DVDVR Message Board

DR. STRANGE 2 - SPOILERS THREAD - 5/6/2022

My daughter and I will celebrate the completion of her first year of college with a steak dinner and this movie when she gets home from school.  Believe it or not, it was her request.  

I will go into exile from this thread after release date as she won't be done with classes until closer to Mother's Day and I want to remain spoiler free.  I hope this movie rules and that everyone enjoys it.

• Like 6

There are spoilers and impressions for the first twenty minutes out there.

I think we're going to pass on this in the theater for a few reasons. One it's supposed to be full of jump scares and that's something the 9 year old can handle better at home. We're still waiting on the 4 year old to be able to get a shot (maybe soon). Our shots are probably waning. Cases are up to a degree that's hard to tell as we're not testing nearly as much. It looks like the Disney+ window will be 45 days which isn't so bad. I do think spoilers will be all over the place and unavoidable, but this is probably the last big movie release before the entire family can be vaccinated so it bodes well for Thor in July.

• Like 2

It’s too bad it doesn’t come out while I’m on vacation (technically, if it comes out Thursday night, I would still be off, but no way I’m going opening night).

the good thing with my wacky schedule is I can go to a matinee on Monday, if it looks like the theater isn’t packed when I look for tickets. If not, I’ll prob go Thursday afternoon. 

the only spoilers I really care about is the cameos for Bruce, Ted and the car. 

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

My daughter and I will celebrate the completion of her first year of college with a steak dinner and this movie when she gets home from school.  Believe it or not, it was her request.  

I will go into exile from this thread after release date as she won't be done with classes until closer to Mother's Day and I want to remain spoiler free.  I hope this movie rules and that everyone enjoys it.

What a lovely Dad and lovely Daughter. Have a great time from your friend across the pond, Paul xxx.

• Thanks 1

I'm going at noon on Saturday. This was a must-see in the theaters for us, simply because it looks fucking bonkers, and we'll do the same with Thor 4, but after that? Not sure... The MCU burnout is REAL. 

• Like 1

Marvel Studios Canada are definitely in the doghouse after uploading a video, now removed. Found it elsewhere. SPOILER WARNING:

Spoiler

Illuminati is spoken, Captain Carter confirmed and Professor Xavier in the yellow hoverchair from the 1990s X-Men cartoon. Captain Carter I liked seeing the most as Peggy Carter is one of my favourite MCU characters and I have a crush on Hayley Atwell.

15 hours ago, odessasteps said:

the only spoilers I really care about is the cameos for Bruce

It's completely in-line with all of his Spider-Man cameos, that's for sure.

What's Ted and the car, though?

On 4/28/2022 at 9:46 AM, Matt D said:

I think we're going to pass on this in the theater for a few reasons. One it's supposed to be full of jump scares and that's something the 9 year old can handle better at home. We're still waiting on the 4 year old to be able to get a shot (maybe soon). Our shots are probably waning. Cases are up to a degree that's hard to tell as we're not testing nearly as much. It looks like the Disney+ window will be 45 days which isn't so bad. I do think spoilers will be all over the place and unavoidable, but this is probably the last big movie release before the entire family can be vaccinated so it bodes well for Thor in July.

A lot of places keep really really pushing the "Marvel's first horror movie!" line so this is probably the right call

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

A lot of places keep really really pushing the "Marvel's first horror movie!" line so this is probably the right call

we also heard all about the violence in moon knight and it’s not been that bad. Of course, i did FF thru most of it. 

Edited by odessasteps

I keep seeing this, but didn’t they part ways with Scott Derrickson because he wanted to actually make it a horror movie? Besides, what would this fresh faced kid they’ve brought in to replace him know about directing horror anyway? 

6 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I keep seeing this, but didn’t they part ways with Scott Derrickson because he wanted to actually make it a horror movie? Besides, what would this fresh faced kid they’ve brought in to replace him know about directing horror anyway? 

Hopefully, they didnt let him use Groot. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 4/28/2022 at 2:46 PM, Matt D said:

On 4/29/2022 at 7:15 PM, RIPPA said:

Think that's the right call. Found a picture of Elizabeth Olsen taken from a promotional package for Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness:

FQ9hn5SXMAA-KEU?format=jpg&name=large

Well, my daughter and I have Fandangoed our tickets for May 16th.  I will return to the thread around that time to offer our thoughts.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Well, my daughter and I have Fandangoed our tickets for May 16th.  I will return to the thread around that time to offer our thoughts.

Enjoy, my friend and I look forward to seeing your return to the thread.

• Like 1

Reading twitter reactions, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022) has gone down well, Elizabeth Olsen is the standout, horror keeps coming up and you can see Sam Raimi's stamp on the movie. Sounds good! Had a long wait for a sequel to Doctor Strange (2016). I think it'll land in the 75-80% certified fresh bracket on Rotten Tomatoes.

Edited by The Natural

I'm taking my kids this weekend (5 & 11).  My son (5) did great at the last Spiderman, so I think he'll be fine.  He's not your typical five-year-old when it comes to movies.  He'll sit through anything.  Recently, he's watched Rocky, Rocky II, Little Women (the newer one) and Hoosiers.  I warned him there may be a couple jump scares, so at least that won't be a surprise for him.  I'm really looking forward to seeing this.

• Like 1