DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series Tournament by City

Jenalysis

Team Parts Unknown: The Outlaw, the Magnificent M, 

London, England: Johnny Kidd, Nigel McGuinness, Norman Smiley, Jody Fleisch & ... Layla?

Team NYC: Adrian Adonis, Jimmy Valiant, Homicide, Da Hit Squad. This is also a shoo-in for Wackiest Team.

You take both Monsta Mack and Dan Maff over Low Ki?

You mean you don't want that visual of DHS and Homicide dancing with Handsome Jimmy after a big win?

OK, you have a point there!

• Like 1

Team Parts Unknown

Ultimate Warrior, Demolition, Papa Shango, Doink.

You went with Papa Shango and Doink. I went with the Missing Link and Berzerker. 

What does this say about us?

I could maybe be persuaded to take Berzerker over Shango. Shango and Warrior probably still have a beef and I don't want the tension, but if they can work it out I'll have Voodoo Powers on my side, which is more than what Berzerker provides. And really Warrior is basically a stronger more powerful Berzerker. 

Doink is the technician so he stays. And he'd fit in PERFECT with the Demos.

• Like 1

I had this idea: imagine if there was a tourney of Survivor Series matches, the rules being that it had to be wrestlers from the same city/city area.  (So say, Cobb County would count as part of Atlanta, but no counting the Hardys as from Charlotte)  5 guys

Atlanta would be second

Freebirds, Goldberg, Big Bossman

Didn't the Masked Superstar hail from Atlanta?

Team Moscow: Ivan and Nikita Koloff, Vladimir Kozlov, Alex Koslov, "Professor" Boris Malenko.

TEAM BUFFALO:

Marc Mero, Illio Dipaolo, Mark Lewin, Dick Beyer (The Destroyer)

Knowing Buffalo's luck, Dipaolo gets taken out on the go-home show and is replaced by Mikey Whipwreck. Too bad this is kayfabe-only, or else we could replace Mikey (or Mero), with Lex Luger.

Team Boston
John Cena, Killer Kowalski, Perry Saturn, Fandango, Kazarian

Team Calgary
Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, Bad News Allen, Lance Storm

Team Boston needs to swap Fandango or Kazarian for Tensai. Him and Saturn actually look like tag team partners too.

Bloody hell, I'm always posting about Albert.

• Like 1

So far this is Chicago vs Detroit. And Detroit wins.

Yeah, I sadly have to agree at this point. I'm trying to find other people billed from Chicago and the only serviceable one is D'Lo. 

Steiners vs. Road Warriors is a wash. They blow each other up.

This leaves Nash/Sabu/Rhino vs. Luger/Punk/One Man Gang. Sabu would probably sacrifice himself and eat the DQ to kill One Man Gang. So it's Rhino/Nash vs. Luger/Punk. I really don't like the team chemistry on Team Chicago at this point. Luger taps Rhino to the rack, then eats a boot to the face from big Kev and a Jackknife. Then Punk steps in and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc4_aR6VxVs

• Like 1

Team Calgary

Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, Bad News Allen, Lance Storm

Bad News can't count because he was billed from New York, right? BUT you can swap him out for Harry Smith which is pretty decent. I'd say Team Calgary gives a run at Team Detroit. They match up really well too.

Harry has multiple wins over Rhino. Lance Storm has experience with Sabu. Bret has wins over Nash. The wildcards are the Steiners who would beat Anvil and Owen BUT you have the overall team chemistry that comes with Calgary that Team Detroit cannot get. Two ECW guys who fought, Typical NWO ego stuff between Nash and Steiner