DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/25 - 5/1/2022

Dolfan in NYC

When it comes to the better talent in the various women's divisions, it's all subjective. And while WWE certainly has more hours a week to showcase their division, there are still some struggles there with showcasing women that aren't involved with a title. Smackdown, I'm looking at you. 

I mean, its subjective in the same way a Major League player could be judged superior to someone in Triple A. Sure, there may be some diamonds (or Jades) in the rough, but hard time suggesting AEW has depth remotely resembling Bianca, Becky, Sasha, Charlotte et al

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2022 at 12:50 AM, Eivion said:

Mandy/Roxanne was good. This was a nice showcase of Roxanne's attitude. Loved the little shit moments she pulled working Mandy's hand and fingers. Was also nice getting to see Mandy working a long singles, or at least one that felt like it had real breathing room for her to move around and show off a bit more. Still, ot was definitely more about showing what Roxanne could do, and Mandy reacted perfectly to so much of it.

My worry here is that Roxanne's attitude becomes something unmoored from her opponent. Biting Mandy's finger after the provocations earlier in this episode, sure. But if she has a friendly against Cora, there's no call for her to bite, but it feels uncomfortably like WWE house style will add it to all her matches anyway.

They had meetings for NXT 2.0 women back in October, to suggest they should dress sexier. I think that's probably Johnny Ace's own idea. Unlike the old days it's not demanded of, so it's up to the women to decide if they want to dress that way.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/04/backstage-news-on-the-wwe-nxt-meetings-where-female-talents-were-reportedly-asked-to-dress-sexier/

• Sad 4

5 hours ago, Iron Moose said:

My worry here is that Roxanne's attitude becomes something unmoored from her opponent. Biting Mandy's finger after the provocations earlier in this episode, sure. But if she has a friendly against Cora, there's no call for her to bite, but it feels uncomfortably like WWE house style will add it to all her matches anyway.

Feels like something to worry about more if/when she this the main roster.

1 hour ago, Blue Dragon said:

They had meetings for NXT 2.0 women back in October, to suggest they should dress sexier. I think that's probably Johnny Ace's own idea. Unlike the old days it's not demanded of, so it's up to the women to decide if they want to dress that way.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/04/backstage-news-on-the-wwe-nxt-meetings-where-female-talents-were-reportedly-asked-to-dress-sexier/

This sucks to hear, but isn't super surprising. They seemingly took HHH's attack as a chance to mess with everything he was doing in NXT. Kind of curious how many women actually followed with this idea since it feels like the ones who "dress sexier" were the types who would have done it anyways like Gigi Dolin.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

Feels like something to worry about more if/when she this the main roster.

This sucks to hear, but isn't super surprising. They seemingly took HHH's attack as a chance to mess with everything he was doing in NXT. Kind of curious how many women actually followed with this idea since it feels like the ones who "dress sexier" were the types who would have done it anyways like Gigi Dolin.

Even Kacy and Kayden changed up their gear a little bit after that, with more see-through mesh on the sides of their tights (well, Kacy wears tights, anyway), which was like a "please, don't"-move, but that's way less worse than that bullshit name change!

WWE NXT 2.0 is possibly returning to Full Sail University soon. 

If they move back to Full Sail, WWE can cut more expenses and stop bringing in dedicated fans to the Performance Center and charge Full Sail fans some money to get in.

Not sure if moving back will also apply to Lvl Up and NXT PLE's.

Edited by Blue Dragon

16 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

It's not demanded but anyone with a higher IQ than an earthworm knows if you don't do it your push is going to be cut off and you will end up getting future endeavored.

When they tell you "We want you to do X" it's a demand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The cage match was good.  Sami Zayne will bump very large!  I never really understood what the issue with Drew McIntyre was, but it didn't really matter.  Naomi and Shayna Bazzler was fine as it was a vehicle to get to the postmatch beatdown, which was good.  OH NO!  It's Ridge Holland!  He broke nobody's neck so I call that a successful Ridge Holland match.  Sheamus versus Kofi Kingston was good.  WOODS GOES THRU A TABLE!  Poor Shotzi (not even Blackhart anymore.)

I hope they bring in Lacey Evans' POS father at this point. They can have him ask for forgiveness,  and then double cross her and become a heel manager for whoever she fueds with. The Anti- Al Wilson.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

Drew/Sami was solid.

Raquel had a decent squash match.

Naomi/Shayna was nice while it lasted. Feels like they could have a pretty good longer match. Dug the post match beatdown.

Woods/Holland was solid. Kofi/Sheamus was decent but short. Post match attack was fine.

These Lacey Evans promos are alright though it feels weird building her up as a big face with Charlotte about to lose the belt to Ronda and no other noteworthy heels on Smackdown right now. 

The Beat the Clock stuff is always a waste of everyone involved and needs to die a horrible death.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I hope they bring in Lacey Evans' POS father at this point. They can have him ask for forgiveness,  and then double cross her and become a heel manager for whoever she fueds with. The Anti- Al Wilson.

Uhm, he is dead.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Drew/Sami was solid.

Raquel had a decent squash match.

Naomi/Shayna was nice while it lasted. Feels like they could have a pretty good longer match. Dug the post match beatdown.

Woods/Holland was solid. Kofi/Sheamus was decent but short. Post match attack was fine.

These Lacey Evans promos are alright though it feels weird building her up as a big face with Charlotte about to lose the belt to Ronda and no other noteworthy heels on Smackdown right now. 

The Beat the Clock stuff is always a waste of everyone involved and needs to die a horrible death.

Uhm, he is dead.

I sorta figured but who cares?. Since when does that stop Vince? Hire an actor. It's been a month of that guy being the biggest heel on Smackdown. 

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Haha 1