DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/12/22 - Newport, KY

*Taped for BTI: Ace Austin def. Aiden Prince (8:02) after The Fold

Impact Wrestling - Airing May 12, 2022 from Newport, KY

*Tom Hannifan & Matthew Rehwoldt in-ring to hype up the show and announce the return of Gauntlet for the Gold in the night's main event.

*Kenny King def. Chris Bey (8:23) with the Royal Flush after a distraction from Maria Kanellis, to qualify for the X Division Championship Ultimate X match at Slammiversary.

*The Influence (Madison Rayne & Tenille Dashwood)(c) def. Gisele Shaw & Alisha Edwards (11:17) when Tenille pinned Alisha after The Collab to retain the knockouts tag team championships.

*Gail Kim came to the ring for a promo and announced the first ever Queen of the Mountain Match at Slammiversary. Tasha Steelz will defend her championship against Deonna Purrazzo, Jordynne Grace, Chelsea Green, & Mia Yim. Tasha (w/ Savannah Evans) interrupted to argue with Gail about the match. They surrounded Gail until Mia Yim made the save but Deonna Purrazzo ran out to attack Mia until Taya Valkyrie & Jordynne Grace made the save.

*Josh Alexander & Tomohiro Ishii def. Bullet Club (El Phantasmo & Jay White) (10:31) when Ishii pinned Phantasmo after the Brainbuster

*Eric Young (w/ Deaner & Joe Doering) won the Gauntlet for the Gold (38:33) to become #1 contender to the Impact Worlds Championship at Slammiversary, last eliminating Chris Sabin. 
-#1. Chris Sabin, #2. Alex Shelley, #3. Eddie Edwards, #4. Vincent, #5. Steve Maclin, #6. Shark Boy
-Edwards eliminated Shark Boy during the break
-#7. Raj Singh, #8. Trey Miguel, #9. Bhupinder Gujjar
-Gujjar eliminated Singh
-#10. Shera, #11. W. Morrissey
-Morrissey eliminated Shera & Vincent
-#12. Eric Young
-Young eliminated Gujjar
-#13. Johnny Swinger (w/ Zicky Dice) was immediately eliminated by Young.
-During the break, Edwards eliminated Shelley / Maclin eliminated Trey
-#14. Heath, #15. Black Taurus, #16. Rhino
-Sabin eliminated Edwards after a Gore from Rhino
-#17. Moose
-Moose eliminated Taurus, Rhino, & Heath
-#18. Rich Swann
-#19. Matt Cardona's music hit, distracting Rich Swann, but Matthew Rehwoldt jumped in from commentary and eliminated Swann.
-#20. PCO
-PCO eliminated Rehwoldt / Maclin eliminated PCO & Morrissey / Sabin eliminated Moose after interference from Sami Callihan / Sabin eliminated Maclin
-Young pinned Sabin after the Piledriver

-Sabin & Shelley started as #1 and #2. Matthew Rehwoldt jumped in from commentary to eliminate Rich Swann after a distraction by Matt Cardona's music hitting. Match also included Steve Maclin, Moose, and others.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Thanks 1

Ace Austin gears up for the Best of the Super Junior by having a good juniors match with Aiden Prince.  Prince is gonna be official IMPACT! soon enough, I'm thinking.  Austin is the Sammy Guevara os IMPACT! though he isn't as much of a lunatic.

Good show. Solid BTI match, thought Aiden Prince had a couple really great showings back in 2019 so it's cool that he still pops up. 

Knockouts tag was fun, Gisele Shaw was on fire, she continues to look great lately.  Knockouts title seg was good but made it stand out weird that Taya was left out of the PPV match. Josh & Ishii rule as a team.

Gauntlet for the Gold was a real blast, great job pushing a lot of various stories/feuds throughout the match. Cool to bring back as a tribute to the original Gauntlet 20 years ago. Eric Young would not have been my first choice to win and headline Slammiversary as he doesn't seem like a threat to Josh much at all, but it makes sense for the 20 years of Impact celebration show.  PCO coming in last and winning would've been kinda cool as a threat. Maclin had a great showing, as did Sabin. Shark Boy was a fun cameo, I wanna see as many classic TNA stars as possible involved with the 20 year anniversary. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Thanks 1

Allright!  Chris Bey versus Kenny King!  These two guys can go.  Man, they are laying it in.  Kenny King brings the steak, Chris Bey brings the sizzle, to paraphrase someone off Dynamite last night.  Kenny King is in the Jay Lethal school of ROH guys- in that he is really good at putting a match together.  He is Dean Malenko to Bey's Rey Misterio Jr.  SWEET TIGER DRIVER by King.  He is so good.  Fun batch of nearfalls and it's even funner because I can;t tell who is winning.  Maria Kannellis Bennett distracts Chris Bey!  Kenny King crushes him with a.. I dunno... a modified STO?  It looked cool, whatever it was.  Kenny King is right behind Eddie Edwards as the best wrestler in Honor No More.  Tenille Dashwood and Giselle Shaw are MAGIC together.  Alisha Edwards is a really great heel, I've noticed from her indie stuff,  Here, she is a tiny babyface.  Giselle Shaw and Dashwood are good in the ring.  Alisha needs to turn on Giselle and FEEL HER REAL ESSENCE OF EVIL!  She is a perfectly fine Face In Peril.  Madison Rain is a fun jerk, taunting Giselle on the apron and sucker punching her on the apron.  Giselle is good.  Alisha is Born To Be Pinned.  And she is....  HEy! It;s Mia Yim!  And Deonna Purrazzo!  And Taya Valkyrie!  and Jordynn Grace!  I hope this is setting up a six woman match.  The KnockOuts Division is loaded.  It's Jay White, who is total fucking superstar.  It's El Phantasmo!  I assume he is getting pinned.  IT IS TOMOHIRO ISHII on my cable TV!  What a time to be alive!  And Josh Alexander!  This is fucking awesome.  When your weak link in your tag match is ELP, you're doing pretty good.  Jay White will make us wait for him to lock up with Josh Alexander.  Jay White and ELP are Gene and Ole Anderson with Ishii with a myriad of back rakes.  Josh Alexander doesn;t touch Jay White until he CRUSHES him with a piledriver.  Nice high anlge German by Ishii.  GREAT FUCKING BRAINBUSTER by ISHII!    ELP will take it like a KING.  That was good.  Ishii has the best Brainbuster in history.  Josh Alexander versus Jay White already,  It's the Briscoes~ !  THEY STUCK TO HIS HEAD!  Hey!  They are doing the 6 woman tag match next week!  All right!  And we endure a gauntlet match- which is way of saying Royal Rumble.. MCMG against MCMG!  Eddie Edwards is awesome.  After Steve Maclin, it gets to the battle royale level and I glaze over.  Sheera and Bhupinder Gujjar made me want to see them have a singl.es match.  W Morrissey is definitely transitioning into the Wardlow of IMPACT!  Eric Young hits a nice pildriver on Morrisey.  Joihnnie Swinger doing the handcart version of the Macho Man coming to the ring against George the Animal Steele was really great.  Moose is such a physical freak.  He hits a beautiful dropkick before being eliminated by a cameo by Sami Callihan?  It's DOWN TO ERIC YOUNG AND CHRIS SABIN!  I try to figure out who AEW and New Japan would have to send to make me even think about getting the PPV.  FTR vs the Briscoes?  Sure.  Okada?  He wouldn't go back to TNA ever.  Blackpool Combat Club versus Honor No More?  Okay.  Eric Young? That's about as random as a promotion can get.  I'm sure it will be a fine match but I can't see anybody ordering Slammerversary for that.  Well, I can't see anybody on the IMPACT! roster really moving the needle much. IMPACT! is awesome because Josh Alexander will wrestle Eddie Edwards at some point on TV- but I don't think I would shell out any money to see it.  Maybe if Stardom sends over Utami Hayashishita and Saya Kamitani to wrestle Masha Slamovich and anybody else?  Oh yeah.  IMPACT!  Wrestling!  MANY GOOD MATCHES!

• Like 1