DVDVR Message Board

May 2022 WRESTLING PICS AND GIFS

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I LOVE this Andre promo:

He actually did pull out the "I'm here for your souls!" line in a promo in 1988 or so. I wish I could remember when he did it but he definitely dropped that line post-Princess Bride.

And was that Widowmaker era Barry Windham? He left the WWF in Sept/Oct 89 and didn't show up in WCW until May 90 as he was dealing with the fallout from Blackjack and Kendall's arrest. Interesting to see that he went to Japan in that time period!

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, cwoy2j said:

He actually did pull out the "I'm here for your souls!" line in a promo in 1988 or so. I wish I could remember when he did it but he definitely dropped that line post-Princess Bride.

I'm like 99% sure Andre broke the line out at Survivor Series 1987 but someone else will have to confirm.

2 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

And was that Widowmaker era Barry Windham? He left the WWF in Sept/Oct 89 and didn't show up in WCW until May 90 as he was dealing with the fallout from Blackjack and Kendall's arrest. Interesting to see that he went to Japan in that time period!

Barry did a tour and Budokan Hall show in early 1990 prior to going back to WCW in April/May 1990.

I want to say that there was a decent BW / Taue match out there...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, notoriusvig said:

I want that Packard poster. That's my neck of the woods. I remember ECW running there back in 99 and 00 when I was in high school. Sweet poster.

Me, too, my 18-year-old self was in heaven. Some indy shows there as well in the mid-1990s—first time I met Foley was at one of those shows. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zendragon said:

Just want to say that Cary Elwes book "As you wish" about the making of the Princess Bride is really worth reading especially for the Andre stories

For those who enjoy audio books, I also highly recommend that version as he got a lot of the cast and crew to narrate their own relevant chapters.

• Like 2