DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 5/6/2022

I've had to miss wrestling before because of having to work late in a hotel while doing fieldwork, but I've never had to miss wrestling because I'm still on the clock during my normal office hours!

• Like 2

brief list of the things I remember from this show

Hayter's pants before 5pm Central time? alright!

If JD Drake gets the gray out of his hair, he could pass as a Conrad Thompson relative

Marvelous hair all over the card between Hook and Riho/Sakazaki and Jungle Boy

Shooting Lethal's camera angle to keep Singh in the shot and shooting Takeshita's angle normally made Takeshita seem massive compared to Lethal.

Singh is dressed really magnificently as he throttles the fuck out of a dude with a choke. Apparently Singh's secondary feud is with Orange Cassidy so, okay.

Samoa Joe showed up at the end and was held back by AEW Staff Member Phizzo Jobson

Also a fair share of talking that I really didn't pay much attention to as it happened

Early start time plus Baseball rainout means some time for 4:30-5:30pm wrestling.

• Like 6

Tonight in weirdly useless AEW chyron:

Jay Lethal is "5-2 in his last 7 matches"

Jay Lethal's 2022 record "10-4"

So he was 5-2 in the first 7 as well?

It literally doesn't mean anything, but it makes me laugh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Anyone manage to catch a screen grab of the pre main event promo? I know they had to fit the big fella in but the accidental forced perspective had Lethal and Sonjay looking like Hobbits and I couldn't stop laughing

Ruby and Riho in round 1 is gonna be great. Yuka's always incredible. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Nineteen said:

Anyone manage to catch a screen grab of the pre main event promo? I know they had to fit the big fella in but the accidental forced perspective had Lethal and Sonjay looking like Hobbits and I couldn't stop laughing

Ruby and Riho in round 1 is gonna be great. Yuka's always incredible. 

They would have been better having him cut off at the chest and have Sonjay screaming about how he's such a monster he won't even fit on screen.

Edited by elizium
  • Like 2

That was a f'n STELLAR hour of wrestling. Shit, I kinda wish (and I emphasize 'wish') Dynamite was taped, too. Do it "late night talk show" style, taping in the early evening and editing it for later broadcast. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

Why is Sky saying misogynist shit about Tay in his face turn promo? Was it written by Jericho? 

That was the wooooorst. I'm into Scorpio now, don't make him be a dick. You can be edgy without being an edgelord, you know?

• Like 3

Fun early afternoon wrestling. 

Opening tag was good stuff. Riho/Yuka was amazing as expected. A big welcome back for both. Hyped for Riho/Ruby in round 1, but I love both so I don't wanna see either get eliminated so early. Interesting that both tournaments have a Joker entry, Britt faces the womens one. Danhausen was hilarious in his bit with Hook, love it.  Next week will be another early Rampage.

• Like 5

Sorry I'm late.  My youngest daughter is visiting Boston and she called.  Awesome!  They are starting off with Jamie Hayter/Britt Baker vs Ruby Soho/TONI STORM!  Storm lays it in early.  Is this the first time Soho and Baker have touched since their title match?  Baker lays it in to Storm and the AEW women's division is soooo much better now with Toni Storm setting the bar.  Oh man, Hayter/Storm is gonna be so good.  This match is fucking great.  WHOA!  Toni Storm pins Britt Baker clean as a sheet.  Awesome! Tony Nese vs Danhausen!  Hook's suplex was fucking awesome.  Awesome!  Hook will suplex Mark Sterling Wednesday!  AWESOME!  Yuka Sakazaki!  And Riho!  Riho has turned EVIL!  Oh, she isn't evil.  Oh man, I can;t figure out who is going over.  I assume Riho. Yuka works the knee as we are in picture in picture.  This goes super Japanese as Yuka hits a Northern Lights Bomb and Riho hits a Dragon Suplex.  Fun nearfalls and crazy thing off the top. Riho wins with a roll-up.  That was great. Athena is the Joker!   Ethan Page is so great as YOUR dad!  Is this the biggest crowd Konosuke Takeshita has wrestled in front of?  How many were at the NOAH/TJPW/DDT joint show?  It's cool that he main evented.  Top Rope Lariat was fucking awesome.  SWEET Brainbuster.  Jay Lethal is awesome.  Great fucking Lariat.  Lethal goes over after fuckery after the Jumping Knee.  That match was fucking great.  The Big Indian Guy versus Orange Cassidy-  MAKE IT HAPPEN, TONY!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1