DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 5/18/2022

The Natural

Just now, The Natural said:

Will you be watching Adam Page vs. CM Punk with the run Punk's put on in AEW?

Got to keep the lights on. Punk, Danielson, Dustin, Darby, and Kingston matches get watched and reviewed.

I'm sure as hell going to be rooting for Punk so Page can be shunted off to the X Division or Undisupted Elite vs OG Elite purgatory over the summer where I can properly ignore him and Cole both.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Got to keep the lights on. Punk, Danielson, Dustin, Darby, and Kingston matches get watched and reviewed.

I'm sure as hell going to be rooting for Punk so Page can be shunted off to the X Division or Undisupted Elite vs OG Elite purgatory over the summer where I can properly ignore him and Cole both.

You have good taste with the names mentioned. I'm rooting for CM Punk too and I think he'll win. Unpopular opinion but I still think Bryan Danielson should have best Adam Page for the AEW World Championship. I like Blackpool Combat Club but when you have the best wrestler in the world on your books, he should be holding the top title in the main events. I can't stand Adam Cole.

Edited by The Natural

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

You have good taste with the names mentioned. I'm rooting for CM Punk too and I think he'll win. Unpopular opinion but I still think Bryan Danielson should have best Adam Page for the AEW World Championship. I like Blackpool Combat Club but when you have the best wrestler in the world on your books, he should be holding the top title in the main events. I can't stand Adam Cole.

I had previously thought that they had to keep the belt on Page because of the journey of getting him there and not burning the longer time fans but as much as I like the Blackpool Combat Club as well, it really does feel like Khan realizing that Danielson was too good and that Mox had come back from rehab too hot and too sympathetic and working to cool them both off so they didn't overshadow his long term investment in Page. Having seen some more Page, I think he's detrimental for the in-ring product in general and should be elsewhere on the card and that yes, they should have put Danielson over him.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Dog said:

The "Adam Page sucks" mind virus is spreading ...

This is why we don't deserve nice things. ?

I have enjoyed Adam Page and his run. The question which is hard to even calculate is he selling tickets or PPV buys?

Double or Nothing - not sure his match with Punk is really the main event with MJF/Wardlow the real main event.

Oh NO!  No!  Oh No!  The lardilization  BEGINS!

Lee Moriarty has a plan!

Koinosuke Takeshita counters like a man addicted to Cinnabon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Log said:

My feelings on Adam Cole are mixed. I don't really care for the guy. He's not automatic change the channel material for me, but I don't look forward to seeing him. I've enjoyed some of his matches and some have left me rolling my eyes. So, I'm in the same boat as a lot of you here. The interesting thing is, he's extremely over with AEW crowds. So, it's not a case of TK shoving something down our throats that isn't over. He's over as hell, but he's definitely not my thing. So, while I don't want to see him win the Owen, it's kind of hard to say it's bad booking.

If this whole thing ends with him tapping out to the Sharpshooter then Tony K deserves a fruit basket

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 4:56 AM, The Natural said:

These can be added to Double or Nothing:

AEW World Tag Team Championship: Jurassic Express vs. Keith Lee/Swerve Strickland vs. Ricky Starks/Powerhouse Hobbs. #FTR get added next week?

Sting/Darby Allin/Hardy Boys vs. Undisputed Elite or Young Bucks vs. Hardy Boys. By doing the former, you save the latter for another show. Thinking it'll be the eight man tag.

Bryan Danielson/Jon Moxley/Eddie Kingston/Santana/Ortiz vs. Jericho Appreciation Society.

ftpmi_zwaaaahhy.webp

On 5/20/2022 at 1:45 PM, Dog said:

The "Adam Page sucks" mind virus is spreading ...

This is why we don't deserve nice things. ?

I hate when folks just baselessly shit on wrestlers they dislike for some arcane reason…

• Haha 4

On 5/18/2022 at 9:24 PM, elizium said:

MJF saw Adam Cole's spray tan hands from a couple months ago and decided to up the ante by taking off his shirt, so that the difference between his hands and the rest of his body is emphasized

0wygypZ.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, just drew said:

I hate when folks just baselessly shit on wrestlers they dislike for some arcane reason…

Would you like me to write an essay? I don't think anyone wants me to write an essay. Good compromise point is just me avoiding his matches, which I'm happy to do from here on in. I don't need to harp on stuff. But don't raise the "bad faith" banner.

17 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Would you like me to write an essay? I don't think anyone wants me to write an essay. Good compromise point is just me avoiding his matches, which I'm happy to do from here on in. I don't need to harp on stuff. But don't raise the "bad faith" banner.

I think he was being sarcastic.  Young Bucks and what have you.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Whenever you ask if we want to read an essay of yours, the answer is always yes. Agree or not, more essays the better.
And that goes for everyone. 

• Like 7

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Whenever you ask if we want to read an essay of yours, the answer is always yes. Agree or not, more essays the better.
And that goes for everyone. 

I'm afraid if I write an essay it'd turn into pure smut around paragraph number three, so I just keep it to myself.

21 minutes ago, DEAN said:

This is probably true. Man, you can imagine how grumpy I'm going to get in retirement, scrapping with people on the internet when i should just be watching and enjoying KiLynn King matches. I'd say I appreciate your general sense of positivity in your autumn years, but you were like this about Marcus Bagwell in 1997 too, even if you were way off on post-jail Mocho Cota in DVDVR 23 or whatever. 

There will be no essay, either about Page's inability to turn the dial below 7 or the Young Bucks wrestling like superheavyweights or whatever. None of that. I'll write up Punk vs Page for SC and we'll see what The-Guy-Who-Is-Trying-To-Bring-Value-Back-To-Bodyslams can get out of him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DEAN said:

100%. Even if everyone here thinks I'm a dick, I'd at least like them to know I'm not totally un-self aware...

• Like 4