DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2022 - THE QUEST~!

Dolfan in NYC

43 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Sid was not at the Pens morning practice.   He's still questionable for tonight.  

He has officially been ruled out by the Pens

Holy shit the Caps actually pulled off a goal to tie the game.  Thanks to a really stupid Florida penalty. 

And of course they lose in the first 3 minutes of OT like the last time.   Yep that is Caps hockey for the last 15 years 

Edited by hammerva
  • Sad 1

culihasa-dopa-jinja.gif

TJ Oshie. God damn, I gotta tip my cap, that dude played his heart out.  

Fucking hell.  First playoff series since 96.  I have no words how proud I am of this team.  

• Like 1

McDavid's goal tonight - and his play in game 6 - showed again why he's the best player in the world. He just elevated himself to a level other guys simply don't have. 

Jake Guentzel scored EIGHT goals in the series, including that completely bonkers goal tonight, and the Pens still lost. I will gladly take it.

Apparently the Rangers are the first team in NHL playoff history " to record three consecutive comeback wins in elimination games within the same series."

Jake Oettinger deserved a better fate.  He stood on his head for 60+ minutes last night while his teammates were mostly invisible at both ends but it wasn't enough.  At one point, Dallas had been outshot 40-11.  He faced 50+ shots in regulation.  That said, good riddance to Dallas and Jamie "hold up, lemme injure you with a crosscheck to the neck on faceoffs" Benn.

One more thing I should note about the schedule, btw...

If they Heat and Panthers both go to 7....  they'll play on the same night 6 times.   

Oh, and all those games will essentially start at the same time.  

Oh... and all 4 games in South Florida are on the same days. 

I guess the NHL is cool with having 500 people at the arena for the Panthers games. 

Looked like a good crowd for the Florida game last night though they definitely bailed quickly once it was clear Tampa was going to win.  

Rough night for Florida with the officials.  One goal (correctly) waved off after the puck went into the netting before Florida scored.  And then a Tampa goal not disallowed after a Tampa player made contact with the head of Florida's goalie right before the shot.  That decision baffled me.  Florida goalie was in the crease, Tampa guy skates through, bangs his head, puck goes - no interference?  The Tampa guy was "outside the crease" but made contact inside it.  I get that they want goalies to fight through contact and all that but, dang, dude got bumped in the head right before the shot.  Seemed like an obvious wave off to me but they allowed it.

I'd also like to thank the NHL & ESPN for deciding that the StL/COL game was blacked out for me after it was over.  I went to watch it in the ESPN+ app and was told it's blacked out.  Why?  I'm 1100 miles from Denver.  

Yeah, once the goal wasn't waived off, I knew that game was in the bag for TB.  

Also, I don't get obsession with people bagging on Miami fans for leaving when the game is clearly over.  They went down 3 with like 3 minutes to go, it's over.  I, personally, would stay to 0:00, but it's not like you go to any arena in any city and the fans aren't doing exactly the same thing. 

Whatever.  The game was winnable.  The series is winnable.  They have to fix the power play, but otherwise, onto Thursday. 

Sweet baby Jesus, the Flames are beating the Oilers like they gave Bill Watts notice. 3-0 at 13:55 of the first period, and we've already got a goaltender change.