DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 6/9/22

*Taped for BTI: Decay (Crazzy Steve & Black Taurus) def. Johnny Swinger & Zicky Dice (8:18) when Taurus pinned Dice after a double team. 

Impact Wrestling - Airing June 9, 2022 from Kissimmee, FL

*Rosemary def. Tenille Dashwood (w/ Madison Rayne) (6:19) with a rollup. After the match, Tenille & Madison attack Rosemary until Taya Valkyrie makes the save. Rosemary & Taya go face to face but Rosemary walks away.

*Steve Maclin def. PCO (13:23) after a DDT on a steel chair behind the ref's back. During the match, PCO bled a lot and may have dislocated his shoulder. Afterwards, PCO grabbed Maclin but he took off.

*Joe Doering (w/ Eric Young & Deaner) def. Josh Alexander via DQ (6:39) when Josh took the VBD Flag from Deaner and used it.

*Honor No More (Eddie Edwards, Matt Taven, & Mike Bennett) def. Frankie Kazarian & The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) (21:29) when Edwards pinned Sabin with the Die Hard Driver after Bennett used a low blow behind the ref's back. After the match, Honor No More continue to attack until Heath makes the save, but Vincent & Kenny King come down for a 5 on 4 attack. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Thanks 1

Zicky Dice is on a wrestling roll!  He and Johnny Swinger make it a match against the AWESOME Black Taurus and the Pushed Lately On BTI Crazzy Steve! 

EDIT:  OH MAY GOD!  Swinger and Dice are a GREAT tagteam.  They are a sleazier, lower rent Ass Boys.

Maclin/PCO ruled. Wild brawl that was. Main event was fun and a nice preview of Slammiversary. I wish Wildcat would be one of the PPV partners but guessing he was just an appearance. Nice to see the DNA of TNA Matt Morgan for an appearance tonight. Digging the build to Slammiversary, good looking card.

the Good Brothers/Briscoes farm brawl was a blast while it lasted. 

• Like 1

Sorry I'm late.  Top Chef is done for the season but that just means that I can watch BTI and MLW on the big screen, so it takes about the same amount of time to watch everything on THURSDAY- THE NIGHT OF WRESTLING.  It took me forever to actually pay attention to the really fun Decay vs Zicky Dice/ Johnny Swinger match.  And MLW was kind of a slog this week.  So it's time for IMPACT!  Tenille Dashwood had a really good match with Giselle Shaw a few weeks ago so let's see if she can keep up her singles match hot streak.  Rosemary is your KnockOuts workhorse.  This is fine.  Not as good as other recent KnockOut matches that were far stiffer.  Taya Valkyrie comes out and makes it a lot better.  IS THIS A NEW TAGTEAM?  That could be good.  Steve Maclin!  He is the future of IMPACT!  PCO!  Hopefully, he has a future!  PCO attempts to kill himself right out of the gate- tackling Maclin throught the ropes and landing on his head!  THEN he does a fat boy rolling tope!  PCO is fucking psycho.  Maclin hits a fucking beautiful  Tope.  PCO is bleeding from his mouth as he takes a Spinebuster on the ramp.  So.  We have a new great feud in IMPACT!  PCO takes a SuperPlex from Maclin, which triggers a flurry of offense from PCo for some reason.  He hits the Cannonball into the corner that remember first seeling him do when he was Jean Pierre LaFitte in WWF.  He then does that fucking lunatic senton onto Maclin on the apron and it just looks FUCKING CRAZY.  PCO is a total lunatic.  HE IS TWO YEARS YOUNGER THAN MEEE!  Maclin crushes him against rail and THEN PCO DISLOCATES HIS SHOULDER AFTER MACLIN DRIVES HIM INTO THE STEEL STEPS!  PCO is covered in blood and is a TOTAL FUCKING FREAK.  What the FUCK?!  That was totally wild.  And what can POSSIBLY follow that?  Oh, Josh Alexander.  Okay.  Joe Doering is so old school All Japan.  This match is from 1977.  Alexander takes Doering to the MAT!  Doering is awesome running the ropes and hitting a Flying Cross Body Block.  Doering is fucking awesome in this match.  Nice punch in the face by Doering,  Alexander hits three SWEET Germans on Doering and Cody Deaner!  The finish was some bullshit- PUT THE BELT ON DOERING!  That was great.  This is a fucking great episode.  So Ace Austin is Bullet Club in IMPACT! too.  Is ever coming back to the US?  Oh man, are they going to bring Alex Zayne in to  feud with Austin in IMPACT!?  OH!  ALEX ZAYNE IS DEFINITELY FIGURED IN!  That's so cool.  But what about Himoru Takahashi?  Is he coming in to challenge for the X-Division title?  Oh man, our main event.  Matt Taven, Mike Bennett and Eddie Edwards against Frankie Kazarian and the Motor City Machine Guns!  It's 2010 ROH!  Matt Taven is so good.  Frankie Kazarian is a great elder statesman of ROH style wrestling.  Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley and KAzarian do a super complicated jumping, legdropping sequence.  Eddie Edwards hits fucking GREAT psycho tope.  Honor No More then hits a compliment to the MCMG/Kaz sequence with their own complicated sequence.  This match is a hoot.  Eddie Edwards is so good.  Alex Shelley is beaten and battered extensively as our face in peril.  He finally, after EVERY trick in the book, makes the hot tag!  Kazarian is a total house afire!  Sabin and Shelley do the MCMG spots that you fell in love with 15 years ago.  Taven hits a fucking BEAUTIFUL Tope Con Hilo.  Great nearfall by Sabin after getting crushed by Edwards.  And they mirror the nearfall with Edwards.  This match is fucking great.  Matt Taven is your secret superstar of the match.  GREAT fucking FINISH!  Maybe the best episode of IMPACT yet?  Heath runs in to get revenge for Rhino!  Honor No More crushes HIS knee!  Honor No More stands tall!  So fucking good.  Yeah, I can;t quite figure out what was better- the Main Event or the PCO/Maclin complete freak show.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2022 at 11:23 PM, DEAN said:

Sorry I'm late.  Top Chef is done for the season but that just means that I can watch BTI and MLW on the big screen, so it takes about the same amount of time to watch everything on THURSDAY- THE NIGHT OF WRESTLING.  It took me forever to actually pay attention to the really fun Decay vs Zicky Dice/ Johnny Swinger match.  And MLW was kind of a slog this week.  So it's time for IMPACT!  Tenille Dashwood had a really good match with Giselle Shaw a few weeks ago so let's see if she can keep up her singles match hot streak.  Rosemary is your KnockOuts workhorse.  This is fine.  Not as good as other recent KnockOut matches that were far stiffer.  Taya Valkyrie comes out and makes it a lot better.  IS THIS A NEW TAGTEAM?  That could be good.  Steve Maclin!  He is the future of IMPACT!  PCO!  Hopefully, he has a future!  PCO attempts to kill himself right out of the gate- tackling Maclin throught the ropes and landing on his head!  THEN he does a fat boy rolling tope!  PCO is fucking psycho.  Maclin hits a fucking beautiful  Tope.  PCO is bleeding from his mouth as he takes a Spinebuster on the ramp.  So.  We have a new great feud in IMPACT!  PCO takes a SuperPlex from Maclin, which triggers a flurry of offense from PCo for some reason.  He hits the Cannonball into the corner that remember first seeling him do when he was Jean Pierre LaFitte in WWF.  He then does that fucking lunatic senton onto Maclin on the apron and it just looks FUCKING CRAZY.  PCO is a total lunatic.  HE IS TWO YEARS YOUNGER THAN MEEE!  Maclin crushes him against rail and THEN PCO DISLOCATES HIS SHOULDER AFTER MACLIN DRIVES HIM INTO THE STEEL STEPS!  PCO is covered in blood and is a TOTAL FUCKING FREAK.  What the FUCK?!  That was totally wild.  And what can POSSIBLY follow that?  Oh, Josh Alexander.  Okay.  Joe Doering is so old school All Japan.  This match is from 1977.  Alexander takes Doering to the MAT!  Doering is awesome running the ropes and hitting a Flying Cross Body Block.  Doering is fucking awesome in this match.  Nice punch in the face by Doering,  Alexander hits three SWEET Germans on Doering and Cody Deaner!  The finish was some bullshit- PUT THE BELT ON DOERING!  That was great.  This is a fucking great episode.  So Ace Austin is Bullet Club in IMPACT! too.  Is ever coming back to the US?  Oh man, are they going to bring Alex Zayne in to  feud with Austin in IMPACT!?  OH!  ALEX ZAYNE IS DEFINITELY FIGURED IN!  That's so cool.  But what about Himoru Takahashi?  Is he coming in to challenge for the X-Division title?  Oh man, our main event.  Matt Taven, Mike Bennett and Eddie Edwards against Frankie Kazarian and the Motor City Machine Guns!  It's 2010 ROH!  Matt Taven is so good.  Frankie Kazarian is a great elder statesman of ROH style wrestling.  Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley and KAzarian do a super complicated jumping, legdropping sequence.  Eddie Edwards hits fucking GREAT psycho tope.  Honor No More then hits a compliment to the MCMG/Kaz sequence with their own complicated sequence.  This match is a hoot.  Eddie Edwards is so good.  Alex Shelley is beaten and battered extensively as our face in peril.  He finally, after EVERY trick in the book, makes the hot tag!  Kazarian is a total house afire!  Sabin and Shelley do the MCMG spots that you fell in love with 15 years ago.  Taven hits a fucking BEAUTIFUL Tope Con Hilo.  Great nearfall by Sabin after getting crushed by Edwards.  And they mirror the nearfall with Edwards.  This match is fucking great.  Matt Taven is your secret superstar of the match.  GREAT fucking FINISH!  Maybe the best episode of IMPACT yet?  Heath runs in to get revenge for Rhino!  Honor No More crushes HIS knee!  Honor No More stands tall!  So fucking good.  Yeah, I can;t quite figure out what was better- the Main Event or the PCO/Maclin complete freak show.

Yeah, that was about as good an episode of Impact Wrestling as I've seen. Maclin continues to cruise his way to the top of the card. PCO continues to be the great modern day wrestling freakshow. They need to solidify him as a babyface and break him off from the Honor No More crew. The Main Event here was poetry in motion. I'm sure I'm not the first to say - Shelley and Sabin are infinitely better as a team, and I completely agree on Taven's secret superstar status. If he could ditch the onesy looking garish tights, get a presentable haircut (tho, maybe it's a great heel-doo), and stop trying to spam that embarrassing 'I'm Matt Taven' (un-Catch-able)phrase perhaps he could move himself/his team further up the card. Taven's a great example of Impact Wrestling in 2022. All the tools but the uncool factors require some focused attention. Less so Taven than the company tho. They still feel the need to inject Drama Club wherever they can. I heard an interview with Jimmy Jacobs where he spoke about his love for the high drama vignettes even siting a particular supernatural angle as his favorite Impact contribution. I'm sure Jimmy's not alone in those creative meetings as this promotion just can't help itself. Gia Miller has to have a ridiculous dramatic face after every bad promo segment. All that said, the Good Brothers invasion of the Briscoes farm mostly worked fine. Feeling like a bit of TNT nostalgia. Had they been reeled in to understand how having a cute kid portion would actually pull away from the violent intent they'd have had a near perfect vignette. That said, the Good Brothers play straight laughs very well and I'm thankful that the cameras weren't treated as invisible. What can't the Briscoes do!? The Moose-Sami segment felt much less effective. Callahan's metaphysical electricity hijinks could really use a moratorium. Impact needs an agent/producer with enough respect to help them separate their bad horror fandom from things that work well on a wrestling show. Also, Callahan as a babyface is almost as bad an idea as his lights out psychic energy. He's so unlikable, and in the right heel wrestling way. He's just not a babyface. Oh, Alexander and Joe Doering was excellent. Fuck finish even worked. Eric Young is just awesome. But after a solid bout (minus heel shenanigans in ref's plainview) they pull a classic Impact of just lingering the camera for needless drama. I also dug that Women's opener - like a solid Dark segment. They should pay Tenille Dashwood an extra salary as a stylist. The aviators, those sexy boots, the sexy but not trashy outfits. I like her within a team, but would love it if they gave her a total workhorse. Somebody who lacks the charisma and presentation she has, but can just go. Madison Rayne is fine, but I don't feel the chemistry between these ladies. Also, goddamn, please don't tell me Taya Valkyrie has dropped her furry boots. It's what I love most about her. Also, if my requests are being heard, which obviously they aren't, refresh Rosemary and break up the musty smelling Decay. Crazzy Steve too. Not to say you gotta push them any harder, but don't have things on the show that are this stale. Also, they should elevate Taurus out of this group. He's clearly incredible. Give him a mouthpiece and push him to the top. Speaking of Decay, that BTI match recommended by the Dean above is fantastic. Too bad Swinger didn't find this character back a couple decades and a half when he and Simon Diamond were arguably the most underrated team in wrestling. He's incredible, but he and Zicky should add a third for Freebird rules and to keep Johnny to trios and as a manager/mouthpiece. Zicky Dice is really something. Great, great bumper! Also, they should let that weirdo Iceman dude take over as backstage interviewer and host of the BTI show. 

Goddamn, Impact is close to having something. They desperately need somebody to reel in their bad DRAMA habits and work on a better presentation. Cheap yesteryear Raw is not the look. Also, drop the ridiculous flashback segments. Who or what does that serve? Complaints aside, this roster is excellent and the in ring is as good as I've ever seen from this promotion. In addition this is by far the best (or my favorite) commentary team in wrestling. This company is so close to being something that could actually draw some attention and crowds beyond these kinda pitiful looking studio audience size crowds.

p.s. Was there anything on the past couple Impacts that I should go out of my way to see? A great Briscoes match perhaps?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Jesus Christ, PCO is fucking MENTAL. There are like ten or twenty shots of him covered in blood there that could go in the blood thread but that shoulder is almost too nasty looking to present. 

Yeah, I know he dislocated his shoulder on purpose but that was TOO gnarley.  So fucking old school freak show wrestling.

• Like 3

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

He did that ON PURPOSE? Is he one of those people with a weird physical trait that allows him to pop his shoulder out of the socket at will or something?

Well, he pulled his singlet down to show everybody the dislocation.  He didn't scream in horror like anybody else would if he didn't mean it.  AND he finished the match- which wouldn't have happened if it wasn't on purpose. 

• Like 1

I watched PCO vs Maclin on YouTube and holy shit was it good. Mackin is presented as a no nonsense ass kicker and PCO is presented as a reanimated monster who feels no pain, so the two guys beat the absolute hell out of each other. PCO does things that no 54 year old has any business doing but we are all better off for it.

• Like 2