Tasha Steelz(c) vs. Rosemary

AAA REINA de REINAS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Deonna Purrazzo(c) vs. Taya Valkyrie

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Trey Miguel(c) vs. Ace Austin vs. Speedball Mike Bailey

Jonah vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Jay White vs. Chris Sabin vs. Steve Maclin

IMPACT WORLDS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS ELIMINATION CHALLENGE
Violent by Design(c) (Eric Young/Deaner/Joe Doering) vs. The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) vs. Honor No More (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett) vs. Heath & Rhino vs. Rich Swann & Willie Mack vs. TBA

Countdown to Rebellion PRESHOW:

KNOCKOUTS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MATCH
The Influence (Madison Rayne & Tenille Dashwood)(c) vs. The IInspiration (Cassie Lee & Jessie McKay)

Eddie Edwards vs. Chris Bey

Edited by DreamBroken

Jonathan Gresham is off the show due to injury. He is replaced by Chris Bey in match vs Eddie Edwards which has been moved to the preshow now. As a result, the X Division triple threat has been bumped back up to the main card.

Impact has been more hit than miss going into this PPV.  The real miss for me is the silly 'high drama' for Moose-Alexander, but regardless, it's one of the best matches they have, and I'm very much looking forward to it.  I just didn't need domestic drama and skits.  Just some promos and showcases would've been suffice.  I'm even more excited for JONAH and Ishii.  Sometimes I think JONAH is my favorite current wrestler.  Curious for the Deonna Purrazzo-Taya Valkrye bout.  I haven't actually seen much of Taya, but I love her charisma, and Deonna is such a gifted performer.  She always pulls the best outta whomever.  The multimans are less appealing.  Impact would be smart to do far less multi-man, gauntlets, silly gimmicked bouts.  That said, I'll certainly be giving the Maclin-White-Sabin bout a look.  Oh, and the pre-show Edwards-Bey match could be really great.  Dig 'em both.  Happy to hear they've sold out the show.  I wish they had the good taste to retrofit the look of the show to WWF Championship Wrestling 85/86.  

• Like 2

The Countdown to Rebellion!

EDIT:  Maaaaaan, Eddie Edwards and Chris Bey are fucking great.  It's very IMPACT!like to have your best wrestler (Eddie Edwards) and your third best (Chris Bey) not on your actual PPV.  Josh Alexander is the second best wrestler in IMPACT!  Jesus,  they have GOT to run Eddie Edwards versus Jay White. 

• Like 1

Preshow was good. Eddie/Bey solid and the knockouts tag was short but a lot of fun, fast paced with some great near falls.

Great win for Maclin, I had a feeling he'd pull it off as it felt like he was the one needing the win the most of the three, dug the finish. Taya/Deonna was shorter than I'd have hoped for but pretty good. Knew Taya would get the win as she was the only one that seemed like a threat to Deonna at the moment. Taya having new music was a letdown, her old theme was so good and perfect for her.

Weak ending for Trey's epic run as X Champ, definitely did not see that coming. Ishii/Jonah ruled, absolutely shocked that Ishii actually got the win! Did not expect that at all. 

Tag title match felt kind of pointless ultimately, though the opening bit of it was fun. Tasha/Rosemary was pretty good.

Main event was suitably epic. Great strike exchanges, the escalation of violence was awesome. The more it went on, kinda wanted Moose to retain but this was the right move for the 6 month story told. Only thing I didn't love was the buckle bomb on exposed steel being kinda no sold for the finish, as it did look properly brutal. Should be a fun build towards Slammiversary now. Good show overall

Full results:

Spoiler

Countdown to Rebellion Preshow:

*Eddie Edwards def. Chris Bey (9:04) after the Die Hard Driver

*The Influence (Madison Rayne & Tenille Dashwood)(c) def. The IInspiration (Cassie Lee & Jessie McKay) (6:22) when Tenille pinned Jessie after The Collab. 

Impact Wrestling Rebellion - April 23, 2022 from Poughkeepsie, NY

*Steve Maclin def. Chris Sabin & Jay White (11:01) with a rollup on Sabin.

*Taya Valkyrie def. Deonna Purrazzo(c) (9:07) after the Road to Valhalla to WIN the AAA Reina de Reinas championship.

*Ace Austin def. Trey Miguel(c) & Speedball Mike Bailey (10:29) after The Fold on Trey to WIN the X Division Championship.

*A coming soon vignette aired showing the letters "E G V" with a hit list showing photos of Eddie Edwards & Josh Alexander. The vignette featured binary code that spells out "SAMI". 

*Tomohiro Ishii def. Jonah (15:13) after the Brainbuster

*Violent by Design (Eric Young & Joe Doering w/ Deaner)(c) def. The Major Players (Matt Cardona & Brian Myers w/ Chelsea Green), Jordynne Grace & W. Morrissey, The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson), Johnny Swinger & Zicky Dice, Rich Swann & Willie Mack, Honor No More (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis), and Heath & Rhino (33:17) to retain the Impact Tag Team Championships in the Elimination Challenge. 
-Major Players eliminated Jordynne Grace & W. Morrissey at 2:15 when Cardona rolled up Jordynne while Chelsea distracted Morrissey. Afterwards, they brawl until Morrissey powerbombed Chelsea through a table.
-The Good Brothers eliminated Major Players at 6:34 when Gallows pinned Cardona after the Magic Killer.
-The Good Brothers eliminated Johnny Swinger & Zicky Dice at 8:44 when Anderson pinned Zicky after the Magic Killer.
-The Good Brothers eliminated Rich Swann & Willie Mack at 19:22 when Anderson pinned Mack after the Magic Killer.
-Honor No More eliminated The Good Brothers at 20:55 when Taven pinned Anderson while Maria held his foot down. Afterwards, The Good Brothers lay out Taven with the Magic Killer on the outside.
-Heath & Rhino eliminated Honor No More at 26:17 when Rhino pinned Taven after The Gore
-Violent by Design eliminated Heath & Rhino at 33:17 when Young pinned Heath after the Piledriver

*Tasha Steelz(c) (w/ Savannah Evans) def. Rosemary (11:30) with a falcon arrow to retain the knockouts championship.

-Impact's next Impact+ special is Under Siege in 2 weeks in Cincinnati on May 7. Impact returns to PPV with Slammiversary, the 20 year anniversary, in Nashville, TN on June 19.

*Josh Alexander def. Moose(c) (23:57) after a second C4 Spike to WIN the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Main event was suitably epic. Great strike exchanges, the escalation of violence was awesome. The more it went on, kinda wanted Moose to retain but this was the right move for the 6 month story told. Only thing I didn't love was the buckle bomb on exposed steel being kinda no sold for the finish, as it did look properly brutal. Should be a fun build towards Slammiversary now. Good show overall

I caught just the end of the Women's Title bout and the Main Event.  I had a few qualms with the latter.  First, enough already with the saccharine sentimental journey of Josh Alexander.  It's awkward and nobody's buying it (or maybe it's just thoroughly me).  It all felt so forced and unnecessary.  Which granted, I know should be expected when watching Impact.  Further, it feels completely wrong for such an Intense/High Stakes dramatic feud to start Slow and disciplined.  I felt the same as you about Moose retaining.  The work was often solid here, but I kept thinking how much cooler this all would've been without aiming to be so epic.  I feel the same on the no sell of the exposed steel buckle bomb.  I'm all for Alexander as Champion, but I continue to loathe the way this company books Moose.    

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

The Countdown to Rebellion!

EDIT:  Maaaaaan, Eddie Edwards and Chris Bey are fucking great.  It's very IMPACT!like to have your best wrestler (Eddie Edwards) and your third best (Chris Bey) not on your actual PPV. 

"Impact Wrestling!" (Clap x5)

EDIT: Very much looking forward to Ishii-JONAH!

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

Ishii-JONAH was fantastic.  I hope they do it again in New Japan.  Nice to see Maclin get a win in the solid three way (ugh) opener.  The other three way, the expected spotfest, was very well executed.  Not always the case in spottier affairs.  Ace Austin looked particularly good in victory.  I have some qualms with the booking of Speedball here.  He's currently one of their more over, fresh and upward mobile performers, leaving him dead for Miguel and not having him Win here seems like a missed opportunity.  Pretty clearly they wanna keep these guys in a 3 way feud - I like all three, but I don't need to see another 3 way match.  I also liked the Deonna-Taya bout.  Tho, I wouldn't have minded an extra 5-10.  I also rewatched the Alexander-Moose Main Event, divorcing the wack ass dramatic build and slightly uncomfortable and unncessary Josh and son entrance.  Even doing so, I find it difficult to look passed how poorly Impact presents Moose - he looks so dominating and moves so well, yet they book him like he has none of these things.  He should absolutely dominate everybody he's in the ring with.  Alexander controlling Moose thru much of this hurt them down the finish.  And the heel-face dynamic.  As said, didn't care for the lack of sell on the buckle bomb, but Alexander's reverse kick to Moose's spear attempt was pretty terrific.  There's no sense wanting something that will never happen, but if Impact treated Moose like AEW does Wardlow, or how I assume Reigns or Lesnar are featured in WWE, they'd have a big money player on their hands.  As is he's a solid upper mid card heel who's ceiling is clear ((I just now read about Moose's past and wonder if this is what informs his ceiling and inability to move on).  All that said, clearly Alexander as Champion is a good move.  I look forward to him moving on from this family emo phase.  The tacky sentimental play doesn't quite fit this ruthless asskicker. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2