DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 6/2/22

*Digital Exclusive Match: Hikuleo def. Vincent (5:09) after a Chokeslam

*Taped for BTI: Alisha Edwards def. Renee Michelle (6:16) after the DeLish. After the match, Masha Slamovich came out and gave Alisha an envelope.

Impact Wrestling - Airing June 2, 2022 from Kissimmee, FL

*Mia Yim def. Savannah Evans (w/ Tasha Steelz) (7:49) with Eat Defeat after Jordynne Grace got involved to prevent Tasha from interfering.  Deonna Purrazzo did commentary.

*Kenny King def. Blake Christian (13:36) after the Royal Flush to retain his spot in Ultimate X at Slammiversary. Trey Miguel did commentary. 

*Rich Swann def. Matthew Rehwoldt (5:16) with the Phoenix Splash.

*The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) come to the ring and announce they are challenging the Briscoes for the Impact Tag Team Championships at Slammiversary. They talk about all their accomplishments and show video of them beating the Briscoes at Multiverse of Matches last month. The Briscoes interrupt and they brawl. 

*Honor No More (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett) def. Heath & Rhino (10:47) when Taven pinned Rhino after The Climax. After the match, Honor No More smashed Rhino's leg in a chair until Frankie Kazarian & The Motor City Machine Guns made the save. 

*Moose & Steve Maclin def. PCO & W. Morrissey (10:47) when Maclin pinned Morrissey after a double underhook DDT. After the match, Sami Callihan lays out Moose and says every time Moose comes out here, he has a date with the Death Machine. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Thanks 1

Hey!  It's Renee Michelle!  She's awesome.  IMPACT! should sign her.  Or she could become a junior member of the Baddies Combat Club,  Alisha Edwards is a great heel and they need to turn her completely instead of just alluding to it.  

• Like 1

Fun show. Loved Deonna on commentary during the opener, good build up to the Queen of the Mountain. King/Blake got a lot of time, Blake got to shine and looked good.

WILDCAT Sighting! Definitely hope he's working Slammiversary now. Really like bringing in Jack Evans for Ultimate X at Slammiversary. Big fan of letting guys who sort of quietly leave AEW like him, re-emerge in Impact with new life.  

Swann/Rehwoldt was short but solid. Good timing for them to be able to get the Digital Media title off Cardona. 

Good main event tag. Maclin was on fire there at the end with a killer finishing stretch that actually led right to the finish. I'm sad if this is the end of W. Morrissey in Impact - he had an awesome resurgence run. 

• Like 2

Sorry I'm late.  My wife had to watch the season finale of Top Chef and I watched MLW which had a really good Bandido versus Demonic Flamita match.  Savannah Evans and Mia Yim start off the proceedings!  This is your quintessential KnockOuts match- powerful, physical wrestlers who lay it in.  You can always see the Gail Kim influence.  Mia Yim showing up is like Toni Storm showing up in AEW.  Everything is stiffer and that is really adding to Evans allure.  Evans getting to lay it in is such a good thing and it makes this match much better than a Pre-Yim KnockOuts match.  Taya Valkyrie also ups the snugness so the KnockOuts are in a good place right now.  Yim looks fucking GREAT in this, throwing Evans around.  Evans has loads of powermoves too, especially a nice FISHERMAN'S BUSTER SUPLEX HOLD!  Tasha Steelz sticks her nose in it!  Jordynne Grace throws Steelz around!  Yim hits her kinda crappy finisher!  Other than that, this was good.  Prolly the best Savannah Evans match in IMPACT!- in that it looked more like one of her indie matches, IN THAT she got to do a lot more than she usually does on IMPACT!  Kenny King puts his Ultimate X spot up against Blake Christian and King is SO FUCKING GOOD.  Blake Christian is all flippy.  King has really great punches.  Nice lunatic Tope Con Hilo by Blake Christian.  King is great at beating the shit out of Christian.  Everything he does looks nasty.  It's the perfect pairing- hard edge heel and spectacular babyface who can battle from underneath.  Nice Tequila Sunrise Suplex Hold by Christian.  Sweet springboard Blockbuster by King.  NICE Spinebuster by King.  Cool nearfall after Christian dives onto King on the ropes.  Good roll-up sequence.  Christian misses on a 450 Splash and Kenny King murderlizes him to get the win!  That was good.  King is fucking awesome.  Blake Christian looked good- if a little too thigh-slappy and embellishment-happy.  Matthew Rehwoldt is wrestling!  I don't think I've seen Rich Swann actually wrestle in a singles match in months.  They dick around early.  Swann does neat stuff,  Rehwoldt has some good looking offense. Swann hits that unlikely Jay Lethal Stunner thingy and Swann hits a very nice Phoenix Splash for the win.  Alisha realizing that Masha Slamovich is going to kill her is adorable.  The Briscoes vs the Good Brothers will be good.  I assume the Briscoes get their win back.  Mike Bennett and Matt Taven take on Heath and Rhino.  I'm glad Rhino is doing backstage stuff now because he is about at the end of his in-ring career.  Taven is good at making other guys look really good and he bumps all over the ring for Heath.  Bennett and Taven are good, beating the crap out of our Face Who Is In Peril, Heath.  Taven and Bennett didn;t do the thing where they pull Rhino off the apron before he can make the hot tag, so this isn't a completely classic Southern tag.  Rhino makes the tag and he's pretty immobile.  He takes Taven's finisher!  After the pin, Honor No More busts up Rhino's leg!  Hey!  Frankie Kazarian is there to help make the save!  I thought he was trying to reel in Sammy Guevara and Tay Conti.  Scotty D'Amore says they have to find two more people to take on Honor No More!  FTR!  Oh they have to be IMPACT! past or present.  BOOO!  We want FTR!  Next week looks good- Josh Alexander versus Joe Doering.   They use the Random Match Generator for the main event.  PCO and W Morrisey versus Steve Maclin and Moose?  I don't see any reason for either of these alliances.  I wonder where Morrisey is going.  I heard rumors about WWE.  That would be a good place for him to land.  This match has the most clotheslines into the corner than any other match in the history of wrestling.  Maclin and Moose spindle Morrisey's knee.  PCO tags in and attempts to kill himself by hitting a senton off the top to the apron.  And then a diving headbutt and THEN A BEAUTIFULLY PSYCHOTIC TOPE!  He misses a Moonsault.  Moose hits a NICE dropkick to Morrisey on the top turnbickle and MACLIN GOES WILD flying all over the Ring and pinning Morrisey!  And then Sami Callihan runs into the ring to beat on Moose and that's your show.  The main event was good if inexplicable.  The Kenny King match was the best match.  Yim vs Evans was good.  IMPACT! wrestling is good wrestling.

• Like 3

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, DEAN said:

Sorry I'm late.  My wife had to watch the season finale of Top Chef

I have nothing to add to Impact, but tbh these are good priorities. Top Chef > practically all TV.