DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 5/9 - 5/15/2022

Dolfan in NYC

FSR3cvUVUAUXBv3?format=jpg&name=large

Well, I'm guessing this will be addressed tonight.   

Hell in a Cell in 4 weeks, so I'm just assuming Drew-Roman is on for that, but we'll see. 

Enjoy the week

Some notes, info whatever:

Ciampa was supposed to be another member of Edge's Judgement Day faction.

Bayley is the last remaining WWE free agent yet to be assigned to any of the brands.

Can't expect much Bliss because of her history with concussions. It's obvious the company is trying to prolong her career.

The Raw brand retains the Raw tag titles. Still the brand with no top world title.

Unifying the tags is back on. 

I'm happy to see Bliss back, I don't know what her new gimmick is yet.

Enjoyed VEERberg destroying Wardlow, haha.

So Cody in the cell vs Rollins is next?

Becky's new gears are so hot.

Montez Ford is so good.  What a great dropkick,  What a great tope con hilo.  They settle into Riddle being your face in peril and he tags Randy Orton in and he becomes More Than Robert Gibson.  What a great Frog Splash.  What a great enzuguiri.  Montez Ford is really fucking good.  Man, Rhea Ripley is fucking laying it in since teaming up with Edge.  Liv Morgan takes an ass beating like a champ.  So Ripley is now Akira Hokuto.  Awesome!  Damien Priest vs Finn Balor was good which was more of an angle than a match.  Alexa Bliss is back and she beats Sonya Deville in a really squashy squash.  Asuka is a total weirdo again and it feels good.  Veer Mahan crushes some dude with triplets.  Austin Theory is really good.  Cody as a total face is disconcerting so I liked the finish of the Rollins match.  Cody is best when he is the Best Possible Shane Douglas in ECW.  I dig Theory as Jun Akiyama up against the four pillars.   The finish was bullcrud.  BULLCRUD, I SAY!  Hey!  It's Doudrop!  I assume she turns on Nikki ASH before the hour is up.  Hey, she almost does!  That was another Angle Instead Match.  WWE goes lucha libre with the annoying evil ref.  This time using the Miz!  Ciampa doesn't really need an evil ref- as he beats the life out of Mustafa Ali.  Ciampa has the best chinlock in history.  Ali hits a Flying Burrito!  Ciampa leans waaay into Ali's superkick.  MIZ DOES THE FAST COUNT!  So goofy.  That was fun.  Asuka and Bianca Belair wrestle.  Becky Lynch appears to have lost her mind and it feels good.  Bianca Belair is all powerful.  The finish is MORE BULLCRUD! MORE BULLCRUD!  Man,  they didn;t even try to come up with any decent finishes tonight.  Yeesh.  

• Like 1

Ciampa's gonna be out of this company quicker than I expected.

Damn AEW for setting wrestling back 50 years, because everyone went to the School of the Cheapest of Cheap Heat tonight.

• Like 1

Street Profits vs. RKBro was good.

Rhea vs. Liv was nice. Not interested in Edge's group, but I'm happy she is doing bigger things.

Sonya getting squashed by Bliss sucked. I'm guessing Bliss is supposed to be a combo if her old character and her creepy character.

Veer's squash was nice.

Cody/Theory was pretty solid up until the finish. Didn't particularly mind it though I'd have rather they had not bothered with a title match if that was the plan. Not excited at the idea of Cody/Seth III despite their last two matches being good.

Sasha/Naomi vs. Doudrop/Nikki was alright. Seem to be building into Nikki dropping the superhero character. Curious if they have her go back to crazy Nikki or something new.

Ciampa/Ali was bogged down by the crooked ref stuff. Feels kind of early to do that one. Probably should have saved that for the first Ali/Theory match.

I enjoyed Becky pointing out the stupidity of Champions contenders matches. Bianca/Asuka was just a teaser/angle for Becky interference. This should not have main evented all things considered.

Too many fuckery matches on one show though the tag titles MTech Rhea/Live, and even Cody/Theory were worth catching.

I thought Theory/Cody was solid and enjoyed it, even the ending.

KO/Ezekiel is hilarious.  

the 24/7 stuff is just there at this point, but I always smile whenever Truth is on screen.  

Unhinged Becky Lynch is my favorite version of her since Nia Jax busted her nose open.

Edge is lame.  Absolutely lame.  Everything about this presentation screams "Hot topic angry" at me.  I'm just hoping that the in-ring work will overshadow how little I think of Edge right now.

Poor Ciampa.  I get he's featured on Raw, but for how long?

• Like 1

I enjoyed Liv/Rhea but damn! Couldn't Finn and AJ at least bother to come out and support her during the match? Instead they storm out after she's already lost and gotten destroyed post-match. Booo Those two suck lol 

I assume we are about to say RIP to ASH.

i dig unhinged Becky too. Lol 

19 minutes ago, Jamal said:

I enjoyed Liv/Rhea but damn! Couldn't Finn and AJ at least bother to come out and support her during the match? Instead they storm out after she's already lost and gotten destroyed post-match. Booo Those two suck lol  

I've always hated the "wrestler makes save, but music plays and he/she has to do their full entrance" logic before interfering. I even hate it when it's cutting off promos.  It's been a WWE thing forever that drives me crazy, but AEW does it on occasion too. I know "my God, that's _______'s music" is a meme as old as time, but it definitely pulls me out of the situation.

Also, not sure putting Omos and Bobby in a cage is going to help Omos's quality. The challenges of dealing with someone that's kind of limited. 

• Like 1

According to PWI - the reason the Lacey Evans promo aired last night was because they have decided to put her on RAW instead

Even better - she is gonna be a heel

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

According to PWI - the reason the Lacey Evans promo aired last night was because they have decided to put her on RAW instead

Even better - she is gonna be a heel

I feel like from a whims of the week perspective that she's somewhat The Big Show of the current women's division because of the constant brand changes/alignment changes. 

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

I'm just gonna be blunt with this, is there anything I absolutely need to watch on Raw before I throw it in the DVR trash? Three hours must go.

I didn't watch so can't help you bud. Haven't watched a full RAW, Smackdown or NXT 2.0 in some time.

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm just gonna be blunt with this, is there anything I absolutely need to watch on Raw before I throw it in the DVR trash? Three hours must go.

Read @DEAN's post.  If any of that interests you, then watch that.  

??‍♂️