DVDVR Message Board

HELL IN A CELL XIV - 6/5/2022

Dolfan in NYC

That was fucking amazing... NEVER FUCKING DO IT AGAIN.

Cody's going to be champ for 10 years when he comes back from that injury in 9 months

• Like 2

Top to bottom, t2b, a real fun show. Hated that Ali lost, but I haven't watched the tv in forever, so I don't know what his actual chances were. Everything that was supposed to be good was and stuff like Corbin/Moss over delivered

Probably liked it better than night 1 of Wrestlemania. Lower ceiling, but less slog

Edited by elizium

I completely forgot this was on tonight and tuned in to see the end of Ali/Theory and then the main event. Was the rest of the show worth checking out? The women's match is the main one I'm curious about.

So that gnarly bruise Cody is sporting is legit? Working with that was a questionable choice and I'm surprised he got cleared, but that's his business. The match came off as just another WWE style hardcore match and I kinda thought the sledgehammer bits were a bit cringy. Their two previous matches were a lot better, IMO. This has to make Cody the #1 contender now, right? Providing his injury doesn't keep him on the shelf for a while that is.

1 minute ago, HumanChessgame said:

I completely forgot this was on tonight and tuned in to see the end of Ali/Theory and then the main event. Was the rest of the show worth checking out? The women's match is the main one I'm curious about.

So that gnarly bruise Cody is sporting is legit? Working with that was a questionable choice and I'm surprised he got cleared, but that's his business. The match came off as just another WWE style hardcore match and I kinda thought the sledgehammer bits were a bit cringy. Their two previous matches were a lot better, IMO. This has to make Cody the #1 contender now, right? Providing his injury doesn't keep him on the shelf for a while that is.

Definitely worth a watch. Women's match was great, rest of the card was fun. Edge's hair by the end of the match was worth seeking out on its own

• Like 3

Just now, HumanChessgame said:

YES.  

If Cody weren't wrestling with literally one arm tied behind his back, it would've been an easy match of the night pick. 

• Like 2

Women's title match was good stuff though it feels like Becky should have ate the pin.

The handicap match was surprisingly decent. If Lashley is moving on then hopefully he is Roman's next challenger.

Owens/Ezekiel was solid. 

Mixed tag was good. I missed Rhea's usual gear though apparently it was just late to arrive.

What I caught of Moss/Corbin was far more enjoyable than I expected due to Corbin being a dick to the crowd I only wish Moss actually paid it all off by putting Corbin through a table.

Ali/Theory was solid stuff.

Cody/Rollins was good though Cody is a dumbass for wrestling with that injury and someone should have smacked him upside his head for choosing to do so.

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

YES.  

If Cody weren't wrestling with literally one arm tied behind his back, it would've been an easy match of the night pick. 

That said, The cell match was great, but the Raw Women's  match stole the show.

• Like 1

Saw the last few minutes. There’s selling and then there’s how pale he was. That crazy bastard sure gets his kicks from betting on himself. If he makes it back, people are going to be talking about this in twenty years though.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Saw the last few minutes. There’s selling and then there’s how pale he was. That crazy bastard sure gets his kicks from betting on himself. If he makes it back, people are going to be talking about this in twenty years though.  

That's  not an if in Cody's case, it's definitely a when. Agree that he does love betting on himself. It's  worked out well so far.

Edited by AaronMLuke
Typo