DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2022

1 hour ago, EVA said:

I was always skeptical of the reports AEW would be heavily featured, because it’s AEW TV day and nobody could be there. Upfronts are all about razzle dazzle. If AEW can’t put stars on stage, they’re not going to get featured.

I will say that Dynamite being featured prominently in their Premiere package is a bigger deal than most people will realize. That package has been key to Discovery’s business the last few years and will presumably be an even bigger piece moving forward with the addition of the Warner properties.

I think it's much bigger if you look the other shows listed on the other nights.  These other shows are big Discovery shows. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, porksweats said:

The closest thing they've got to it right now is Mark Henry's Rampage Roundup

And they actually  pipe that into the arena, unlike some of the backstage segments. 

• Like 2

I’m drunk rewatching Joe v Necro for the 1000th time.  Can we get that Cold blooded murderer Joe in AEW? 

I forgot how fun super pissed off Joe was.

Also Joe looks so young. So, so Young. We are all very old!

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Like 7

On 5/18/2022 at 9:48 AM, Matt D said:

Starks is a real student of the game. I’m confident he puts a lot of thought on exactly where to fall on the sports entertainment vs wrestler spectrum.

Look, if Starks ends up somehow as a member of the Jericho Appreciation Society there will be no way that I'll be able to tell him apart from Daniel Garcia. 

7 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

I believe Regal more than some, but lol y'know pro wrestling.

After hearing Regal's health issues on Jericho's pod, it scared the shit out of me when he just punched Jericho. I think he's definitely done.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Why would you make belts for a tournament when you could make a big trophy that can get broken over someone's head?

Replica belt sales. Those merch sales for replicas are insane. I'm sure portions of which go to The Owen Hart Foundation as well which is good. Not much money in the replica trophy business from what I hear lol.

Although for this specific instance I would have went with as close legally as I could get to a Slammy-like handheld trophy. Just feels right for an Owen Hart prize.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Replica belt sales. Those merch sales for replicas are insane. I'm sure portions of which go to The Owen Hart Foundation as well which is good. Not much money in the replica trophy business from what I hear lol.

Although for this specific instance I would have went with as close legally as I could get to a Slammy-like handheld trophy. Just feels right for an Owen Hart prize.

Why buy replica belts when you can have trophies like this in your home?

unnamed-1-1-e1590021594691.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Look, if Starks ends up somehow as a member of the Jericho Appreciation Society there will be no way that I'll be able to tell him apart from Daniel Garcia. 

You really can't tell the difference between this:

ricky_starks_aew.JPG

and this:

DANIEL-GARCIA-AEW-1024x576.jpg

EDIT: Oh shit I just realized you might have been joking...

Edited by kafkonia
See above.

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I was gonna say I would have a Trophy that the winner could carry around for a year and a halfTop Five Owen Hart Moments | Ring the Damn Bell

• Like 4