DVDVR Message Board

2022 NHL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I know he had 1100 points but did anybody, during his career, ever REALLY think Alfredsson was a Hall of Famer? C'mon. 

I don't have an issue with a borderline guy getting in who happens to be the face of an entire franchise the way he is for the Sens as I feel that counts for something. I have a real issue with one of the most significant players in hockey history who was Peak Ovie 15 years before Ovie (Go look up the footage of Mogilny from back then for a real treat) not getting in again.

17 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I know he had 1100 points but did anybody, during his career, ever REALLY think Alfredsson was a Hall of Famer? C'mon. 

I'd put him in for this alone.

38 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I don't have an issue with a borderline guy getting in who happens to be the face of an entire franchise the way he is for the Sens as I feel that counts for something. I have a real issue with one of the most significant players in hockey history who was Peak Ovie 15 years before Ovie (Go look up the footage of Mogilny from back then for a real treat) not getting in again.

Mogilny was a very good player who sometimes had great years, like that amazing 76-goal season. He deserves to be in. But he's not even close to Ovechkin's level. 

24 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Mogilny was a very good player who sometimes had great years, like that amazing 76-goal season. He deserves to be in. But he's not even close to Ovechkin's level. 

He absolutely was before the injuries. I remember my dad who was a Rangers fan telling me Mogilny was the one player he felt was literally worth the price of admission to see alone. Honestly if Patty's # is retired (and the fact that it is quite defensible IMO) than Mogilny's should be as well. In fact we should do it if for no other reason than to shame the committee into inducting him in 2023.

Players don't get judged by what ifs. He had the 76 goals before the - second - broken leg but scoring was way up across the board that year. No way to know what would have happened. At the end of the day, his output isn't even close to a guy that's led the league in goals 9 times or whatever it is. No shame in that - like I said, he should be in the Hall. 

Edited by Tabe

Just now, Tabe said:

Players don't get judged by what ifs. He had the 76 goals before the - second - broken leg but scoring was way up across the board that year. No way to know what would have happened. At the end of the day, his output isn't even close to a guy that's led the league in goals 9 times or whatever it is. 

By "Peak Ovie" I refer to Ovie's first 4-5 years in the league when he was essentially a human highlight reel and you couldn't keep your eyes off him. That was Mogilny as a Sabre. 

• Like 1

The Minnesota Wild traded restricted free agent forward Kevin Fiala to the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for the Kings' 2022 first-round pick and University of Minnesota defenseman Brock Faber on Wednesday.

Fiala, 25, had 33 goals and 52 assists for the Wild in 82 games last season, posting a career-best average of 3.5 points per 60 minutes. The Swiss-born winger is entering his ninth NHL season, having spent four years with the Wild and five with the Nashville Predators. For his career, Fiala has 124 goals and 159 assists in 419 games.

The Wild sought to move Fiala because of a salary-cap crunch. They previously bought out the contracts of forward Zach Parise and defenseman Ryan Suter last summer. They had just over $4.7 million in dead cap space last season due to those buyouts; that dead cap space increases to over $12.7 million this season and then $14.7 million through 2025.

Fiala was an arbitration-eligible restricted free agent. He will sign a contract extension with Los Angeles, sources told ESPN, and it is expected to be in the area of seven years with a $7.9 million average annual value against the salary cap. He made $5.1 million against the cap last season on a one-year contract with Minnesota.

The Kings' selection in the first round is the 19th overall pick. The Wild also pick 24th overall.

Faber, 19, is a highly regarded defensive prospect who completed his sophomore season with the University of Minnesota. Faber also played four games in the 2022 Beijing Olympics with the U.S. men's national hockey team. Faber was drafted by the Kings in second round (45th overall) of the 2020 NHL draft.

On 6/29/2022 at 9:38 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Anthony Duclair apparently blew out his Achilles during off-season training.  

No timeline on recovery but it is supposed to be "lengthy." 

200.gif

? 

Duclair has undergone successful surgery and should be back by the All Star Break.

Phew

• Like 1

The Tampa Bay Lightning traded veteran defenseman Ryan McDonagh to the Nashville Predators on Sunday to clear space under the NHL salary cap.

The Predators sent defenseman Philippe Myers and forward Grant Mismash to the Lightning for the 33-year-old McDonagh, who waived his no-trade clause to make the deal happen. McDonagh has four more seasons on his contract with a $6.75 million average annual value.

Schedule is out

Season will open with Lightning at Rangers and LA vs Vegas

Colorado is not opening the season because their home arena was booked for a concert on Oct 11, so they will start on Oct 12

Okay technically the season is opening with 2 international games

Nashville and San Jose will play two games in Prague Oct 7 and Oct 8

Columbus and Colorado will play two games in Finland on Nov 4 and Nov 5

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Schedule is out

Season will open with Lightning at Rangers and LA vs Vegas

Colorado is not opening the season because their home arena was booked for a concert on Oct 11, so they will start on Oct 12

Okay technically the season is opening with 2 international games

Nashville and San Jose will play two games in Prague Oct 7 and Oct 8

Columbus and Colorado will play two games in Finland on Nov 4 and Nov 5

Isles-Rangers, Oilers-Flames and Sabres-Leafs only play each other 3 times because the NHL is run by morons.

On 7/6/2022 at 10:05 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Member titles are back.  Just saying.  ?

Anytime you can acquire a former captain that fosters such a healthy and welcoming dressing room environment and is absolutely still able to play at 5v5, trust me no problems there, you got to hope your team does it

The Detroit Red Wings have acquired St. Louis Blues goalie Ville Husso, who was a pending unrestricted free agent.

Detroit sent a third-round pick, the 73rd overall pick in the 2022 NHL draft, to the Blues for Husso.

Husso has agreed to a three-year contract with Detroit worth $4.75 million against the salary cap, per multiple reports.