DVDVR Message Board

WHO SHOULD AEW STEAL FROM IMPACT!?

DEAN

Whom should AEW steal from IMPACT!?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Whom should AEW steal from IMPACT!?

• DEONNA PURRAZZO
    • W MORRISEY
    • JOSH ALEXANDER
    • JONAH
    • LATE ADDITION! MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS!

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

I guess it was Rick's handlebar moustache that helped to pull that headgear look off. A bald head without facial hair doesn't exactly lend itself to a varsity style headgear. Too bad for the Walking Weapon.

Josh Alexander can wear whatever he wants on his head.  He is completely balls out.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Have to do a write-in for Jordynne Grace. 

I will add her to next week's supplemental AEW STEALS FROM IMPACT! poll.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't wanna see anyone leave Impact, but my vote goes to Deonna since she's at least done almost everything in Impact (2x champ with an 11 month reign, 2020 wrestler of the year, won the ROH title on Impact, etc) and has the most seamless transition in to AEW with her coming in this week for the ROH title defense. I'd like to see her continue her reign on regular if/when ROH is running again. She's one of my absolute top favorite wrestlers anywhere so I'd love to see her on the best possible platform to shine, but I'm also cool with her ruling Impact for however long she wants too. 

Josh would be good and I'm down for a The North reunion for sure, but feels like Impact needs him more at the moment.  Morrissey has had a a great run since coming over to Impact and is just starting to break out it feels like. I think Jonah is going to do more NJPW soon. The Machine Guns would be a great get but I'm loving their Impact run so I'd have that continue a little bit longer and again it feels like Impact could use them the most right now, though the potential matches for them to have in AEW are epic. 

Jake Something has a lot of potential to be a great get as well. Another guy who I felt was just breaking out to a next level when he left (excellent match with Trey Miguel on the way out).

• Like 2

I haven't seen much of Deonna but know of the choices she'd be by far the best bet.  I heard Morrisey's a lot better and Jonah is awesome but there's also been enough big men joining for now.  Alexander is a close second choice if they did the Scorpio face turn and Page got Josh to team against Scorp/Kaz.  Which is something I didn't know I wanted until typing that out just now.  Despite that Deonna's the safe bet as while the women's division is great she can help take them to new heights.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I haven't seen much of Deonna but know of the choices she'd be by far the best bet.  I heard Morrisey's a lot better and Jonah is awesome but there's also been enough big men joining for now.  Alexander is a close second choice if they did the Scorpio face turn and Page got Josh to team against Scorp/Kaz.  Which is something I didn't know I wanted until typing that out just now.  Despite that Deonna's the safe bet as while the women's division is great she can help take them to new heights.

I voted for Deonna but I don’t believe there can ever be enough big men in wrestling, they are a big part of the novelty of pro wrestling, imo.

13 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I've seen a little bit of Morrissey in Impact and he's vastly improved from his WWE run. He's also leaned up and looks "ripped chiseled and jakked".

If he ends up in AEW I think we wpuld sooner or later see nZo pop up.

That's another reason I would say no to Morrissey for AEW.  He sounds like he's in a much better place and I wish him well.  But if it means a chance of nZo then I'd rather they didn't bring either in.

• Like 1

According to cagematch Morrissey has done just 1 match with Enzo since his release in 2019. Why does everyone automatically assume the 2 are still joined at the hip?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

According to cagematch Morrissey has done just 1 match with Enzo since his release in 2019. Why does everyone automatically assume the 2 are still joined at the hip?

Well you see them team up a bit in their social media

I want Eric Young to come in as a comedy heel, get kicked out of his heel group for loosing, turn comedy face, do Don't Fire Eric, become main event face, turn evil heel and say that it was the plan from the start.

• Like 1