DVDVR Message Board

May 2022 WRESTLING PICS AND GIFS

25 minutes ago, Matt D said:

One more.

Orton Jr. and Roop finishing a poor guy. The double team isn't as interesting but I like how matter-of-fact it is, but Orton's pile driver is pretty choice.

r2NmyB.gif

The guy flopping like a dead fish on the sell really makes it.

• Like 4

On 5/20/2022 at 4:28 PM, DEAN said:

Awesome!

I love that everyone was in position to catch him, and Eddy who wasn't in perfect position made sure that he got there.  Tell me that you're a pro without telling me that you're a pro.

• Like 3

On 5/16/2022 at 1:02 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

Random jabroni who thought it was best to fuck with Haku.   Surprised that he lived to tell/type the tale.

FS1AFKHXsAQEQU3?format=jpg&name=large

At least he wasn't biting noses off that day!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Thanks to @KinchStalkerfor giving us a heads up that there's a new Jive Tones vs Kabuki/Tenta match.

lRVp9l.gif

pZ6zm1.gif

Checking the dates, he was in the WWF less than three weeks later (working dark matches as "Earthquake Evans") and was still protected quite a bit in Japan, losing only in tags or singles to tippy top guys like Hansen, Spivey, Yatsu etc. Makes me wonder how much notice he gave AJPW before jumping... and what things might have been like for him if he'd stayed put.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Checking the dates, he was in the WWF less than three weeks later (working dark matches as "Earthquake Evans") and was still protected quite a bit in Japan, losing only in tags or singles to tippy top guys like Hansen, Spivey, Yatsu etc. Makes me wonder how much notice he gave AJPW before jumping... and what things might have been like for him if he'd stayed put.

They just talked about this on BTS a few weeks ago on the April 18-25 1989 show they did, so it was right around then that he gave notice. Honestly, he was completely underutilized in 89. They were building to the big Baba vs Abby match around this time and they could have done a big, drawing Baba vs Tenta match along those lines easily.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, The Natural said:

FThjf7sXoAI4Jqx?format=jpg&name=small

I got to see a Lesnar v Orton dark match a couple of months before they debuted and it was the most obvious "yeah, these guys are going to be stars" situation.

The other dark match was Ron Waterman vs Rico which was, uhhhhh, not as good.

• Like 2