DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Dominion, 12th June 2022 *contains Wrestle Dontaku spoilers*

The Natural

C&P from f4wonline.com:

New Japan has announced four title matches for next month’s Dominion event.

This year’s Dominion, which will take place on June 12 at Osaka-jo Hall, will have Kazuchika Okada defending the IWGP World Heavyweight title against Jay White. Other title matches have Tama Tonga defending the NEVER Openweight title against Karl Anderson, Chase Owens and Bad Luck Fale defending the IWGP Tag Team titles against Great-O-Khan and Jeff Cobb, and Shingo Takagi defending the KOPW 2022 provisional trophy against Taichi, with rules yet to be determined.

Looking forward to Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White the most.

So gutted that Japan still isn't letting tourists in, had everything planned to be at this show (planning for the G1 double header in Osaka now). The announced singles title matches + whatever fall out there is from BoSJ (Jr. title match, possible Jr. tags) and Capital Collision with a hot Osaka crowd make me think this could be the first near normal feeling show since the pandemic started (especially if crowds can make noise by then). 

• 1 month later...

The IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship is cursed. SANADA and now Juice Robinson vacating. KENTA badly injured dropping the belt to Hiroshi Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom 16. This title is cursed.

Edited by The Natural

Wait why was he stripped? I was just watching NJ on AXS and they said there was gonna be a fatal four-way for the title in DC with Juicey Boy, Ospreay, Mox and Tana. 

EDIT: Nevermind I read the link. It still doesn't explain the no-show. 

EDIT II: Boy am I dumb. The four-way is on the fucking recording.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 12:42 AM, The Natural said:

The IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship is cursed. SANADA and now Juice Robinson vacating. KENTA badly injured dropping the belt to Hiroshi Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom 16. This title is cursed.

But the winner gets frogurt!

Yay!

The frogurt is also cursed

That's bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Spoiler

Jay White beat Kazuchika Okada to become the new IWGP World Heavyweight Champion.

Hiroshi Tanahashi beat Hirooki Goto. Tanahashi faces Jon Moxley for the Interim AEW World Championship at AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door.

G1 Climax 32 Announcement:

The lineup is Kazuchika Okada, Tama Tonga, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tom Lawlor, Jonah, YOSHI-Hashi, Hirooki Goto, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii, Jeff Cobb, Great-O-Khan, Will Ospreay, Aaron Henare, Shingo Takagi, SANADA, Tetsuya Naito, Jay White, EVIL, KENTA, Yujiro Takahashi, Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens, Juice Robinson, TAICHI, Zack Sabre Jr., Lance Archer, David Finlay, and El Phantasmo.

That lineup is a disappointment when you fantasy booked the big AEW talent involvement particularly one Bryan Danielson.

Enjoyed the show quite a bit. Made it to my buddy's house right in time to catch Khan on the Cobb's entrances for the tag match. Missed the Yano match ?

Enjoyed the show more than I expected... but I put more energy and attention into catching up and bantering with my friend than into watching the matches, until the main event.

Spoiler

Quite a finishing sequence there between Okada and Jay! We both popped pretty hard for the title change! Jay vs Hangman ought to be very good.

@The Natural I agree with your take on the G-1 announcement. We set our expectations too high. I was surprised also that nobody from AEW flew over to make a surprise appearance at the show.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gordlow said:

Enjoyed the show quite a bit. Made it to my buddy's house right in time to catch Khan on the Cobb's entrances for the tag match. Missed the Yano match ?

Enjoyed the show more than I expected... but I put more energy and attention into catching up and bantering with my friend than into watching the matches, until the main event.

Reveal hidden contents

Quite a finishing sequence there between Okada and Jay! We both popped pretty hard for the title change! Jay vs Hangman ought to be very good.

@The Natural I agree with your take on the G-1 announcement. We set our expectations too high. I was surprised also that nobody from AEW flew over to make a surprise appearance at the show.

Cheers for agreeing with me, @Gordlow. Appreciate it, friend.

Here's the video announcement:

Spoiler

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Nice stat in Jay's promo pointing out that he is 4-1 over Okada. Never realised that Okada had any bogeymen left at this stage. If that record was a trivia question I would have guessed it belonged to someone from TNA.

• Like 1