DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 5/16 - 5/22/2022

Dolfan in NYC

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

Why don't you talk about her bony knees or working like the Road Warriors next.

I never said the Jacksons work like the Road Warriors. I believe I said they sell like the Road Warriors. A statement I stand by and that their recent work has done nothing to disprove.

I don't recall mentioning anyone's bony knees. I've said (and believe) that the lack of dudes who legit look like they could kick someone's ass in a real fight is a detriment to the business of making worked fights look legitimate. I stand by that too. 

@Niners Fan in CT, I think it's just genius of you to attempt to respond to what I said without reading it. I never admitted I was wrong about why Sasha took time off because a) I haven't thought about it for a single second until today, and b) Now that I am thinking about it, I don't really believe what was put in any WWE documentary anymore than I believe it when WWE produced content asserted that Vince McMahon wasn't trying to kill Starrcade by running Survivor Series. I don't recall you standing in support when Ali asked for his release, or when Jon Moxley vocalized the dysfunction in WWE's creative process. I'd respect your opinion on this so much more if you just said "I'm a huge Sasha stan and none of her unprofessional behavior bothers me." 

What agenda do you think I have? If I have any agenda on this board, it's the relentless and righteous crusade against flippy, tassel wearing dipshits who love to play wrestler until it's their turn to pretend it hurts. I just don't think Sasha Banks has a leg to stand on when complaining about "bad creative" when she's been in a favored spot for coming up on five years.

You didn't read that correctly. I said I was reading what you wrote. But anyway, what was "unprofessional" that occurred here? Let's say the sheets are right..  they handled a situation internally and then WWE decided to make it public on-air mind you and then also release a BS statement. 

You have no words for WWE management but you have plenty for the talent so how could anyone e interpret that you don't have an agenda? 

I'm usually going to side with all talent when it comes to WWE creative.. they are a mess and I have no use for Bruce or John so fuck yeah.. match their energy ladies. 

Maybe she's a nightmare to work with, who knows, but it must be frustrating to have worked to the level Sasha Banks has to legitimise the women's division, only to see it continually drifting back towards being an afterthought and a sideshow. Tag titles treated like a joke, quality talent like Dakota Kai marooned on NXT for years and eventually released, never more than about eight women at a time on either of the main shows.

Sure, maybe her issues are solely centred around hers and Naomi's booking, but is it not conceivable that she's finally had enough of being in a disastrously run company that treats their fans like morons, has sacrificed their entire men's division to two part timers and is starting to apply the same non logic to the women's?

• Like 3

They won the tag titles and are going through two ppvs without having a defense, and  if the reported plans are correct, then one would just lose a singles titles match. I get being upset with it all. If you don’t just want a paycheck then that seems reasonable to be upset. I hope Naomi is that upset as well because she was gonna get a big match at the ppv, even in loss a great match would’ve raised her profile. 

Morale must truly be terrible for Naomi, a team player who has lived through the 3 minute match Diva era and all sorts of questionable booking choices, to finally say "naw. I'm out.". Especially since she was so excited about this new direction. I don't know what happens next but I feel like the statement from WWE pretty much burns that bridge. 

I know that in the Attitude Era there were plenty times the WWE basically "exposed the business" for lack of a better term.  But can anyone remember an official statement recently  that went this far using terms like "scripted show" and "8 hours to rehearse and construct the match".    

I admire Naomi being the ride or die for Sasha but given how shaky they have used her in the past I don't know if that is a hill she wants to die on.  I mean as much as Sasha complains about how she was used, Naomi has gotten it a lot worse 

Edited by hammerva

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

You didn't read that correctly. I said I was reading what you wrote. But anyway, what was "unprofessional" that occurred here? Let's say the sheets are right..  they handled a situation internally and then WWE decided to make it public on-air mind you and then also release a BS statement. 

You have no words for WWE management but you have plenty for the talent so how could anyone e interpret that you don't have an agenda? 

I'm usually going to side with all talent when it comes to WWE creative.. they are a mess and I have no use for Bruce or John so fuck yeah.. match their energy ladies. 

Ha. They walked out of a television show they are paid to perform in, at the arena, on the day, where they had been booked as the signature attraction. I'd say that's pretty unprofessional as far as having a profession goes.

Edited by A_K
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, A_K said:

Ha. They walked out of a television show they are paid to perform in, at the arena, on the day, where they had been booked as the signature attraction. I'd say that's pretty unprofessional as far as having a profession goes.

Well you weren't there for the discussions that led to the decision and neither was I. 

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Well you weren't there for the discussions that led to the decision and neither was I. 

Its basically irrelevant. Unless the meeting had a discriminatory tinge to it or the contractual terms were broken (e.g. salary; contractually agreed presentation), you cannot simply walk out of your job -- or rather you can, but you can't dress it up under any form of 'professionalism' thereafter. Do the work you're paid to do, give the fans the respect they deserve, settle the grievance afterwards and if you need to part ways you part ways. The alternative is simply immature anarchy.

15 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Also the fact that it was Corey Graves who has despised Sasha Banks for reasons nobody really knows for years used the word "unprofessional" makes you think there could be an angle behind this.  

I don't get the impression it's an angle/work. Feels legit (boss).

Edited by The Natural

1 minute ago, A_K said:

Its basically irrelevant. Unless the meeting had a discriminatory tinge to it or the contractual terms were broken (e.g. salary; contractually agreed presentation), you cannot simply walk out of your job -- or rather you can, but you can't dress it up under any form of 'professionalism' thereafter. Do the work you're paid to do, give the fans the respect they deserve, settle the grievance afterwards and if you need to part ways you part ways. The alternative is simply immature anarchy.

Vince, Bruce, John and Kevin are the 4 Horsemen of unprofessionalism and that showed to be true again not just behind closed doors as the reports suggest but on-air addressing a situation that can be handled internally and also a statement pitting talent against each other where reports are stating all of that to never have happened..  yet here you are having no words for the owner and management. They have a terrible track record. 

Some real bootlicker energy from some of you here. Do the work you’re paid to do? Even though we can and will change the creative at a moments notice and publicly bury talent if they don’t comply or speak up and question it. Seriously? This about a company that has and will fire dozens of people at a time so their executives can get a raise and their shareholders see a bigger return. Big fucking yikes to that. 

Edited by MKERyan
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

In terms of what’s professional or not, I would just say that the “professional” half of “professional wrestling” has never meant the same thing as what it means to be “professional” at your 9 to 5 desk job or what have you. The right to tell a promoter to fuck off at a moment’s notice has always been intrinsic to the concept of being a pro wrestler.

In the realm of pro wrestling, what Sasha and Naomi did last night was, in fact, professional as fuck.

• Like 10

I just want to know where their understudies were.

"For tonight's performance, the parts of Sasha Banks and Naomi will be played by Wendy Choo and Roxanne Perez."

• Haha 9

As with many things - a lot of things can be true at once. Sasha has a history of temperamental behavior and pushing back at creative. To be fair, WWE would be better if more of their top stars pushed back harder. That said, walking out mid-show in any live performance whether it's sport/theater/movies/TV/or just like YOUR JOB is never okay. It puts stress on your co-workers and does a disservice to the people who showed up. There's a way to handle stuff and a way to not handle stuff and barring legit safety concerns (which, let's be honest - that WWE statement is all nonsense. Zero chance either of those women had issues with the skill level or safety of their co-workers, unless Nikki and Niven are secretly the APA just fucking people up daily) or like sexual/mental harassment you don't leave. 

The WWE statement is totally unprofessional and it is amazing in this sort of Nick Khan corporate sterilized WWE that that statement was greenlit. In Hollywood, accused rapists get nicer press releases when they get fired. 

Obviously, a ton of stuff to come out and a lot of moving parts need to settle. Sasha has walked out before and it got smoothed over. This feels a little different. Naomi is the weird one as this seems really unlike her public persona and she's a company lifer and her family is all tied up with the company.  

And, yes it's very hypocritical for WWE to get mad at THEIR creative being changed when they do it constantly but hypocrisy doesn't mean a person is wrong with their point. It just means they should self-reflect on their own actions and behaviors. 

Anyway - fun story! Most exciting stuff in a while!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Hagan said:

To be fair, WWE would be better if more of their top stars pushed back harder. 

Hell yes, it would.

Vince hasn’t been choked by a talent in a long time, and it shows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I dont see what the issue is with Naomi pinning Sasha. That's a total Demolition move. 

Well except that Demolition wasn't planning on breaking up.   If the ultimate goal of having Sasha lose to Naomi was to break up the team then that is probably what bothers her.  

28 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Man I would totally pay attention and watch WWE if Piper Niven & Nikki ASH are rocking out like the APA.

"Sure and it's the Ach-olytes Protection Agency! Hoot mon!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1