DVDVR Message Board

May 2022 WRESTLING PICS AND GIFS

10 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

For those who enjoy audio books, I also highly recommend that version as he got a lot of the cast and crew to narrate their own relevant chapters.

That's pretty cool. Might check that out.

I enjoy audio books. Even though they've ruined me for Braille.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Rick Rude is the wrestler death that, outside of Eddy, makes me the saddest because could you imagine how goddamn good he would have been still stooging around in his 50s and 60s?  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Rude was a genius because he understood the brilliant simplicity of making people mad at him and then delighting them by  bugging his eyes out and walking funny after receiving groin or tailbone trauma. It’ll always play. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Rick Rude is the wrestler death that, outside of Eddy, makes me the saddest because could you imagine how goddamn good he would have been still stooging around in his 50s and 60s?  

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

Rude was a genius because he understood the brilliant simplicity of making people mad at him and then delighting them by  bugging his eyes out and walking funny after receiving groin or tailbone trauma. It’ll always play. 

This. To go with:

I'll never tire of these.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

I wish I could remember the guy's name (I wanna say Jeff Katz) but he did some WCW internet audio shows with Rude. He said they were doing one show that was boring as hell so Rude decided to mess with the crowd. Rude was like, "watch this. I'm gonna piss off that entire section without saying a word." Their broadcast position was kind of on an elevated crows nest thing so Rude stood up and just made eye contact with this one woman who was there with her b/f. He just held eye contact with her and smirked at her and her b/f. He did this for like 5 minutes and the boyfriend is cussing at him and then people around noticed what was going on and started looking. He just kept on smirking and looking and the whole section started yelling at him. Then he just sat down and continued doing play by play while that whole section was screaming at him.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

negative engagement and catharsis with all the fat boiled away, the core element of pro wrestling.

[and social media. man, Rick Rude would've owned at Twitter, too, if he'd wanted to.]

• Like 6

FTOIFYdUsAASv-h?format=jpg&name=900x900

Jack Cartwheel, in "surprisingly not photoshopped" leapfrog shocker.

nb: He did jump off the top rope rather than from the mat, but still.

7 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

For those who enjoy audio books, I also highly recommend that version as he got a lot of the cast and crew to narrate their own relevant chapters.

Please tell me he does his Andre impersonation in this!

• Like 1