DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/5/22 - Poughkeepsie, NY

*Taped for BTI: Tenille Dashwood (w/ Madison Rayne) def. Gisele Shaw (7:59) with the Spotlight Kick after Madison pushed Gisele off the top rope.

Impact Wrestling - Airing May 5, 2022 from Poughkeepsie, NY

*W. Morrissey def. Brian Myers (10:47) in a Tables Match, finally putting Myers through a table with a powerbomb over the top through a table outside. Matt Cardona & Chelsea Green plus Jordynne Grace all got involved in the match.

*Ace Austin def. Rocky Romero (11:36) after The Fold to retain the X Division Championship. After the match, Trey Miguel attacked Ace and announced he is cashing in his rematch at Under Siege. 

*Masha Slamovich def. Damaris (0:54) after the Snow Plow in a squash.

*Bullet Club (Chris Bey & Jay White) def. Rich Swann & Willie Mack (6:33) when Bey pinned Mack after the Art of Finesse. After the match, Honor No More come out to brawl with Bullet Club again.

*Tomohiro Ishii def. Steve Maclin (13:58) after the brainbuster

*PCO def. Jonah (18:44) with the Moonsault in a Monster's Ball Match.

Edited by DreamBroken

MAN!  This match is great.  The best I have ever seen Tenille Dashwood and Giselle Shaw look.  Wildly overdelivers.

• Like 2

Fun show. Tenille and Gisele are awesome. Morrissey/Myers was a blast, great all around babyface revenge match with the heels getting their comeuppance. 

Ace/Rocky was solid. Rocky about powerbombed himself on that rana off the apron. Always love to see Masha.

Short but good Bullet Club tag. Maclin/Ishii ruled, Ishii always delivers and I'm glad to see Maclin hanging in there in the top guys mix looking like he belongs. 

Main event was wild and properly brutal. Love that they brought back the original Monsters Ball gimmick of "having to be locked up for 24 hours before the match" which they rarely did after the original but Raven always sold it best. Glad to see PCO finally get his big victory.

• Like 2

Sorry I'm late.  My wife had to watch Top Chef and she got a late start.  Hey!  It's W Morrisey again!  Bryan Myers is much tinier than Wardlow.  Morrisey's punches look good because Myers leans into them.  Myers rules.  They mention vaguely that Morrisey wrestled last night.  Myers screams like a little girl while being unanagi'd onto the apron, taking this match to a different level.  MATT CARDONA!  YES!   He is also much tinier than Wardlow.  Jordynne Grace and Morrisey powerbombs Cardona through a table and Grace chases Chelsea Green off and Morrisey crushes Myers with a really nice Sidewalk Slam and then CRUSHES Bryan Myers through a table.  That looked great.  Morrisey is having a good week.  Oh man, Rocky Romero vs Ace Austin!  This show IS fucking loaded tonight.  I wonder if he is dropping the belt before going to Japan for three weeks.  Romero hits a fabulously crazy tope.  Ace does a bunch of fancy moves to SHOWBOAT his freakish balance.  Cool submission set-up.  Austin needs a nastier finisher is he's going to Japan,  He should borrow Josh Alexander's piledriver.  It could be like the IMPACT! Invasion Finisher.  Deonna Purrazzo should use it the next time she wrestles on Dynamite.  Masha Slamovich crushes a gal with a Northern Lights Bomb.  I await Deonna Purrazzo versus Masha Slamovich.  Briscoes are awesome on the stick though it would be waaay better if it was from the chicken farm.  Jay White is a total superstar.  Chris Bey is the Dante Martin of IMPACT!, freakish athleticism-wise.  Jay White sets the stiffness level to "New Japan". Chris Bey is awesome beating on Rich Swann on the outside.  White and Bey are great beating on Swann.  Willie Mack is DYNAMIC after the hot tag.  Bey is tiny so Willie Mack throws him around like a tiny guy.  SWEET Tequila Sunrise Suplex by White on Mack.  He is so fucking good.  Postmatch, Honor No More and the Bullet Club have a scrum!  Matt Riehbolt does a voice over about Juice Robinson joining the Bullet Club and a bunch of other stuff to happen since this was taped.  This was Voice Over Central tonight.  Steve Maclin is taking a shot at being the Jon Moxley of IMPACT!.Ishii   He will have to up the intensity.  TOMOHIRO ISHII IS ON MY TELEVISION!  This is a GLORIOUS age of television wrestling, my friends.  This is the ISHIIest match of Ishii matches, all he has to do is sell the neck.  They keep saying this is the first time Ishii is on IMPACT! TV but I watched pretty much the entire Ishii/Eddie Edwards match on IMPACT! TV.  But anyway,  Ishii sells the back instead of the neck so this is variation of the standard Ishii match.  Maclin is great in this, taking an assbeating like a champ, firing back when necessary.  Boston Crab is truly effective because Ishii established his back being hurt earlier in the match.  PSYCHOLOGY!  Ishii hits a nice German Suplex and goes back to selling the back. Maclin gets in a flurry of offense and now would be a good to acknowledge that IMPACT! has the best commentary in all of wrestling.  JESUS CHRIST!  What a fucking lariat.  JESUS CHRIST!  The best Brain Buster of this year!  That match was fucking great.  Maybe Steve Maclin is the future of IMPACT!.  Tomohiro Ishii is so fucking awesome.  STILL!  The PCO/JONAH match starts from their holding pens?  Let us look past the bullshit and concentrate on PCO attempting to kill himself.   JONAH tries to kill himself first, taking a rana through a wad of chairs.  JONAH crushes PCO with his fat while PCO sits in a chair!  PCO goes through a ladder in the corner at an impossible angle.  PCO is over in wherever they taped this.  Nashville?  Philadelphia? PCO hits the crazy ass spot off the top to the apron and then hits a SWEET toprope leg drop.  PCO goes back first into the edge of four chairs and PCO is fucking out of his mind.  It's like Mick Foley decided at age 50 to start being Cactus Jack.  He is then powerbombed into thumb tacks.  JONAH goes through the table and looks SLIGHTLY cooler than the Bryan Myers table crushing.  PCO hits a moonsault and FINALLY wins against JONAH.  That was good.  Ishii/Maclin was fucking great.  Great episode of wrestling. YAY! IMPACT!

• Like 2

Oh I am fuckin DYING. The shots of PCO and JONAH locked up aren't them in a cell... or a cage... they are shots, respectively, of the emergency exit of your local grocery store and the closed back door to a loading dock. ??? I guess instead of being locked in, they were locked out?

Oh TNA, never stop being TNA. 

Okay now back to the show! 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Oh I am fuckin DYING. The shots of PCO and JONAH locked up aren't them in a cell... or a cage... they are shots, respectively, of the emergency exit of your local grocery store and the closed back door to a loading dock. ??? I guess instead of being locked in, they were locked out?

Precision.

I only saw the first 40. The Brian Myers bump was worthy of more than a quick replay and no-stopping-move to the next segment. That kinda bump should render an opponent dead. It should have been sold like a much bigger deal than it was. The Grace-Morrissey double powerbomb-boot was fantastic. Cardona and Green obviously rule. A guy who can bump and sell like Myers is a huge asset to any company. Romero-Austin was very good as expected. Hilarious seeing Trey Miguel talk to the hardcam while the guy he's supposed to be warning is behind him. TNA! TNA! TNA! Masha seems to have that IT that Helmsley used to like to bandy about. Up next superstars Jay and Bey. Nice to at least get a Mack promo before the inevitable loss. Mack has endless potential with the right bookerman.   

13 hours ago, DEAN said:

Maclin gets in a flurry of offense and now would be a good to acknowledge that IMPACT! has the best commentary in all of wrestling.  

Hannifan is spectacular. Wrestling fans have waded thru a lot of unsuitable and unfunny to decent commentators for a slick sonofabitch like Tom. Rehwoldt is good too

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2