DVDVR Message Board

Double or Nothing IV - 5/29/2022

Dolfan in NYC

On 5/1/2022 at 4:03 PM, elizium said:

That's a good plan, but I wouldn't do it at All Out because the moment might be undercut by the fact that the entire crowd would be on his side

I think the current rumor is that All Out might be in Toronto this year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Casey said:

I think the current rumor is that All Out might be in Toronto this year.

That would be awesome! Who was it on this board who had subtle Tony-Khan-mind-control powers? Was it The Natural? Natural, see what you can do please.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tbarrie said:

That would be awesome! Who was it on this board who had subtle Tony-Khan-mind-control powers? Was it The Natural? Natural, see what you can do please.

That was me:

I requested #FTR vs. Young Bucks Ii and Minoru Suzuki vs. Samoa Joe. The latter was especially surprising less than 24 hours later. When it was casually announced on Rampage for Dynamite, I did a genuine double take. Please make All Out in Toronto. Cheers, Tony.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For what it's worth (well, 21,99e) I pre-ordered Double or Nothing 2022 on FITE just now, in order to get enough credits to buy some other PPV with those. Apparently, I couldn't get All Out 2021 yet with those, which is a bummer! So, what would be the second best option after that? I have Full Gear and Revolution 2022, obviously!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shartnado said:

For what it's worth (well, 21,99e) I pre-ordered Double or Nothing 2022 on FITE just now, in order to get enough credits to buy some other PPV with those. Apparently, I couldn't get All Out 2021 yet with those, which is a bummer! So, what would be the second best option after that? I have Full Gear and Revolution 2022, obviously!

Shame you can't get All Out 2021, when you can that's a must. I'd go for Full Gear 2020 with #FTR vs. Young Bucks 1, Kenny Omega vs. Hangman Page and the main event of Jon Moxley vs. Eddie Kingston.

There's also Double or Nothing 2020 with Stadium Stampede and Jon Moxley vs. The late, great Mr. Brodie Lee for the AEW World Championship and Revolution 2020 for Omega/Page vs. Young Bucks and PAC/Cassidy but I prefer Full Gear 2020.

Need to look up my credits and how to use them.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Shame you can't get All Out 2021, when you can that's a must. I'd go for Full Gear 2020 with #FTR vs. Young Bucks 1, Kenny Omega vs. Hangman Page and the main event of Jon Moxley vs. Eddie Kingston.

There's also Double or Nothing 2020 with Stadium Stampede and Jon Moxley vs. The late, great Mr. Brodie Lee for the AEW World Championship and Revolution 2020 for Omega/Page vs. Young Bucks and PAC/Cassidy but I prefer Full Gear 2020.

Thanks! You know what,  I said screw it, and just bought All Out 2021 with cash and Double or Nothing 2021 with those credits! Now I'm basically drowning in great wrestling for the entire spring! But hey, I just put in like three grand worth of extra mortgage payments, I think I can treat myself with 50e worth of enjoyment, as well! I'll get Full Gear 2020 sometime after I'm done watching these 3.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

After buying Double or Nothing, I had just enough credits for Forbidden Door, so thank you very much to whoever it was a while back that mentioned getting extra fite credits for buying PPVs early ?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Fighting a man with a perm said:

After buying Double or Nothing, I had just enough credits for Forbidden Door, so thank you very much to whoever it was a while back that mentioned getting extra fite credits for buying PPVs early ?

That would be @AxB, whose advice I took, when ordering this year's Revolution early!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

You can find how many credits you have just by clicking on the My Account thing. However, to spend those credits, I think you have to download the phone app and buy shows through that. And they eventually expire, rather than piling up indefinitely.

• Thanks 1

To confirm: MJF said Wardlow can never sign a contract with AEW if he loses, correct?

Just checking because I'm trying to think of any companies who might want to sign the big guy in the event he loses. Perhaps even ones that would allow him to wrestle in their ring... of course he wouldn't be signed with AEW, but they would honor his request to wrestle for them.

Ahh, it's probably not happening.

• Like 5

I really, realllllyyyy wish they had chosen a better name than Anarchy in the Arena. I wonder if Anarchy Rulz is available, because that would be a tip of the cap to ECW AND still fit into the stipulation of the match.

This PPV is shaping up to be another all timer. I for one am stoked at Wardlow getting a big time PPV match, Starks/Hobbs getting a big time title match, and 2.fucking0 in a HUGE feud with some Daniel Garcia. That's without even mentioning the main event and the Owen matches. Rosa/Deeb should be good, but I'm not gonna lie - the feud hasn't reeled me in as much as I had hoped.

• Like 3