DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 4/29/2022

Dolfan in NYC

21 hours ago, JLowe said:

Well, that was just a fantastic hour of television.

It really was.

Started out hot with the high-speed high-risk tournament match. Finished up with punishing stiffness. It felt like there were more interviews and vignettes than usual, with a whole segment devoted to Hookhausen angle advancement, but none of the four matches felt rushed or short-changed. Things seemed to have a bit more room to breathe than usual. All four matches (and the Hookhausen deal) were entertaining in different ways.

Crowd reacted well to everything, too, which always helps with my enjoyment.

I hope the decision-makers at AEW are as happy with that show as I am. Rampage is always an entertaining hour that just breezes by, but the format today, with slightly more space around the matches, felt pretty close to ideal. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, blitzkrieg said:

I continue to try to give AEW a chance and I will say that I at the very least enjoyed everything starting with the pre-main event interview. 

Well thank you SO much for trying! "A" for effort!

• Haha 6

The finishing move for Hookhausen needs to be Danhausen cursing their opponent and Hook instantly putting the guy in the submission hold and making him tap.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Show was good, I didn’t LOVE any of the matches but they were all solid.

My favourite segment of the show was deffo Hookhausen, the crowd is dying to see it and it’s definitely happening. They played up the part where Hook came in behind Danhausen so he thought his powers worked perfectly. Love it, kinda cute.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 3

When there's SO much good wrestling, the little things that happen on AEW television really pop. I legit cackled when Bowens offered the scissor to Dasha backstage, and I'm here for every one of Schiavone's reactions to being interrupted. Also dat mullet on Tony, six million stars. 

• Like 4

Did they not air the obnoxious chanting from one section of the crowd throughout almost all of Rampage? It was really bad and took a ton away from Darby/Strickland. 

My favorite match of the whole show live was Keith Lee vs. whatever Gunn he was facing. The Ass Boys are a fantastic act. Old-school obnoxious brat heels at their finest. 

Max Castor worked a match for Dark and man The Acclaimed are so over. They need a big run.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

Max Castor worked a match for Dark and man The Acclaimed are so over. They need a big run.

They absolutely have that early Cena/New Day "heels who should turn face" energy. Honestly I would LOVE it if The Acclaimed took the belts off if JB/Luchasaurus. Either that or have a heel team as the next champs and put Bowens/Castor over them for the full turn. 

• Like 2

Have said since they first appeared: Acclaimed have the highest of ceilings. It’s good to see wider community catch on over past 6 months, esp since Caster return from ignominy. You have them champs in the NAO “tweener” role. You certainly do not make them soft faces.

Danhausen/Hook stuff great. Carny but whimsically genuinely amusing. What’s not to love.

Edited by A_K
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

My favorite match of the whole show live was Keith Lee vs. whatever Gunn he was facing. The Ass Boys are a fantastic act. Old-school obnoxious brat heels at their finest. 

Austin wasn't even in the match and he was still a bumping, stooging goofball. Untouchable.

• Like 3

Anthony Bowens is injured at the moment. That’s why Caster is doing singles matches. But apparently it’s not a bad one, so he’s expected back quickly.

• Like 2