DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2022 Pro Wrestling Discussion

Jericho was a good opponent for HHH as long as he was the face and trips was a heel. Jeff Hardy and HHH usually had good chemistry too. But Rock is probably the best answer because he’s the only one who ever got good stuff out of face HHH, at least that I can think of. 

was HHh anyone’s best opponent cause I can’t think of anyone

2 hours ago, Sublime said:

Jericho was a good opponent for HHH as long as he was the face and trips was a heel. Jeff Hardy and HHH usually had good chemistry too. But Rock is probably the best answer because he’s the only one who ever got good stuff out of face HHH, at least that I can think of. 

I always felt HHH (and 95% of the main event WWE guys)  were too big for Jericho to be working his 90s Jr Heavy style offense.

2 hours ago, Sublime said:

Aside from a cheapie like Dennis Knight, Batista is probably the best bet.

Oh yeah, I read the question wrong and thought it was "Who was HHH's best opponent?" It's definitely not Jericho. Those matches are bloated.

I'm pretty sure the answer is "No one"

Tangential: who's Rock's best opponent?

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 1

when it comes to college basketball arenas, you know which arena likely hasn't hosted a pro wrestling event which would provide a unique look?

Gallagher-Iba Arena in Stillwater

oklahoma-state-basketball-ncaa-sanctions

The OSU basketball/wrestling arena would be a building where OU college wrestler Jake Hager would be over as a heel.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

when it comes to college basketball arenas, you know which arena likely hasn't hosted a pro wrestling event which would provide a unique look?

Gallagher-Iba Arena in Stillwater

oklahoma-state-basketball-ncaa-sanctions

The OSU basketball/wrestling arena would be a building where OU college wrestler Jake Hager would be over as a heel.

You would think Mid South superfan Tony Khan would be hitting up random places across the old NWA Tri-State area.

I checked Cagematch, and they listed 2 events in Stillwater, OK. One in 1993, and Extreme Midget Wrestling at the Payne County Fairgrounds in June 2020.

So it really wasn't on the radar for any sort of events during Mid-South either. The Oklahoma City market is pretty geographically huge. So if you run shows in OKC, Tulsa, Ada OK, Lawton OK, and Fort Smith AR, you've covered the entirety of Oklahoma except for 5 counties (3 in the panhandle, and the most Northeastern/Southeastern Counties)

Meanwhile if you're trying to cover every Louisiana market, it would be Shreveport, Monroe, Alexandria, Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans.

So if you want to run a show from the 181st TV market (out of 210), Alexandria is for you. Check out the seating maps for the Rapides Parish Coliseum.

map-3.jpg

ECW once ran the Uptown Theater in Kansas City if you want your pro wrestling to take place in the "End Stage" concert seating plan.

• Like 2

HHH is probably the best opponent for Henry Godwinn as a singles, unless there's some WCW feud that I'm forgetting for the latter. 

31 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Gotta be a lowercard person with few if any well-regarded highlights.

If such a person exists... maybe Maven? 

Shelton Benjamin? Unless the Jeff Hardy and Shinsuke Nakamura matches are better than I remember. Maybe Minoru Suzuki.

1 hour ago, Phil Schneider said:

So who is Foley's best opponent? I would lean Vader, those matches were harrowing

I’m tempted to say Austin, but Sting is up there too.

27 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

I checked Cagematch, and they listed 2 events in Stillwater, OK. One in 1993, and Extreme Midget Wrestling at the Payne County Fairgrounds in June 2020.

In a pandemic no less, serving an underserved market.

So it really wasn't on the radar for any sort of events during Mid-South either. The Oklahoma City market is pretty geographically huge. So if you run shows in OKC, Tulsa, Ada OK, Lawton OK, and Fort Smith AR, you've covered the entirety of Oklahoma except for 5 counties (3 in the panhandle, and the most Northeastern/Southeastern Counties)

Meanwhile if you're trying to cover every Louisiana market, it would be Shreveport, Monroe, Alexandria, Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans.

So if you want to run a show from the 181st TV market (out of 210), Alexandria is for you. Check out the seating maps for the Rapides Parish Coliseum.

map-3.jpg

ECW once ran the Uptown Theater in Kansas City if you want your pro wrestling to take place in the "End Stage" concert seating plan.

Since I live in Northwest Arkansas, I am about an hour and a half away from Fort Smith. However, the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville (25 minutes away) has some venues people could run. The Bud Walton Arena is way too big, but the old basketball/current volleyball arena Barnhill Arena is right in AEW's wheelhouse.

• Like 1