DVDVR Message Board

Double or Nothing IV - 5/29/2022

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Just remembered Tony's going to have a post-show media availability. The real main event. 

Hahaha I cannot fucking wait. He's been snappy before at people asking him very innocuous questions before. Although, who is going to ask difficult questions? 

• Like 1

If he doesn’t show up who would a replacement the crowd wouldn’t shit on? The name that popped into my mind but he’s signed to MLW is Jacob Fatu. Ten minute house fight with Wardlow going over would be bonkers. 

So no one else thinks MJF bailing on the fan fest, ignoring all calls etc is just him in character, realizing he's going to get murdered by Wardlow? So he's seriously thinking about cutting his losses and running out of town, even if it means disappointing all of those fans who paid to meet someone who openly despises them. Hell, they paid up front and his contract says no refunds will be issued. He booked the flight out of town, only to change his mind and stay put because he has to man up and take his lumps... but for now he needs to be away from the world at large and put his head straight.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Hahaha I cannot fucking wait. He's been snappy before at people asking him very innocuous questions before. Although, who is going to ask difficult questions? 

Yeah, it’ll be hilarious to watch him be uncomfortable, right? Tony dodges more than he snaps. Also, as you acknowledge, judging from the previous post scrums it doesn’t feel like there will be a whole lot of biting questions. He’ll address the situation and say something like ‘I don’t want to speak anymore to it’. For those who revel in Tony failings the main event will still be tweeter analysis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Web Conn said:

If he doesn’t show up who would a replacement the crowd wouldn’t shit on? The name that popped into my mind but he’s signed to MLW is Jacob Fatu. Ten minute house fight with Wardlow going over would be bonkers. 

If you had a match where one of the guys no-showed and the replacement didn't get shit on, then how good was the original match? (and note the difference between a no-show and something less avoidable, like an injury or Covid or something)

It feels a little naive to think that they could deal with a no-show tonight and come out better on the short term. Long term? hey, it's possible. But if you're paying money and this is one of the big matches, then you're gonna be disappointed unless you're just so in the tank that Tony could crap in your bags and you'd like it.

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

If you had a match where one of the guys no-showed and the replacement didn't get shit on, then how good was the original match? (and note the difference between a no-show and something less avoidable, like an injury or Covid or something)

It feels a little naive to think that they could deal with a no-show tonight and come out better on the short term. Long term? hey, it's possible. But if you're paying money and this is one of the big matches, then you're gonna be disappointed unless you're just so in the tank that Tony could crap in your bags and you'd like it.

No Wardlow vs MIF would be a disappointment at Rampage I was sitting next to a guy from Germany who told me that MJF Vs Wardlow was his main event. I don’t know if he flew all the way to Germany just for that match but he flew all the way from Germany looking forward to the match. I was just thinking about how if they had to do a replacement who they could get that would atleast not flatten the audiences enthusiasm. 

Maybe the lights go off and come back on and 1995 Sabu has travel through time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

So no one else thinks MJF bailing on the fan fest, ignoring all calls etc is just him in character, realizing he's going to get murdered by Wardlow? So he's seriously thinking about cutting his losses and running out of town, even if it means disappointing all of those fans who paid to meet someone who openly despises them. Hell, they paid up front and his contract says no refunds will be issued. He booked the flight out of town, only to change his mind and stay put because he has to man up and take his lumps... but for now he needs to be away from the world at large and put his head straight.

Yeah, I edited in something to the similar affect onto a reply on the AEW general thread before it got temporarily shut down. Not showing up is the smartest strategy MJF has left at this point!

2 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

No Wardlow vs MIF would be a disappointment at Rampage I was sitting next to a guy from Germany who told me that MJF Vs Wardlow was his main event. I don’t know if he flew all the way to Germany just for that match but he flew all the way from Germany looking forward to the match. I was just thinking about how if they had to do a replacement who they could get that would atleast not flatten the audiences enthusiasm. 

Maybe the lights go off and come back on and 1995 Sabu has travel through time.

maybe Tony can channel 1995 Paul E in regards to Sabu. Just move the Discovery Execs into another room before doing a "Fuck MJF" promo.

I mean, while we're doing bad ideas from End Times WCW, just have MJF lay down and then reveal that the contract had language giving MJF a title match as compensation for losing Wardlow or something stupid like that.

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

Is he though? I find him lacking in the ring to be The Guy and in a company like AEW that matters. I just think back to his run as champ and I barely remember any of his matches. Great character, believable on the mic, one of the best promos, but I always found him to struggle to carry that believability over when the bell rang. Like those shit ass knees he throws. I don't know. He'd be my Undertaker type of guy that people love and can float in and out of the title scene, solidify the upper midcard and prep younger guys for big runs. 

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

His title run was during the pandemic so you’d have to think real hard to remember a lot of matches from that time, but his matches against Brodie, Eddie, and Darby stand out. 

Agree to disagree on his abilities, but in my opinion, Moxley is their top guy and he can go. Once Moxley is done with this BCC stuff, everyone is going to have their forgot about Dre moment.

THAT MOMENT IS NOW

MOX:

Y'all know me, still the same Moxy.

No, I’m not Low-Ki

Hated on by most these posters named Jiji

I’m no academic, my reign in the pandemic 

No crowds and I get no credit

For shows I was the showstopper, and matches I carried.

Mad at me 'cause fireworks didn’t go off and I get buried.

Got a wife named Rene with her own podcast

When I got poked in the eye I had a eyepatch

Oh yeah, I also got a half Canadian baby

Did y'all think I'ma let my cred freeze?

Poster please

You better bow down on both knees

Who you think taught you how to leave the WWE?

Who you think was the first shocking debut on the marquee?

In CZ DUB, GC DUB, and my resume isn’t even funny

In the SHIELD and B double C.

Broke out the asylum and said, "Motherfuck the E"

Cuts across my body

To bump for Lance Archer and Omega

Paradigm Shift ain’t no game, Sega.

When there was no fans

Who's the wrestler they told you wanted to see?

Y'all better listen up closely

All you fools that said that I can’t now make the fans pop when Wild Thing drops

Y'all are the reason that Mox ain't been getting no sleep

So fuck y'all, all of y'all

If y'all don't like me, don’t mark for me

Y'all are gonna keep fucking around with me

And turn me back to the Death Match Me.

KINGSTON:

Nowadays everybody wanna type

But it’s just a bunch of talk

But nothing comes out when they move their fingers

Just worthless zingers

And posters act like they forgot about Mox

Just worthless zingers

So what do you say to a CM Punk you hate (What?)

Or anyone tryna bring backstage drama your way?

Wanna resolve things in a bloodier way? (Yup)

Just study a tape of Kobash-ayyy

One day I was walking by with my AirPods on

When I caught a guy, gave me an awkward eye (What you looking at?)

I Misawa forearmed him up in the parking lot like he was Akira Taue

I don't give a fuck if it's on AEW Dark or not

I'm harder than me tryna out strike Ishii

BTE ain’t funny.

The jokes are elaborately too inside and the productions not

I won’t tap out with two broken legs, I’ll flip you off

Fuck you too Jericho, call the Kahn

I'ma kill MJF and that BIG-ass motherfucking Warddog

And when the Kahn came through

Me and Mox stood next to a soldout house

With a title on his shoulders and a wedding ring on my finger

My wife isn’t fake (she’s real)

So from here on out, it's The Moxley title run II

Starting today and tomorrow's anew

And I'm still LAX enough to choke you to death with my friend Homicide, too

Eddie-Eddie-Eddie, Eddie Kingston, hotter then Bryan Danielson

With traded tapes of All Japan

And Memphis from the mid-80's

Calling Daddy Magic lame, sorry, Mox, but I been crazy

There's no way that you can save me

It's okay, go with him Yuta (Regal?)

Just worthless zingers

Just worthless zingers

MOX:

If it was up to me

You marks would stop coming up to me

With your phones out taking pictures of me entering

Like you want a profile pic

When my last reign was on, you was wishing I was Kenny

But know that I rule this little company

Marks like Max and Cody wanting to go to the E

But you won't get sympathy from me

'Cause I'm from the streets of Cincinnati (Ohio)

I told 'em all

All them little death match workers, who you think helped mold 'em all?

Now you wanna run around talking bout barbed wire, like I ain't got none

What you think I sold 'em all?

'Cause I quit drinkin?

Now all I get is hate posts all day sayin' Mox stinkin

What, 'cause I been in Blackpool with a gentleman villain

Tryin' to elbow fools who be sports entertainin ?

I ain't havin' that

This is the millennium of Ambrose is Back

It ain't gon' be nothin' after that

So give me one more golden belt and fuck wrestling, you can have it back

So where's all the Mad workers at?

It's like a jungle in this habitat

But all you savage cats

Know that I was using light tubes

While you were internet markin

to Hook and Danhausen 

KINGSTON:

Just worthless zingers

Just worthless zingers

And posters act like they forgot about Mox.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 minute ago, JLowe said:

JD Drake is your Greg Valentine. That’s all I have to add to all of this.

He struck me more as prime Black Bart, and I mean that as a tremendous compliment.

5 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

This whole situation only adds to me buying MJF's on-screen persona. If believability is something to be strived for, this situation is a total win for me as a viewer. Pay the terrorist, Tony. 

It's hilarious that people believe Khan & MJF are genuinely in dispute with each other, as if there were genuinely financial disputes (for example) Khan & team would ever let MJF go out and speak about that on live scripted network TV each week. Khan is absolutely all in on the MJF character: the levels by which people get worked by this guy are gorgeous. Tonight will be fun.

1 minute ago, A_K said:

It's hilarious that people believe Khan & MJF are genuinely in dispute with each other, as if there were genuinely financial disputes (for example) Khan & team would ever let MJF go out and speak about that on live scripted network TV each week. Khan is absolutely all in on the MJF character: the levels by which people get worked by this guy are gorgeous. Tonight will be fun.

So if I were to summarize what you're saying in three words or less...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, A_K said:

Kinda like how Tony Khan would never let one of the first wrestlers to join AEW go on scripted TV and talk about how he was wrestling without a contract and he may leave if it wasn't all a work. Oh wait..... 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, (BP) said:

The funny thing about predicting whether it’s a work or not is by the time we find out, no one’s going to remember or care who predicted it. 

Nope, if it is a work we will all carry @A_K on our shoulders and he’ll get Admin powers.

• Haha 8

Man my kids just want to see Wardlow fight MJF and Bryan Danielson do some shit. If I pay for this and Max no shows we're gonna be pissssssssed.

Also... for months now my kids call Wardlow  "Wardlow The Wizard." Because Wardlow sounds like some kind of great mage from Dungeons & Dragons. So if I slip and type that here - that's why.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Cesaro to interfere in the Joe/Cole match? Any thoughts on that? I was thinking Cesaro teams with Joe to help take out Lethal and co. but maybe the Up Up Down Down connection comes to AEW? Claudio in the Undisputed Elite as their bodyguard type guy? Whole lotta thoughts - just trying to think of something else besides MJF.