DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 5/2 - 5/8/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Meltzer reported NXT cuts every 90 days. I dunno about that, his reporting of what cuts WWE would do to NXT months ago didn't happen. And neither did what he said about the top titles situation.

Cody wants to bring back the Winged Eagle. But WWE teased in their own way online, only one new belt.

Kevin Owens, Chad Gable and Otis are a dream team.   Their match against the Street Profits and Ezekiel was good. Kevin Owens is so much more dynamic than everybody else when he comes in.  Ezekiel is the Best Possible Jim Powers.  The finish was basically clean as a sheet.  Veer Mahan kills a Guy From Greensboro!  Damien Priest looked better than usual against AJ Styles because AJ Styles knows how to make a guy look great.  AJ Styles on offense is really great, one has to remember.  Edge is a TV version of Willem Defoe.  This match has fun nearfalls.  Priest is pinned but they beat the crap out of Styles postmatch!  Finn Balor makes the save!  Hey, why not.  Mustafa Ali takes a crazy ass bump to the floor that didn;t make sense until they replayed Austin Theory holding the ropes open.  That was odd.  Mustafa Ali does a GREAT dropkick on Theory on the apron. The Miz beats Ali with a face crushing move and the Angle Is Advanced!  Or wait!  Ciampa attacks Ali and they are booking Ali in as much stuff as possible suddenly.  So the 24/7 title is the WWE version of AEW Dark.  Here are the people we currently are putting in a holding pattern.  Bobby Lashley throwing Cedric Alexander into the ring post was FUCKING AWESOME.  Cedric Alexander is the Fuego Del Sol of the WWE.  Oh man, what a murderer's row of women wrestlers with Rhea Ripley, Becky Lynch and Sonya DeVille.  If WWE didn;t suck so much ass when it comes to stables and tagteams, that would be a good ladies' Blackpool Combat Club.  Asuka is back in the ring!  For a second.  Bianca Belair versus Rhea Ripley is a match we need.  Deville lays it in.  This match is fucking awesome.  Liv Morgan going after Ripley and not paying attention  to Becky Lynch who fucking destroys her for it.  And Liv becomes your Face In Peril.  Liv is good fighting for the hot tag.  Yeah, Ripley versus Bianca Belair is your money match.  GNARLEY SUPERPLEX ON BIANCA.  Asuka looks fucking great.  Deville with GREAT V Trigger.  Liv Morgan crushes Sonya DeVille's face and gets the pin!  That match was fucking awesome.  YAY! WWE!

• Like 3

Priest/AJ was solid. Finn coming out for the save nice to see.

The six-man tag was fun.

Ali's segment with Miz and Theory was decent. Does feel weird ot have him feuding with three guys in Theory, Ciampa, and Miz. I assume the latter two go for the US belt as well at some point during this. 

I like the idea of Doudrop and Nikki teaming up. Them vs. Sasha and Naomi has good potential. 

The six-women tag was the highlight of the night. Everyone looked good. Thought they did a nice job of playing up the ongoing feuds. Dug the setup Liv and Asuka did to Deville. It somehow came off both well planned and not super obvious.

Ewwww, a fucking three way!  Nathan Frazier throws nice elbows.  Grayson Waller is good.  Frazier bumps big. They work a chinlock during the  picture in picture!  Waller is all polished and shit.  Frazier has the Darby Allin influenced tope!  Frazier has adopted the HOUSE STYLE~! of looking horrified and amazed at an obvious two count.  Grayson Waller will go far in this business.  He knows how to tell a story with his eyes.  Some kind of fuckery leads to Frazier's twisty twirly finisher!  That was good.  Pretty Deadly are awesome.  They are matching Vince Noirs!  It's Nikkita Lyons!  Hopefully she doesn't nearly crush her own skull this week.  Cora Jade is Skye Blue's doppelganger! if Skye Blue needed a few sandwiches.  NATALYA!  She and Jade take it to the mat!  Nikkita and Natalya are what the people want to see.  Nikkita Lyons is fun hanging with Natalya.  Lash Legend throws good punches.  Legend and Lyons bump big to the floor!  Legend manhandles Lyons while in picture in picture, which is impressive considering Lyons towering stature,  and Cora Jade becomes out face in peril.  This is a good Southern tag match because Natalya has done 1,000 of these in her career.  She beats on Cora and cuts off her moments of HOPE.  She is beating all kinds of heat to set up Lyons hot tag, doing every trick in the book to delay it.  Lyons is a house afire!  She is fucking great being all peppy and fiery!  Natalya accidentally kicks Legend and Cora hits her finisher and good guys win!  That match was a hoot.  Natalya is great.  Gigi Dolan goes to the beach to make teenage boys across this great nation to go blind and go to bed early.  JILLION STARS!  Hey!  It's the Creed Brothers against the Viking Raiders!  The Creed Brothers are definitely a new Steiner Brothers.  Jeez, a Viking Raider crushes a Creed on the floor.  Bald Viking and a Creed punch each other in the face during picture in picture.  Brutus is your Rick Steiner.  Julius is your Scotty Steiner.  The Creed brothers are great at nearfalls and the Viking Raiders have a lot of finishers.  This match is great.  Julius hits an AWESOME Superplex on Nonbald Raider.  Great fucking nearfall after a Doomsday Device variation by the  Raiders.  Slight run-in by Roderick Strong and CREEDS WIN! CREEDS WIN!  That was fucking great.  Speaking of Steiners, it's Bron Breakker!  Possibly the stupidest WWE name!  I don't think I've ever actually watched Joe Gacy wrestle before.  He seems good.   Hey, it's a heat segment- where your heel controls your face and the crowd gets behind the face as he comes back and gains control!  Yeah, Gacy is good.  Breakker hits a crappy Frankensteiner and an even crappier Belly To Belly.  Odd.  Nice Lyger Bomb by Gacy.  Breakker hits a noncrappy Spear and gets the win!  That was perfectly fine.  GAcy looked good.  Breakker looked kind of shitty.  The Viking Raiders vs the Creed Brothers is the one to hang your hat.

• Like 2

The 3-way was fun.

Frazier/Waller was good. 

Nattie/Lash vs. Cora/Lyons was solid. First time I can recall Lash not really messing up anything and one of her more solid performances all around.

Creeds vs. Raiders was damn good. They meshed together so well and did a nice job having the Creed slowly come back after that bad start.

Bron/Gacy was decent but also one of Bron's weaker performances. Not sure what happened there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

I can attest walking on hot Asphalt in the Florida Sun barefoot SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I thought it was an oversell. Cheers for confirmation that it wasn't. Hot weather isn't something readily available in the UK ?.

Edited by The Natural

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

I thought it was an oversell. Cheers for confirmation that it wasn't. Hot weather isn't something readily available in the UK ?.

Come to South Alabama in late July and early August. You get the humidity/hell of the Gulf without the pretty view and advice to be careful when and where you walk your pets in the heat because of their feet. 

• Like 1

Post Show - Nikkita Lyons announced she was in the Breakout Tournament

So 8 in it are

• Arianna Grace
  • Kiana James
  • Sloane Jacobs
  • Lash Legend
  • Fallon Henley
  • Tatum Paxley
  • Roxanne Perez
  • Nikkita Lyons

SRS says Candice LaRae's contract is up and she is officially a free agent.

My only wonder here is contract-wise, does being on parental leave suspend the clock on your contract or not.    I'm assuming they've verified it already, so this is probably moot. 

I can't wait for her to appear on AEW for a couple of months and then never be seen again.