DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series Tournament by City

Jenalysis

Team Philly:

Take your pick from Raven, Sandman, Kidman, Nasty Boys, Steve Blackman, Mike Quackenbush, Stevie Richards, Snitsky, Chief Jay Strongbow...

Team Pittsburgh:

Kurt Angle, Shane Douglas, Sylvester Terkay, Bruno Sammartino... Jenna Morasca?

And y'all are sleeping on Team Samoa.

Team Honolulu: Ricky Steamboat, KING CURTIS IAUKEA, Akebono, Brian Adams and Buck Zumhofe, who his partners would immediately turn on.

They'd have to turn on Ricky too because there's no way in hell he goes along with that. 

Team Minneapolis: Curt Hennig, Larry Hennig, Verne Gagne, Rick Rude and either Barry Darsow or Nikita Koloff. Tom Zenk can be the waterboy.

Throw Larry Z on team Pittsburgh, though you'd have chemistry issues with Bruno.

As for Honolulu, replace King Curtis with Pat Tanaka?

Team Minneapolis would be Verne, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Lightning Kid, and maybe Jesse Ventura (unsure if Brooklyn Park is close enough to count as a suburb)

I was thinking about a Team San Francisco, who other than Pat Patterson and indy guys would work? 

Also found this gruesome bit on Wiki about Larry Hennig:

A rather infamous knee injury would contribute to Hennig's retirement from wrestling. On November 1, 1967, during a tag team match in Winnipeg, Hennig was in the middle of liftingJohnny Powers as another opponent rammed into him from the front.[2] As he dropped Powers to the mat, Hennig found that his knee had bent inward.[2] Despite severe damage to the cartilage and tendons, he refused to go to the local hospital and instead had Race drive him 500 miles home to Minneapolis.[2]

If that isn't the toughest fucking thing I've ever heard then I don't know what is. 

• Like 1

Team Winnipeg:

Chris Jericho, Roddy Piper, Steve Corino, Don Callis and....um, Chi Chi Cruz?

EDIT: Actually Bob Brown. He's a good choice. Maybe Kenny Omega.

Isn't George Gordienko originally from Winnipeg? Him or Omega goes over Bob Brown. Kerry Brown goes over Uncle Bob too.

• Like 1

Kerry Brown goes over Uncle Bob too.

Fuck that, I hate Kerry Brown. Bob at least looked like an old, grizzled wrestler. Kerry looked like a doughy kid, I fucking hated him when I was 9. Fucking ridiculous that the two of them could beat Benoit and Wellington

Jericho, Piper, Corino is a great Trio, but it's not enough to survive.

We have Alison Danger and Sarita on the outside, they'll probably cause at least one elimination.

Team Minneapolis: Curt Hennig, Larry Hennig, Verne Gagne, Rick Rude and either Barry Darsow or Nikita Koloff. Tom Zenk can be the waterboy.

Sean Waltman should at least get the waterboy spot. And the last real spot should go to Brock Lesnar. Perfect, Rude, Lesnar, Verne, and Larry the Ax with Waltman running interference could give Detroit and Chicago a run for their money.

El Paso could field a good squad just by throwing the Guerrero family out there.

Comedy option: Team Greenwich, CT (Triple H, Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, Rodney, Pete Gas)

Team Montreal: Rougeau Bros., Mad Dog and Butcher Vachon, Ronnie Garvin

That's a good one. Very underrated, they'd probably pull a couple upsets in the early rounds.....of this make believe tournament.

Swap in Jos LeDuc for Butcher and they'd make a few more waves.

• Like 1

Team Philly:

Take your pick from Raven, Sandman, Kidman, Nasty Boys, Steve Blackman, Mike Quackenbush, Stevie Richards, Snitsky, Chief Jay Strongbow...

Team Pittsburgh:

Kurt Angle, Shane Douglas, Sylvester Terkay, Bruno Sammartino... Jenna Morasca?

And y'all are sleeping on Team Samoa.

Take Raven off of the Philly team. When he wasn't being billed from The Bowery or whatever, he was billed from Short Hills, NJ.

team Kansas City would be Harley Race, Cowboy Bob Orton, Mr. Hughes and Rufus R. Freight Train Jones.. at the very least.

KC has Harley Race. This team beats all other teams because Harley would either headbutt everyone into oblivion or pay Paul Jones and his whole entourage of people, Dick Slater....Kabuki orJack Brisco who was world champion and took the belt from him, to eliminate the other teams.

• Like 3

I know I'm biased toward New Jersey b/c it's my home state, but don't overlook a team that can be comprised of Bam Bam Bigelow, King Kong Bundy, DDP, Raven, and Chris Candido. If you want to inject some youth on the team, you can sub out for Jay Lethal. Balls Mahoney and Devon Storm would also would be acceptable substitutions. Dawn Marie and Tammy Sytch in their heyday were fine eye candy to provide distractions on the outside.