DVDVR Message Board

5/23/2022-WHO IS HAVING THE BEST YEAR IN THE RING?

DEAN

WHO IS HAVING THE BEST YEAR IN THE RING?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Whose is have the best year in the ring?

This polls secret good wrestler who you should know about is Ice Ribbon's Ibuki Hoshi,  She is this poll's Yuma Aoyagi (except there are no Ice Ribbon matches on archive.org.)  Steve Maclin is in the IMPACT! slot and one doesn't realize how good of a run he's one until you watch the matches.  KiLynn King is having a really great indie run.  Zack Sabre Jr is in the New Japan slot.  Bryan Danielson is in the automatic winner slot.  Becky Lynch is the Big League lady's spot.  I advise watching EVERY SINGLE THING in the Poll Prep thread.  GO! WATCH IT!  ALL OF IT!  Vote early and often.

• Like 2

Y'know, I voted for Zack Sabre Jr but I had to decide between Sabre and Becky Lynch.  BOTH are having epic, giant-sized matches that are important and at the top of the card.  Sabre took on Okada, Naito, Takagi and Will Ospreay- so it helps that he was in and won the New Japan Cup.  Becky has been pumping out matches against Bianca Belair and now with Asuka.  Danielson has had two epic, giant-sized matches this year- va Page and va Moxley.   The rest is just Danielson being completely awesome in tag matches.  Sabre has had bigger matches and is completely awesome in them.

Just now, J.H. said:

You had to make me a liar and not include Mei Suruga in this one?

James

Two more are coming up.

Voted for the Greatest of All Time, Bryan Danielson. In my MOTY on AEW Dynamite with Adam Hangman Page, 6th January I gave ***** to. MOTYC with Jon Moxley at AEW Revolution. Like the Blackpool Combat Club but when you have the GOAT on your roster, he should be in the main events as AEW World Champion. A mistake not putting the AEW World Championship on Danielson when he wrestled Wangman.

• Like 1

I miss the Bryan Danielson singles spell from September 2021-March 2022 of excellent matches vs. Kenny Omega, Minoru Suzuki, Eddie Kingston, Adam Page and Jon Moxley. Gave the Omega, Suzuki and both Page matches *****.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I have done as promised and voted for Ibuki Hoshi, because she will track me down and chop me if I don't.

WHO WILL JOIN ME?!

... anyone?

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

I miss the Bryan Danielson singles spell from September 2021-March 2022 of excellent matches vs. Kenny Omega, Minoru Suzuki, Eddie Kingston, Adam Page and Jon Moxley. Gave the Omega, Suzuki and both Page matches *****.

They teased us with that Aaron Solo match on Dark; I was hoping he’d pop up to give us at least one Saturday Night main event for every set of Universal tapings.

I watched the Solo match on mute while my wife was sitting with me talking on the phone. She said she enjoyed it, and she’s hardly a fan. She even started picking apart the armwork and I fell in love all over again. 

• Like 2

TJ Perkins has been quietly wrestling classics and has become one of the best heels in wrestling but barely anyone notices because he's done his best work in MLW.  TJ even got Davey Richards to give a shit and not mail it in during the Opera Cup finals.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I didn’t even have to think about this one for a second. Ibuki Hoshi wins this one in a walk. Bryan Danielson is the fifth wheel in a stable. Ibuki Hoshi would easily beat the crap out of him and everyone else on this poll. 1NjdpEr.jpg

Oh, this reminds me, Ibuki's recent makeover is probably the best image change since Zenjo pillbox hat Mariko Yoshida to Arsion spider queen Mariko Yoshida.

I'll be the only one but Steve Maclin is my guy here. He went from a guy I didn't think much of, to everything suddenly clicking and firing on all cylinders as soon as 2022 started.  Starting the year with the PPV match against Trey Miguel which was excellent and followed up with the most I ever enjoyed Jonathan Gresham matches in their series and continuing on against a wide variety of opponents. Looked great in there with Sabin and Jay White last PPV, hung in there with Ishii and I look forward to his upcoming work. I also loved his character arc of teasing a face turn to stand with Impact vs. Honor No More, only to turn back to the heel who hates everybody because nobody wanted to believe his face turn,  great work that had me hooked. One of my top favorite guys now.

Shout out to Kilynn King who looked like a real breakout star in that Natalia Markova NWA Match that I loved. And I will say Becky's current run is the most I've enjoyed of her work in 5-6 years. 

• Like 4

Okay I did the homework in advance this time and still ZSJ the choice for me.  I will say that Maclin's improvement from his Forgotten Sons days is super awesome and that Ibuki Hoshi is someone new to me I'll have to keep an eye on, but @John E. Dynamitesums my feelings up perfectly.

Edited by GojiColin
  • Like 2

One to add for those of you who want to track down Ibuki Hoshi... the tag match she was in on 5/4 where she teamed with Tsukasa Fujimoto against Arisa Nakajima and Hikaru Shida was G R E A T. Ice Ribbon just added it to their YouTube subscription service the other day.

Edited by Stefanie the Human

Has to be Bryan for me. He is great in big matches or small. He is riveting to watch in a tag match with zero story and zero build, or in a main event championship bout. 

ZSJ has been having a whale of a year as well. I personally would vote for him over most wrestlers... but not over Danielson, Kingston, MiSu, or Ishii.

Hoshi is on my radar now. Hopefully fate will conspire to allow me to catch her at a live show some day.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Gordlow said:

Has to be Bryan for me. He is great in big matches or small. He is riveting to watch in a tag match with zero story and zero build, or in a main event championship bout. 

ZSJ has been having a whale of a year as well. I personally would vote for him over most wrestlers... but not over Danielson, Kingston, MiSu, or Ishii.

Hoshi is on my radar now. Hopefully fate will conspire to allow me to catch her at a live show some day.

Are you still in Osaka? They're at 176BOX next week!

https://iceribbon.com/event_detail.php?id=3078