DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2022 - THE QUEST~!

Dolfan in NYC

27 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

Look at the goalies they played against the first two rounds, plus the NHL allows them to take out opposing players with no repercussions. 

I was a Knicks fans in the 90s. I approve of this strategy

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I was a Knicks fans in the 90s. I approve of this strategy

There's a book that just came out on those Knicks teams called "Blood In The Garden" on the 90's Knicks that you need to check out. Those guys were my childhood basketball heroes.

13 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Tampa looking rusty. I'm good with this.

I expect them to win the series but they definitely were out of whack last night.  Rust was clearly a thing.

I'm bummed that we won't get to see more of McDavid in the playoffs.  Had Edmonton come back and had a long Finals, we might have gotten McDavid taking a run at Wayne Gretzky's all-time record of 47 points in a single playoff season.  McDavid played out of his mind but it didn't matter.  With Draisaitl on one leg and minor league defense and goaltending going against a deep, quality team like Colorado, Edmonton advancing wasn't going to happen.  

I'm sure Ken Holland will pull of his usual brilliant acquisitions in the offseason to shore up Edmonton's defense.  I hear Danny DeKeyser and Jonathan Ericsson are available...

I'm bummed too that the Oilers didn't advance. Was really hoping for them in the final. I can't remember the last time a Canadian team was in the final (was it the Flames in the 2000s?) Not sure who to pull for in the East, but I think right now I'm leading towards the Rangers. I just can't deal with Tampa running over everyone again. Regardless, in the finals I think my pick will be Colorado as I've been a fan of them going back to the Joe Sakic days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, onelegbrynn said:

I'm bummed too that the Oilers didn't advance. Was really hoping for them in the final. I can't remember the last time a Canadian team was in the final (was it the Flames in the 2000s?) Not sure who to pull for in the East, but I think right now I'm leading towards the Rangers. I just can't deal with Tampa running over everyone again. Regardless, in the finals I think my pick will be Colorado as I've been a fan of them going back to the Joe Sakic days.

The Habs made it last year, but they were trash this year so it's not surprising that the fact they went on a run was forgotten.

Before that it was the Canucks in 2011, which led to the riot when they lost.

28 minutes ago, elizium said:

The Habs made it last year, but they were trash this year so it's not surprising that the fact they went on a run was forgotten.

Late lamented Calgary Red Mile photos. ?

As a Wings fan, can't really root for Colorado in good conscience.

17 hours ago, elizium said:

I barely remember any of last season. All the cancellations caused by COVID and the temporary realignment really messed with me trying to enjoy it. Plus none of the teams I liked were ever featured by NBC since I didn't have my NHL subscription.

Also, with the Canucks in 2011, that's when I kind of fell out of hockey and wasn't watching. I didn't get back into it until McDavid and Matthews came along.

I couldn't get into the NHL last year or the bubble playoffs at all. Before their first round series against the Oilers, I don't think I watched a single Jets game last season.

Here's what you missed during the Canucks finals appearance:

7I9GrkO.jpeg

wXPwOl5.jpeg

ifObSpy.jpeg

3 hours ago, sabremike said:

Some "fight..." dude got sucker punched and went down like a bowling pin. Good to see all the Ranger fans stop everything to check on the guy... they clearly were NOT cool with this.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Some "fight..." dude got sucker punched and went down like a bowling pin. Good to see all the Ranger fans stop everything to check on the guy... they clearly were NOT cool with this.

They've arrested James Anastasio, 29, of Staten Island (ofc) for the assault (also peppered with disorderly and harrassment). 

The TB fan that got punched refused medical attention at the scene, so hopefully he's okay.   

Also, Anastasio is going to be doubly sad whenever he finds out he's probably seen his last Rangers game at MSG.  

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

They've arrested James Anastasio, 29, of Staten Island (ofc) for the assault (also peppered with disorderly and harrassment). 

The TB fan that got punched refused medical attention at the scene, so hopefully he's okay.   

That's a freaking miracle.  His head hit HARD.  Could EASILY have been killed.  I hope Staten Island Bro rots for a good, long time.

On 6/8/2022 at 4:31 PM, odessasteps said:

As a Wings fan, can't really root for Colorado in good conscience.

As a Wings fan, I'm rooting for Tampa.  They're still the team Stevie Y put together.  And I can't root for Colorado.  It's tough, though, with Tampa have Corey Perry...

If Tampa beats the Rangers, I’m rooting for Colorado. Tampa has won it the last two years and I really don’t want to see them win it a third time in a row. 

If it’s the Rangers against Colorado then I have no idea who I’ll root for. I’ll probably just sit back and enjoy the games!