DVDVR Message Board

Double or Nothing IV - 5/29/2022

Dolfan in NYC

The problem with splitting up Jurassic Express is that Luchasaurus on his own is a division killer. He's a dinosaur who knows lucha libre. Who the fuck is going to beat a dinosaur that knows lucha libre?

Plus the original Jurassic Period lasted about fifty million years. So it's a bit early to book the end of this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

In their last promo it almost seemed like they were starting to set up a Christian heel turn. It's time for Jungle Boy to go out on his own, so FTR winning the belts followed by Christian blaming JB and turning on him (or maybe have Luchasaurus turn too?) to set up JB's first singles program would make sense.

If Luchasaurus turns, does he drop the gimmick and become like a new Tomko type enforcer for Christian? 

I don't care for the gimmick, but I'm not sure how he could even make that transition smoothly. And the dinosaur as a heel would feel off after all this time. 

14 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

If Luchasaurus turns, does he drop the gimmick and become like a new Tomko type enforcer for Christian? 

I don't care for the gimmick, but I'm not sure how he could even make that transition smoothly. And the dinosaur as a heel would feel off after all this time. 

You're right in that Luchasaurus' gimmick very naturally lends itself to being a face/kid friendly. Maybe give him a new mask based on a carnivorous dinosaur?

31 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

He turns the Dino mask into a Dino Skull mask, voila

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, porksweats said:

He turns the Dino mask into a Dino Skull mask, voila

Or, he becomes Dino from the Flintstones, in a blatant appeal to brand synergy with Warner.

• Like 4

I think Punk wins by some sort of shenanigans, not exactly a heel turn but something subtle that ends nice guy Punk for a while. Then have him and MJF avoid each other until Revolution and Max goes over. That or Kenta costs Punk. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 6:29 PM, peterien said:

I think Punk wins by some sort of shenanigans, not exactly a heel turn but something subtle that ends nice guy Punk for a while. Then have him and MJF avoid each other until Revolution and Max goes over. That or Kenta costs Punk. 

Like something akin to Piper/Bret at WM8 maybe?  Only he actually does the evil deed in a lapse of judgement.

Punk kind of has the groundwork laid out already with his talk about him “still being able to do this”.

Edited by Brandon Bones
  • Like 1

Diving into the dangerous realm of fantasy booking, I'd have Hangman win this match at Double or Nothing and Punk turns down an opportunity to cheat to win. During the summer, Punk regrets thats and gradually starts cheating a bit more in his matches before winning the title via chicanery at All Out.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I got tickets to this. Flying into Vegas for it. I was at the first Double or Nothing in 2019. I’m pumped as fuck for this.

I’m same to all. Had tix for 2020 as well but of course that didn’t happen. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 2:20 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

"Luchasaurus, gimme a beat." 

"No."

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, elizium said:

That's a good plan, but I wouldn't do it at All Out because the moment might be undercut by the fact that the entire crowd would be on his side

I actually like how that would play into things, as Punk could say that nothing has changed, but it would be slow burn to a full heel turn before Full Gear.

Im looking forward to Christian eventually turning on Jungle Boy and wrestling him one on one, but it's a good question as far as what to do with Luchasaurus. Maybe instead of a singles, Christian tags up with someone. Ethan Page would be great for that assuming Sky is going to keep the TNT title for a while (or if he drops it, you could always reform SCU in parallel and now you've got two more teams in the mix to freshen things up)

On 4/29/2022 at 12:30 PM, chriskbrown50 said:

Deeb-Rosa could be a real treat.

I misread that and thought you wrote Deeb-Ruby which would REALLY be a treat, since Ruby is so good working from under and Serena is so good being a dominant heel. (Someone will now tell me they had a match that I missed...) Not like Rosa fighting fire with fire would suck either.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

A giant ape that knows Kung Fu?

Or a giant giant panda that does that? No, wait I've got it maybe a huge ass shark! Yeah, a friggin whirlwind with sharks! That would do it! And those sharks all ate something they shouldn't have! I guess the problem is that you would have to name it somehow, and I've got nothing!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I misread that and thought you wrote Deeb-Ruby which would REALLY be a treat, since Ruby is so good working from under and Serena is so good being a dominant heel. (Someone will now tell me they had a match that I missed...) Not like Rosa fighting fire with fire would suck either.

Deeb Ruby would really good. Convinced Deeb is as close as SEW has to a Danielson on the women's side.