DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 4/29/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Sorry I'm late.  My youngest son was covering a shift for my youngest daughter at a trendy restaurant in Richmond and I had to go pick him up.  Then I had to bull through the last half hour of Smackdown.  BUT ENOUGH OF THAT!  ON TO THE GOOD WRESTLING!  Darby Allin and Shane Strickland are fun in that Allin works Strickland's strange style.  This match goes crazy when it hits the floor.  THEN A CRAZY FUCKING TOPE WITH A KNEE BY SWERVE!  JEEZUS.  They opt for crazy matwork through the commercial to the return,  Nice Brainbuster by Swerve.  Swerve sells the knee like a champ.  Allin leans into Swerve's finisher and FINALLY makes it look good for TWO!  And THEN Allin takes the craziest bump THIS WEEK being suplexed to the floor.  Slight fuckery to protect Swerve as he gets rolled up for the pin.  Man, that was good stuff right there.  Oh my God!  They are showboating their... WHAT AN ENTRANCE!  Allright!  We have a female Blackpool Combat Club!  Evil Red Velvet and Evil Kiera Hogan ARE WAAAAAY BETTER EVIL.  That was fun, even though I wish Trish Adora had gotten anything in.   Colten Gunn looked good in would prolly should have been a squash versus Keith Lee,  Instead, Lee OPTS to tell a story.  The story is that Lee has overpowering offense but Colten has his brother, Austin, who pretty much steals the match by being so expressive and being Jim Cornette on the outside.  Austin Gunn is so fucking awesome.  Keith Lee is also fucking awesome.  God, Keith Lee's finisher is as cool as Powerhouse Hobb's Spinebuster.  AUSTIN GUNN!  Hook vs Tony Nese will be good.  Hook reveals to the world that once again Mark Sterling is a trained professional wrestler, because he took that throw like a KING.  Austin Gunn on THE STICK!  GO TALK TO DADDY!  Samoa Joe fucking beats the crap out of Trent.  Trent fights back and you remember that Trent is secretly great.  I notice that Samoa Joe wrestles like Keith Lee now, which is good.  Set up your high impact spots.  JESUS CHRIST, WHAT A LARIAT.  JESUS, WHAT A URANAGI!  Jesus Christ, that was hell on earth.  Oh yeah,  Jay Lethal vs Samoa Joe will be good.  Jesus Christ,  Samoa Joe is at a different level of STIFF.  AEW RULES THE FUCKING WORLD.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Jay Lethal does little for me but I really liked Jay Lethal vs. Samoa Joe for Lethal's ROH Pure Championship from ROH Manhattan Mayhem 2005. One of the best ROH shows ever.

Manhattan Mayhem was awesome. I loved the world title match between Austin Aries and Alex Shelley. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DEAN said:

Maaaan, this is fucking Hansen level.

Trent has almost perfect timing on taking moves, makes them look extra large. He really is sneaky great.

• Like 5