DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 5/16 - 5/22/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Sasha and Naomi allegedly walked out over creative differences in the Main, causing it to be re-written(although supposedly Naomi was the one going over). They didn't feel comfortable working with 2 of the other 4 women in the Main as well. Juicy juicy!

WWE doesn't usually issue statements on these types of things. Kind of wonder what really went down because it had to be bad if they felt the need to get their own version out as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

Umos has a gigantic skull.  I have always hated WWF cage matches.  A cage match is Tully Blanchard vs Magnum TA.  These are not that.  But this was perfectly fine because Bobby Lashley is a super worker.  Cedric Alexander is the Fuego del Sol of the WWE.  Finish was horrendous.  I dig Veer Mahan.  Mustafa Ali should wrestle Mahan every week because they are made for each other.  Misterios make the save!  So Ali is now mixed up in like seven angles at once.  I back their play 100%.  Matt Riddle and Jimmy Uso!  Riddle is all about selling an assbeating.  Nice Deadlift Gutwrench by Riddle.  I love that Riddle is such a fiery babyface who is continuously cut off by the heel.  It's so old school.  Riddle is the new Ricky Steamboat!  Nice use of the lack of Randy Orton to set up the finish. Awesome!  Los Lotharios are back!  AJ Styles and Finn Balor are a fun tag team.  Styles leans waaay into a kick from Angel.  Alberto RVDs a splash onto the upright legs of Balor.  (You know what I mean.)  Sonya Deville and Alexa Bliss wrestle again.  This week is a lot better than last week.  Sonya Deville is great.  She's such a good heel.  Alexa Bliss is perfectly okay in the ring but isn't top ten in-ring in the WWE.  That match was good.  Chad Gable and the new Robbie Rage, Elias/Ezekiel!  There is a lot of wrestling on tonight, especially if you give yourself a head start to fast forward over the non-wrestling part.  I assume Otis running in.  And there we go.  I guess we are killing time with Kevin Owens with this until they can get around to Cody versus Owens.  This match is fine and it keeps going.  ARE THEY GOING BROADWAY?  Oh there we go.  That was fun and very long for what the match was trying to accomplish.  Allright!  Asuka and Becky Lynch wrestle each other!  Becky leans into a kick by Asuka and this match is about as good as expected.  Becky is fucking awesome leaning into Asuka's offense.  Oh man, this match is good for A SPRINT!  THE MIST!  AWESOME!  That was great.  YAAAY! WWE!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

super old school to have a "card rewritten suddenly because talent walked out over creative differences" moment tonight

I just like that they can throw together a main event that good as an afterthought.

• Like 1

Very strange for them to broadcast the Sasha/Naomi situation as they did. Something definitely feels off, from Graves dragging them on the show to now this statement, pretty much insinuating that they have issues with how some of the other women work. Just needlessly messy. 

Despite it all, really enjoyed Becky/Asuka especially Asuka outsmarted Becky and pretty much putting a stop to her. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamal said:

Very strange for them to broadcast the Sasha/Naomi situation as they did. Something definitely feels off, from Graves dragging them on the show to now this statement, pretty much insinuating that they have issues with how some of the other women work. Just needlessly messy. 

Despite it all, really enjoyed Becky/Asuka especially Asuka outsmarted Becky and pretty much putting a stop to her. 

Seems to be a pattern developing with the Legit Boss…

Raw was mostly background noise.

Asuka/Becky was nice while it lasted and it was good seeing the mist return. Not sure why it wasn't the planned match in the first place considering their feud. Hadn't even heard about the six-pack challenge until they said it was canceled on Raw.

• Like 2

Tonight was a decent episode of RAW. I don't know why I was pumped for the cage match, but I was actually looking forward to it. It was what it was. I wasn't expecting Omos to bump off the top of the cage, but it was fun while it lasted. Bobby going through the cage was a nice ending. They should just cut the bullshit though and reform The Hurt Business. Cedric, Omos, MVP, Shelton when he's back from his injury. I could see them feuding with Bobby for a while before they figure out the WWE title situation again.

The six pact thing seemed dumb from the start. But I'd imagine it really must be dumb for them to say screw it and walk like that.

I loved Asuka vs Becky. That was a fun match and I'm glad the old mist spraying Asuka is back.

Edited by Phantom Lord

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

WWE doesn't usually issue statements on these types of things. Kind of wonder what really went down because it had to be bad if they felt the need to get their own version out as quickly as possible.

This. Unexpected news to wake up. That's got to be the most aggressive "fuck this talent" statement WWE's put out since Steve Austin walked out in 2002. The announcers openly talking about it on TV and putting out a multiple paragraph statement.

56 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Some posters just have agendas.  A thread from someone close to Naomi.  

In this week's episode of "it's okay to be unprofessional because it's Sasha...."

Sasha Banks has been one of the most protected stars on the roster since her call-up. She's been allowed to leave to pursue outside interests and to take time for her mental health. There's nothing wrong with any of that. But at what point is it okay to say "she's unprofessional?" First of all, it's a pretty shitty thing to do to two co-workers who could really use the exposure. And the "didn't feel safe" thing feels like horseshit, especially from Sasha, who's purposefully hurt co-workers in the past. Doudrop and Nikki had a chance to main event Raw tonight, and because of Sasha's hurt feelings, they don't get to. Secondly, what is Naomi thinking? Why would you go along with this? You get a chance to go over in a big match on Raw and turn it down why? Because of a pair of meaningless titles that make you the top team in a teamless division? Vince has made it pretty clear how he sees the women's tag team scene. I'm not sure why those titles exist. 

It's possible I'm making too much of this. Lord knows I've never made too big a deal out of my personal tastes in wrestling on this board before. But Sasha Banks of all people crying about creative while so many folks with legitimate complaints go to work and execute the shitty creative they're given strikes me as a bit disingenuous. Maybe she should ask her good friend Bayley, who was left off Wrestlemania 37 after carrying the company through the most dire time of the Covid 19 pandemic if she thinks Sasha's creative is "bad." At some point the juice isn't worth the squeeze. It's also worth noting that for all the bluster some folks make about Sasha's crossover appeal, she wasn't invited back for the current season of Mandalorian. The only other person on that list is a white nationalist, so it could be that Sasha's acting career isn't on the same fast track that Roman Reigns' is, despite certain posters insisting that she's some transcendent star.

I never  want to be the guy who says "shut up and do your job." I'm as anti-WWE from a creative and talent relations standpoint as I can possibly be. There are about three dozen WWE talent on the main roster at minimum who would be completely justified to walk out and go home after being given their creative. Sasha Banks has very little to complain about from a creative standpoint.

• Like 1

I'm not replying to anything you wrote @just drewnot because I'm not reading it.. more so its that Fightful now seems to be confirming much of the story Naomi's friend posted.. 

Maybe more will come out but what you really should do is stop with your agenda nonsense. Yeah sure I'm a big fan of both Sasha and Naomi but I'm also a fan of "know your worth" and I'm not a fan of WWE's creative team most of the time and Bruce and John Laurinaitis are about as unprofessional as you can be so miss me with the professionalism stuff. They are unprofessional. They are trying to pit talent versus talent instead of handling things internally. Most sites are reporting now that they didn't ask not to work with anyone. 

You did the same thing three years ago. WWE release a biopic on their own network discussing Sasha's mental health and you never once admitted that you were wrong about her reasons for taking time off.