DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 5/16 - 5/22/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Say no more, I understand your stance completely now. You see yourself as the Vince of your company so you empathize with his point of view here.

The talking point of:

33 minutes ago, A_K said:

What I said on this topic is that if they have a grievance that is not extraordinary to the role they have accepted, then by all means look for an exit, but an unstructured walk-out exit is imo disrespectful to audience, colleagues and - yes - the company that you have contractually agreed to work for and ultimately been enriched by over an extended period.

...is gross to me. Allow me to paraphrase here, but how I interpreter that is basically a POV of 'Well god damn pal you wouldn't be anything in this business if it wasn't for the letters WWE. You should be thankful we even pay you any money at all. You know how many people would do this job for free????' That is some toxic and manipulative shit.

WWE the company has also been enriched by the talent here. Sasha main evented WM 37 Night 1. How much revenue did that bring WWE? My point here is the worker and the company mutually benefit, they both enrich each other. So to take the company stance that the worker is irrelevant to the equation and should just be thankful for having a job is ethically questionable and morally objectionable to me.

I too will back away from this topic now because it's spiraling off topic. But take a second to consider WHY you're the only voice advocating for your POV in here. Could it be that maybe you're on the wrong side of this one? That maybe signing a contract to be a wrestler shouldn't entitle the company employing you to full liberty to use you & abuse you how they see fit? Just because I work somewhere and agree to a payment for my services doesn't mean that employer can send me out there to do stuff I don't agree with. Again if they want factory line workers, hire employees that get the same wage no matter what.

Let me say this and I'll go. No one freely signs a contract, in capitalist conditions there are always relations of domination and oppression. People sell their labor power because they need to cover their basic needs, thus becoming part-time slaves. 

I think Sasha has always been seen as someone who is injury prone and can't be counted on long term plans.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Today is tag titles unification day. I'm not sure which team will win, and which brand the belts will end up at.

I'm not even following but with this being WWE it will be The Usos to break up RKBro so they can be free to go up against Roman

Yeah, if there's a winner tonight, it's probably the Usos via Roman-terference.  

They're currently at 305 days into their reign, and only have to get to early November to get the longest WWE tag title reign (pun!) ever.  

RKBro is fun, but if they're going to be moved back to singles to go back after Roman, now is as good a time as any.  

All that said --  I'm guessing DQ tonight, with a rematch at HiaC.   Possibly in the cell.  

I watched 30 seconds of Smackdown and heard Shotzi say to Raquel "And I'm going to make you pay for stealing my moment in our match right now, you absurd amazon!" and it was soooooo stupid that I couldn't watch anymore.

• Haha 2

As for Cole going full stooge mode on Naomi and Sasha. "They let the millions of fans down" Lol. 

Company is so tone deaf. Nobody is on their side. Even if the company made any valid points vs. talent, they've spent the last 25 years being the "Evil Empire" on screen and most importantly behind the scenes. They'll never win the court of public opinion. 

• Like 4

The reaction by McAfee during Cole prepared statement was fascinating.   Like he realizes this is kind of bullshit but also knows his place in the company and is confused

Also interesting that Sasha and Naomi are still in the company but ALL of their merchandise was taken down.  Hell even during the Austin took his ball and left phase they sold his shit

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Today is tag titles unification day. I'm not sure which team will win, and which brand the belts will end up at.

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Usos and Smackdown's my guess.

Yay me!

• Like 2

After walking out of Raw this Monday, Sasha Banks and Naomi have been "suspended indefinitely" by WWE.

The indefinite suspension was announced during tonight's episode of SmackDown. It was also revealed that the Women's Tag Team titles have been vacated and there will be a tournament in the future to crown the new champions.

"Their actions disappointed millions of WWE fans and their fellow superstars," Michael Cole said on commentary. "So because of what Sasha and Naomi did this past Monday night, they have been suspended indefinitely. And we will have a future tournament to crown the new WWE Women's Tag Team Champions."

Cole also said that Banks and Naomi "let us all down" by walking out of Raw.

F4wonline.com

Man, WWE's not pulling its punches first with the multi paragraph press release, what was said on WWE TV: RAW and now Smackdown. The worst, most aggressive in 20 years when Steve Austin walked.

Nakamura/Sami was good. Really dug the finish building off of their last match.

Raquel/Shotzi was short and nice. The two always have good chemistry so no surprises here. Still feels weird to see Shotzi as a heel.

Woods/Butcher was solid. Its interesting to see Dunne still be a vicious bastard in the ring and so different being a wild maniac opposed to cold, calculating, and occasionally cruel.

Usos vs. RKBro was good. Loved the post match beatdown with so many sad children looking on.

3 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

WWE pulled all of Sasha Banks and Naomi's merch off WWEShop.com and removed them from the rosters on their website.

So they are definitely going to be fired then so WWE can make an example? Kind of shocked they feel safe potentially pissing off the Usos and Roman with this stuff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

WWE pulled all of Sasha Banks and Naomi's merch off WWEShop.com and removed them from the rosters on their website.

Just when you think WWE couldn't be more pissed off with Sasha Banks/Naomi, this happens. Woah.