DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2022

27 minutes ago, JLowe said:

DEAN basically invented the tilde bang and helped found the board, we can cut him some slack. Plus he’s old ?

I am so very old....

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dog said:

Holy shit, we had long theme songs back in the day.

Also, point of order: the "Settle down" meme is riffing on a (now banned?) poster named "Hollywood Cibernetico." The proper conjugation of said meme is to add the suffix "netico" or "etico" to a name, which is not to be confused with the suffix "cito," used to denote a mini in Mexico.

In DEAN's example, one would tell him to, "Settle down, Hollywood DEANetico," as Hollywood Cibernetico would often get as horny as NXT 2.0 about pictures of ladies.

The_More_You_Know_0-0_screenshot.jpg

good history lesson for all those not in the know. i noticed it this time as well, but it's DEAN, so, ya know...

Hollywood Cibernetico has been gone for YEARS, right? crazy how long this riff on his name has lasted.

• Like 4

It's such a weird, tremendous gimmick. I really wish they would have done more of a run with him and Gunn Club but Hookhausen is making me care about Taz's sprog.

1 hour ago, Gordlow said:

I am wondering, right now, if there is a pro wrestling company in America where Kota Ibushi has friends, where the owner has shown that he has no problem letting the wrestlers take time off to heal up from injuries.

Just wondering.

I'd love Ibushi in AEW, and at this point New Japan needs AEW a lot more than AEW needs New Japan, but think this one may not be happening before Forbidden Door at a minimum if things are that toxic between Ibushi and New Japan.

• Like 2

I am wondering, right now, if there is a pro wrestling company in America where Kota Ibushi has friends, where the owner has shown that he has no problem letting the wrestlers take time off to heal up from injuries.

Just wondering.

I don't know how tight he is with Jay White and that crew, but I guess it'd be cool to see him in Impact. What's this doing in the AEW thread? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just wondering.

Kota Ibushi tweets translated thread:

Meant to ask yesterday if there's any news on Kota Ibushi.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Meltzer:

"There is more than smoke to the fire,” Dave Meltzer wrote regarding Ibushi’s frustrations with management. “Ibushi has problems with upper management that are significant. Gedo...is trying to smooth them out, but it’s not settled.”

If the Ibushi getting fired story is true, he must come to America and AEW. I will sacrifice HOOK's short term future and Gargano being the joker if it means we get Ibushi in AEW. Also Claudio is very welcome.