DVDVR Message Board

2022 NHL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Former Governor of Tennessee Bill Haslam (brother of Browns owner Jimmy) will "gradually" be owner of the Predators

According to an NHL source, Haslam is not taking over the team anytime soon. Instead, he will gradually purchase shares from Fritch over the next three years to become the group's lead owner. There are no current plans for minority owners to sell shares to Haslam.

Herbert Fritch is the current majority owner of the Preds. There are at least 17 other minority owners.

On 5/22/2022 at 5:29 PM, RIPPA said:

Expect Rick Tocchet to be the next Stars coach as reportedly, Dallas was gonna fire Bowness at the All Star Break and hire Tocchet but the deal fell through

This turned out to be a lie as Dallas is hiring Peter DeBoer

Seider wins Calder as ROY and Matthews wins Hart as MVP. Makar wins Norris. Right call on all three, I think. Seider was Detroit's best defenseman before his first game was even over. 

10 hours ago, Tabe said:

This man is 24. 24. That is a remarkably recessed hairline for a dude who's 24.

Tell me he has no gay friends, without telling me he has no gay friends. 

JFC Auston, you're a public figure, know your god damned angles.  Otherwise you look like ... well, that.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, elizium said:

Interesting voting for the Norris, as Josi had more first place votes. But he was left off one ballot entirely and got 20 less 2nd place votes 

I think Makar was the right choice but no way should Josi have been left off entirely. That's indefensible. 

Looking at the voting, Scott Powers of the Athletic went Makar, McAvoy, Toews, Ekblad, Hedman. It wouldn't really have affected the race in the end, as Makar won by 25 points and they're allotted as 10-7-5-3-1

I like Paul, but he definitely has a shelf life as a coach and tends to rely too heavily on vets at the expense of developing young players. Prepare for your 4th line to be a bunch of mid30s retreads. With their talent, they should still have a good few years

44 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Not a surprise, but Brunette is apparently out as Panthers HC.   They're in the process of hiring.... (no wait that can't be right)...

Paul Maurice.

Ugh.

A Sabres beat writer once put it best: "Apparently there are only 40 or so people in the entire world who are qualified to be an NHL head coach".

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Tell me he has no gay friends, without telling me he has no gay friends. 

JFC Auston, you're a public figure, know your god damned angles.  Otherwise you look like ... well, that.

No shame in him losing his hair, in fact I hope he leans into and let’s it grow into a sleazy skullet to pair with his moustache, but that lighting is doing him no favours. They lit him like he’s about to tell a spooky story at a sleepover 

If you miss the old school days of NHL hatred among rivals, the new E60 features that 25th anniversary (or close to that) of the night Darren McCarty got his revenge on Claude Lemieux for his brutal hit last year against Kris Draper.  Mostly remembered for the legendary Mike Vernon vs Patrick Roy goalie fight  in the middle of the ice when Claude is getting the shit beat out of him.   Really showed the impending doom as tension was so thick  that Detroit writers were doing WANTED posters to hype it.  Meanwhile McCarty and Lemieux are watching the game in Detroit talking about the incident.  

after watching this, I totally believe that Darren McCarty is involved in ICW promotion and planning on doing a death match against Atticus Cogar.   

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

If you miss the old school days of NHL hatred among rivals, the new E60 features that 25th anniversary (or close to that) of the night Darren McCarty got his revenge on Claude Lemieux for his brutal hit last year against Kris Draper.  Mostly remembered for the legendary Mike Vernon vs Patrick Roy goalie fight  in the middle of the ice when Claude is getting the shit beat out of him.   Really showed the impending doom as tension was so thick  that Detroit writers were doing WANTED posters to hype it.  Meanwhile McCarty and Lemieux are watching the game in Detroit talking about the incident.  

after watching this, I totally believe that Darren McCarty is involved in ICW promotion and planning on doing a death match against Atticus Cogar.   

I'm highly irritated that I missed this and have to wait a day for a rerun. 

I love that one game and that rivalry. That game was so violent and still full of outstanding hockey. Loaded rosters on both sides and tons of hatred. I love it! 

23 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Also Alfredsson, the Sedins, Hetb Carnegie and Rikka Sallinen. 

I know he had 1100 points but did anybody, during his career, ever REALLY think Alfredsson was a Hall of Famer? C'mon. 

ESPN E:60 has a new 2-hr episode covering the Colorado/Detroit rivalry called "Unrivaled". It's outstanding. All the key guys from Colorado are interviewed and most of the key Detroit guys are. As expected, most of the focus is on the dirty hit by Claude Lemieux on Kris Draper but there's plenty of other good stuff too. Overall, it's really well done but it goes light on everything post-98. Still, highly entertaining.