DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2022

Not really comparable to Sasha and Naomi. They walked out on a match that wasn't previously advertised and nobody really cared about. Plus, hate to say it but they both "paid their dues" in WWE land and should have been treated with more respect for years...

MJF and we'll see what happens if it's a work or not but he's been treated well, he's also just getting started and he's walking out on a 3-year build. Also really shitty for Wardlow and a PPV buying audience.

He's contacted to 2024. If im Tony and MJF doesn't show, do I fire him? No, too easy. I put him on ice until 2024 and cool him off completely. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, EVA said:

Just have Excalibur casually drop it in his 30 second rundown of the whole card.

ANDTHENWEHAVEMJFVSWARDLOWAHIGHLYANTICI...NEVERMINDWEHAVEWARDLOWVSJACKVICTORYINAKNOCKOFFFISHMANMASKHEGOTFROMASWAPMEET.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

it's a 3 year build if we're rounding up here

guessing there's a degree of professional courtesy involving pro wrestling company contracts where companies don't try to set the precedent that the contracts are bullshit because it makes their contracts bullshit too

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

take it easy Dave

I'm not bullshitting when I say that one of my co-workers just saw the Eagles at a show in Tulsa and said it was a great show.

He really missed out.

• Like 1

I listened too. They were fantasy booking wardlow being put in the world title match and winning and becoming a big star. They were very bullish on it lol.

I’d say the news they had was supposedly mjf booked a red eye flight and it may be strong arm negotiations, but that’s speculation. And that they would be obligated to announce the match wouldn’t happen if mjf leaves town, and they haven’t made that announcement yet. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Not really comparable to Sasha and Naomi. They walked out on a match that wasn't previously advertised and nobody really cared about. Plus, hate to say it but they both "paid their dues" in WWE land and should have been treated with more respect for years...

MJF and we'll see what happens if it's a work or not but he's been treated well, he's also just getting started and he's walking out on a 3-year build. Also really shitty for Wardlow and a PPV buying audience.

He's contacted to 2024. If im Tony and MJF doesn't show, do I fire him? No, too easy. I put him on ice until 2024 and cool him off completely.

If MJF feels he's not being treated fairly, it should be his prerogative to walk away. Its his (and every workers) body on the line when they perform in the ring. Not mine, not yours, not Tony Khan's. If Khan has a problem with that, he should release him. Not "put him on ice". That's bullshit.

• Like 2