Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

WHO SHOULD AEW STEAL FROM IMPACT!?


DEAN
 Share

Whom should AEW steal from IMPACT!?  

48 members have voted

  1. 1. Whom should AEW steal from IMPACT!?

    • DEONNA PURRAZZO
      18
    • W MORRISEY
      2
    • JOSH ALEXANDER
      11
    • JONAH
      5
    • LATE ADDITION! MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS!
      12


Recommended Posts

I would say Jonah, but Josh Alexander would be totally fucking awesome too.  And so would Deonna Purrazzo.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • DEAN pinned this topic

No one other than  bringing in people for a one shot (MJF throwing Jonah at Wardlow would be fun). AEW is trying to over stuff their shows as it is. If TK wants to sign someone else he should have a rock solid plan for them

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Deonna Purrazzo is number 1.  JONAH is totally number 2, but I'm happy to wait it out as he continues on his fantastic streak of matches (which seems slept upon considering it's happening on Impact).  I'd also like to see JONAH work NJPW before inevitably signing with AEW.  There is so much potential thieving from Impact's fantastic roster.  Chris Bey's gonna be ready for the spotlight whenever his contract ends.  Black Taurus is excellent.  Steve Maclin's gonna have some looks when his contract is done.  Mike Bailey is gonna be a nice addition in a year or whenever.  Obviously Alexander will be a nice pull whenever that happens, but he's locked in for a little while.  I had never seen Chelsea Green prior to Impact, but I'm guessing she wasn't this much fun in WWE.  She's gonna be a great addition to AEW in the future.  Cardona has also been fun, but I suspect he's a better fit for WWE.  Shit, Tom Hannifan might be the most valuable player of them all.  Impact currently has my favorite commentary team. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, zendragon said:

The counter question is who would you pull off AEW to make room. (I'm no fan of Adam Cole and The Bucks but won't deny how over they are)

And this is really why I don't want to vote for anyone I like. Especially not a woman. I may end up seeing them work less. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I voted for W. Morrisey/Caz. I still think there is potential with him with or without nZo. I would have voted for Deonna, but she'd be on Dark within a couple of weeks of showing up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Poll is flawed. Steal the Machine Guns, put them in Ring of Honor. 

Lemme add them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Deonna Purrazzo is number 1.  JONAH is totally number 2, but I'm happy to wait it out as he continues on his fantastic streak of matches (which seems slept upon considering it's happening on Impact).  I'd also like to see JONAH work NJPW before inevitably signing with AEW.  There is so much potential thieving from Impact's fantastic roster.  Chris Bey's gonna be ready for the spotlight whenever his contract ends.  Black Taurus is excellent.  Steve Maclin's gonna have some looks when his contract is done.  Mike Bailey is gonna be a nice addition in a year or whenever.  Obviously Alexander will be a nice pull whenever that happens, but he's locked in for a little while.  I had never seen Chelsea Green prior to Impact, but I'm guessing she wasn't this much fun in WWE.  She's gonna be a great addition to AEW in the future.  Cardona has also been fun, but I suspect he's a better fit for WWE.  Shit, Tom Hannifan might be the most valuable player of them all.  Impact currently has my favorite commentary team. 

I'll do a SUPPLEMENTAL IMPACT! poll next Thursday.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I approve of Dean's weirdo version of March Madness but he really needs to start showing who is voting for what

I... I... I don't know how to do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I... I... I don't know how to do that.

When creating the poll - right under "poll title" and above the poll choices you will see two different boxes you can check.

Select "Make voter names public"

Then we can see everyone's shame (I don't think you can go back and edit to add this. It needs to be done in the creation phase)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

When creating the poll - right under "poll title" and above the poll choices you will see two different boxes you can check.

Select "Make voter names public"

Then we can see everyone's shame (I don't think you can go back and edit to add this. It needs to be done in the creation phase)

AWESOME!  THE SHAMING STARTS NEXT WEEK! SHAME~!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're not likely getting Deonna without Maclin at this stage.

 

But my vote would be "No one".  Do something with the majority of the 140 guys that only ever get 8 minutes on Dark once a month that you already have under contract instead of bringing in new toys every 3 weeks to work a program then do nothing but work Dark a month later.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

You're not likely getting Deonna without Maclin at this stage.

 

But my vote would be "No one".  Do something with the majority of the 140 guys that only ever get 8 minutes on Dark once a month that you already have under contract instead of bringing in new toys every 3 weeks to work a program then do nothing but work Dark a month later.

Oh, just vote!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did, no one.  No one listed there would add anything to the product and would be "just another guy/gal" working Dark in 5 weeks.  And until Tony can book a women's program outside of Serena and Britt, there's no reason for Deonna to jump.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only ones I even know are MCMG but I voted Deonna just because most people (not I) seem to think the AEW women’s division sucks and needs better people.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I did, no one.  No one listed there would add anything to the product and would be "just another guy/gal" working Dark in 5 weeks.  And until Tony can book a women's program outside of Serena and Britt, there's no reason for Deonna to jump.

Counterpoint: Dark/Elevation gets watched every week by how many folks? 300,000? Impact is doing between 100,000 and 150,000 viewers a week. At this point, mediocre booking or not, I would rather take my chance wrestling every 3-5 weeks in front of almost a million people on Dynamite as opposed to 1/10 of that every other week. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Raziel said:

You're not likely getting Deonna without Maclin at this stage.

I'll have them both.  

Quote

But my vote would be "No one".  Do something with the majority of the 140 guys that only ever get 8 minutes on Dark once a month that you already have under contract instead of bringing in new toys every 3 weeks to work a program then do nothing but work Dark a month later.

Curious who you think is being wasted on Dark?  The Dark Order?  The Private Party?  Brock/Lee?  The Blondes?  The majority of the Women's roster who badly need the reps - many of whom aren't exactly ready for regular feature in prime time.  Here's a link to the AEW roster for reference.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...