Harwell should avoid lariats.  I dig Rose procuring the Octopus Hold.  Harwell is kinda crappy on offense.  Somebody and Somebody and Toxic Attraction brawl into the ring to allow Mandy Rose to kill Harwell with a BIG BOOT!  Wendy Choo has a ball bag!  Pretty Deadly are moving more into Adrian Street territory and I back their play one hundred percent.  It's Fallon Henley and she is wrestling Tiffany Stratton and I'm guessing Fallon wins.  Let's watch, shall we?  Fallon Henley lays it in, and I dig her.  Stratton uses GYMKATA~!  Henley sells the knee. GYMKATA WINS!  Stratton should steal moves from Jack Cartwheel.  Roxanne Perez vs Tiffany Stratton should be good.  Vaughn Wagner and Ikeman Jiro starts off rough but gets better.  Jiro is fucking great.  Vaughn Wagner looked good.  That was good.  Bron Breakker (the shittiest name in all of wrestling) and Duke Hudson is our main event and Bron Breakker hits a nice Frankensteiner.  Not as good as Scott Steiners, but what the fuck is?  Nice Belly to Belly Suplex by Hudson.  Duke Hudson looks good in this.  This is pretty good.   Superplex during picture in picture?  What the fuck?  Breakker takes a strange bump onto the ropes and I don;t think I've ever seen that before.  Duke throws the shittiest punches in the History Of Punching In The Mount.  Breakker does that bodyslam that his father always did.  And they do a shitty disqualification.  That was an anticlimatic ending to perfectly fine wad of wrestling. Yeesh.  NXT!  HIGHLY UNEVEN!

• Like 3

Enofe/Blade vs. Tony D's guys was solid. I have no idea what these guys are called and am not sure I care.

Alba/Elektra was decent. I'm surprisingly liking KLR's presentation with her new name. Its better than what they were doing before.

Wes/Sanga was surprisingly nice and probably Sanga's best match so far.

Roxanne/Lash was decent. Lash is slowly improving though this worthwhile more for Roxanne's bumping around for her.

Mandy/Indi was simple but solid. Indi is still lacking in the ring. The brawls between Toxic Attraction and Kayden/Kacy were fun. Gigi and Jacy were better than usual in promo TA did later in the night.  I'm looking forward to the title matches.

Stratton/Fallon was nice and easily the best match either woman has had in NXT and probably the best match in the tournament as well. Stratton busted out some nifty new shit and seems more and more at home in the ring as time goes on. Fallon did a good job selling the leg. Kind of wish that submission Stratton busted out won. It looked neat and would work well as another finisher for her.

Wagner/Jiro was solid while it lasted.

Bron/Hudson saw Bron looking the best he has since before the Ziggler feud though the finish was not good.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Eivion said:

Enofe/Blade vs. Tony D's guys was solid. I have no idea what these guys are called and am not sure I care.

Stacks and 2 Dimes. They also have first and last names but you know WWE will dump one or both eventually. At first I thought the guy was nicknamed '2 Times" and I thought they'd borrowed the gimmick from 'Goodfellas' and thought that would be a very amusing gimmick: have him say everything two times. But I think it's 2 Dimes. If you wanna rename him Johnny 2 Times, WWE, I approve. I love WWE's I've-only-seen-the-Godfather-once-twenty-years-ago-on-a-plane-but-that's-all-the-mafia-knowledge-I-need approach to Tony D ("We'll make him an offer he can't refuse!") but credit to Tony for going ALL-IN on it.

Also, as an aside it's really bizarre that WWE named him Tony D'Angelo when there is an NHL hockey player named Tony DeAngelo. Now, it being WWE, I'm sure nobody really knew there was mid-level hockey player with the same name, but it's funny if you know about DeAngelo because he's Trump-promoting, Covid-denying, Capital riot-backing online presence whose tenure with his last team ended when the backup goalie punched him out and the team just sent him home and paid him not to play before buying ot his contract at the end of the year.

Mandy Rose has gotten really good. I wonder how long before they bring the whole Toxic Attraction group up and put them on one of the main shows. Rose-Bel Air would probably be pretty good.

It's nice of Gacey to employ two of the Undertaker's out-of-work druids. I was hoping they would unmask as the Steiner Brothers and have that Gacey had brainwashed them into being his followers because I REALLY want to see Scott Steiner try to read WWE scripted promos in a monotonos brain-washed voice.

I like the random Diamond Mine guy (who is he?!) telling them off-handed about Roderick Strong's injury ("We were just rolling around on the mat together!"). I wonder if we ever see Strong again, actually.

I think Vic Joseph should have a long future in WWE. I'm not sure I've ever heard a guy so convincingly try to explain WWE goings-on without actually explaining him. Him talking about Indi Hartwell's tough year (That WWE fired her "husband" and tag partner) without actually saying something was a masterclassa in navigating the Vince-ism minefieldand coming through with flying colours. Wade Barrett is a little out there, him off-handedly saying that his sources told him that one of those bro-country guys was a virgin and his injury to his right hand had ruined his sex life to absolutely no response from Vic was a moment to behold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 or 3 more matches left to be announced for HIAC. 

Bryan Allaverz or whatever his name said the Raw and Smackdown brand division is over this friday. We will see if that's true. 

Andrew Zarian however said the brand split isn't ending but more stars will jump back and forth. Depending on the storylines.

Edited by Blue Dragon

26 minutes ago, caley said:

I like the random Diamond Mine guy (who is he?!) telling them off-handed about Roderick Strong's injury ("We were just rolling around on the mat together!"). I wonder if we ever see Strong again, actually.

The guy is called Damon Kemp. He is Gable Steveson's brother.

I'd be a little surprised if Roddy came back. Feels like they have been building up his departure. Might as well just make it that someone murdered him and let Diamond Mine run free on their own. The Creeds aren't bad talkers though everything is at least few step down with Bivens gone.