DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 5/9 - 5/15/2022

Dolfan in NYC

I did -- and it doesn't. Maybe the Rhea match. 

I think I'm asking this because I'm tired of catching Phil's column in The Ringer every Monday and there's something I've long since erased that I'd like to go back to. Either that or I've only seen/paid attention to like a quarter of it. This has happened more than once. But my DVR is dangerously teetering on "too full for me" (60+%) so...

It is bad enough that when Lacey returned and did this story about his father and stuff that we are supposed to ignore her entire career before that.  Now we are supposed to ignore the last month of Smackdown like nobody who watches RAW actually watches Smackdown.  I can see that working in the reverse because the idea of Smackdown users watching never watching RAW is not only possible but likely

Edited by hammerva

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

According to PWI - the reason the Lacey Evans promo aired last night was because they have decided to put her on RAW instead

Even better - she is gonna be a heel

Wow, i feel sorry for Lacey if that is true. That is such a waste of time and shitty to her considering everything she bared out to the audience. Why waste an over face, especially when Ronda ain't exactly loved on Smackdown.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm just gonna be blunt with this, is there anything I absolutely need to watch on Raw before I throw it in the DVR trash? Three hours must go.

The tag titles match is worth catching. As is Cody/Theory and Rhea/Liv. Everything else was mostly skippable even if decent/enjoyable.

• Like 2

The man with Triplets (who was cosplaying Wardlow) was Rex Lawless. Willow Nightingale’s SO. She was quite surprised about the whole Triplets thing.

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm just gonna be blunt with this, is there anything I absolutely need to watch on Raw before I throw it in the DVR trash? Three hours must go.

RKBRO vs. Street Profits & Liv vs. Ripley as Dean said the other matches had some rotten finishes. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Sure as heck looks like we are getting another Lyons/Legend match

Honestly I would be surprised if they go that route. The way they have built up Roxanne makes it seem like they have a lot more faith in her than any of their other pickups. I'm guessing the finals is Roxanne/Lyons. I'd be surprised if they had enough faith in Lyons to give her a title match with Mandy while I doubt Lash comes anywhere near the belt while another heel is champ.

Zarian confirmed Roman is just not doing the house shows. But he will be showing up on the TV shows and PLE's. 

I think Roman will also work darkmatches for both tv shows.

Edited by Blue Dragon

"You don't act like mommy, you act like baby!" Asuka is the best.

Edge's haircut killed his Lord Dracula vibe as the head of this stable. 

Good to see Alexa for a minute. 3 DQs by interference in one night. Cody rules but he and Seth having a third match feels so unnecessary. 

• Like 2

Sorry I'm late had to watch the AWESOME episode of Dark. It totally fucked up my evening viewing schedule.  Wendy Choo and Roxanne are sneaky!  Jacie Jayne is your superworker of Toxic Attraction.  Or maybe Gigi Dolen is.  They're good.  Roxanne Perez is a GREAT face in peril. Wendy Choo is a fun Robert Gibson.   Wendy Choo shoots Roxanne through her legs like a Tope Baby onto Gigi and Jacee Jayne on the floor!    Heat Segment Number Two is on Wendy Choo during the picture in picture.  I dig that the WWE deeply enforces the Dusty Rhodes rule of If You Can't Do A Move, Don't Do It-  as Toxic Attraction beats on Choo with simple but effective moves.  Roxanne is spunky after a hot tag.  Slight fuckery by Mandy Rose, but Jacey Jain sets up Gigi to get the pin.  That was good.  This feud has legs.  Sloane Jacobs and Fallon Henley are both AEW Dark/Elevation Covid veterans.  I love Fallon Henley's Bro Country gimmick which is a big improvement over her I'm A Crazy Girl gimmick she rocked in the indies.   Henley is all intense when she hits her finisher, which I dig.  Alba Fyre?  That's so stupid.  I guess Kay Lee Ray was super indie sounding so they changed it to something super WWE stupid.  Amari Miller is fine.  That match was fine.  Nice Swanton.  I fast-forwarded over the mixed tag because life is too short.  Nikita Lyonns is in with Grace?  Just Grace?  Okay.  Grace looked good.  Nikita Lyonns is good.  This episode is like the Best Possible Episode of WOW.  AWESOME!  It's Natalya!  Cora Jade is the Skye Blue of NXT.   Natalya is awesome.  She is the Sgt Buddy Lee Parker of NXT.  Jade is good on her comeback,  She is a fine babyface who will take a beating.  Natalya goes all Ric Flair working on the knee to set up her finisher.  Cora isn't nearly dangerous enough to her going over to look credible but Natalya carries her to make this a really fun match.  Finish is fucking  BEAUTIFUL.  That's professional wrestling.  Natalya is fucking awesome.  Greatest WOW EVER!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I fast-forwarded over the mixed tag because life is too short.

You should check it out, if anything to watch Chase U get caught up in Sarray's transformation powers and Waller eat a Sarray dropkick.  I'm pretty sure this might be the first WWE TV show that had women wrestling in every match which is pretty impressive with the relatively green roster they have.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

Wow, i feel sorry for Lacey if that is true. That is such a waste of time and shitty to her considering everything she bared out to the audience. Why waste an over face, especially when Ronda ain't exactly loved on Smackdown.

they've finally realized the only babyface buildup in their repertoire that ever really works is "Creative is completely dicking this person over"

• Like 1

Wendy/Roxanne vs. Gigi/Jacy was nice. Dug the sneaky start from the faces and the finish wasn't too bad along with the generally solid action. Kind of hope Wendy and Roxanne keep teaming though I want Roxanne to also win the belt off of Mandy. That said ever since she debuted The Police has been playing in my head every Tuesday. Its not a bad thing per say but still.

Fallon/Sloane was pretty decent.

Amari/Alba was alright. KLR's new looks isn't a bad one though her entrance made me think of Sephiroth in Nibelhiem.

Chase/Sarray vs. Waller/Stratton was super fun. The clothes switcheroo entrance was awesome, especially for Chase's reaction.

Lyons/Grace started off pretty nice and was decent on the whole. Not a bad showing from Santino's daughter. Kind of surprised they left that bit out other than the mention her being Beth Phoenix's sentimental pick for the tournament.

Nattie/Cora was great, legit best match I think Cora has had in NXT and probably the best match from Nattie overall (definitely top 3). Loved the attitude shown, the action, and the finish was a awesome way to make Cora look great even in loss. The bit of respect post match was nice though admittedly I kind of wanted Nattie to beat Cora's ass again and continue to run through NXT talent. I assume Nattie's stint is already sadly over which is a shame if the case.

Was nice seeing the women be so much of the focus without an actual emphasis being put on that fact.

• Like 1

Apparently the writers of NXT was watching some 1998 WWF and thought we needed gang wars again with the Italian mafia vs the Spanish gangs.    Now all they need to bring down Lacey Evans to start a nationalist group that will fight after all of them.  

On 5/11/2022 at 8:47 AM, hammerva said:

Apparently the writers of NXT was watching some 1998 WWF and thought we needed gang wars again with the Italian mafia vs the Spanish gangs.    Now all they need to bring down Lacey Evans to start a nationalist group that will fight after all of them.  

I mean, she was a cop...  ?   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

This is the last year with the "Hell in a Cell" name, next year it will be renamed.  

Hell in a Cell is such a great name. sure, maybe it didn't need to be an annual event, but i'm sorry it's going away

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

Hell in a Cell is such a great name. sure, maybe it didn't need to be an annual event, but i'm sorry it's going away

I don't agree with the reasons why the dirtsheets think WWE is dropping the name of that PLE. WWE probably wants to further cut down on the gimmick themed events and also just book the gimmick matches (Cell for example) at any other PLE in the future.

Only the remaining Oct Saudi PLE is unamed so far. Some think it will be TLC.

The reasoning I had always heard is the success of The Royal Rumble as a concept PPV led to them deciding they needed more concept PPVs to distinguish them from each other. Hence HIAC, MITB, TLC, & Elimination Chamber becoming annual events with the name sake concepts. Which is something I don't like. I want to go back to the days of using the gimmick match concepts when they fit narrative, not just because it's June.

If that's what they're going back to I'm all for it. Bu I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's not what's happening. I think they keep the concepts and just change the PPV names. Like June will be called something like Hotter Than Hell and still have HIAC matches. We'll see.  hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1