DVDVR Message Board

AEW x NJPW - FORBIDDEN DOOR - 6/26/2022

DEAN
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

THE CARD:

FOR THE INTERIM AEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Jon Moxley *** d. Hiroshi Tanahashi

FOUR WAY MATCH FOR THE IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Jay White (c) d. Hangman Page / Adam Cole (bb) / Kazucha Okada

FOR THE AEW WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Thunder Rosa (c) d. Toni Storm

FOUR WAY MATCH FOR THE INAUGURAL AEW ALL-ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP - Pac ***  d. Miro / Clark Connors / Malakai Black

THREE WAY TAG MATCH FOR BOTH THE IWGP WORLD TAG TEAM & ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS - FTR (ROH c) *** d. United Empire (Cobb / O-Khan) (IWGP c) d. Roppongi Vice (Romero / Barretta)

FOR THE IWGP UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - Will Ospreay (c) d. Orange Cassidy

TRIOS MATCH FOR THE MAN ADVANTAGE IN THE BLOOD & GUTS MATCH - Chris Jericho / Minoru Suzuki / Sammy Guevara d. Eddie Kingston / Shota Umino / Wheeler Yuta

Claudio Castagnoli * d. Zach Sabre Jr. 

Dudes With Attitudes (Sting / Allin / Takagi / Takahashi) d. Bullet Club ( El Phantasmo / N. Jackson / M. Jackson)

** Gunn Club / Max Caster d. NJPW Dojo (DKC / Knight / Coughlin / Uemura)

** Swerve In Our Glory (Lee / Strickland) d. Suzuki-Gun (Kanemaru / El Desperado)

** Lance Archer d. Nick Comoroto

** Bishamon (Goto / Yoshi-Hashi) d. The Factory (Solo / Marshall)

--

* - A New Member of the Blackpool Combat Club

** - Buy In Match

*** - New Champion

I have no idea what happened, if you try clicking on the show at this point there’s still just an error message. I’m gonna guess that they were doing some type of late night test about opening different arrangements and the damn bots got in and immediately bought and resold tickets and that messed it all up. On the seat map there’s be a string of pink dots with nothing else available. But then those two upper level sections were available…

edit: the map is live again. No new sections yet. 

Edited by matt925

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope the scalpers bring their tickets back down to Earth the closer we get to the event. I originally had my tickets to the First Dance for about 3x, but that was about 5 days before the event when I learned they would be trying to induce my wife on that Friday. Then a day before I dropped them down to less than face value and never sold them. They were really excellent seats too. At least I bought insurance for them and got around $125 back.

The same is probably going to happen with this. No one is going to want to take a huge loss on their tickets so they'll drop them down in price. I already made sure I have nothing going on with that Sunday so if ticket prices drop, I'm going.

• Like 1

They opened 222 at some point and that’s gone, so 223 is the only mid bowl section left to open, for whatever reason. 321 and 331 still have plenty of seats left, so they haven’t bothered opening more upper level sections yet. Maybe if they announce some big matches or there’s some surprises at double or nothing, or the following dynamite, the tickets will get hot again. 

Im sure like Craig said the aftermarket prices will come way down closer to showtime. But gonna be an awesome crowd. 

Edited by matt925

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I hope Tony Khan will be able to transition to the NJPW stuff and matchups going into this event. It's going to be a juggling act, which he's already struggling with.

Hopefully it's better paced than the too long Double or Nothing 2022. 

Hoping I'll get my wish of Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada. If not, Danielson vs. Zack Sabre Jr or Danielson vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi.

• Like 2

With Okada likely taking time off for the birth of his kid, I think Jay White wins the title at Dominion. That leads to something like White, Hangman & Cole vs Punk & FTR as the Main with Danielson vs Okada as the co-main at Forbidden Door. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zendragon said:

Yano v. Danhausen 

Comedy vs comedy is way too twee for my tastes... better to put them against obnoxious heels that need to get taken down a peg. MJF vs Yano probably isn't happening for a host of reasons, but I could totally see Danhausen vs DOUKI or Gedo, maybe even ELP.

• Like 1

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to AEW x NJPW - FORBIDDEN DOOR - 6/26/2022

Kazuchika Okada's opponent potentially revealed...

Spoiler

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Further thoughts:

Spoiler

Jesus, that's fucking disappointing. Danielson vs. Okada was my first choice then Danielson vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi and Danielson vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

Edited by The Natural

Sorry that people are disappointed, but Danielson vs. Okada was NEVER going to happen on this show. That was an unrealistic expectation. And it was clear from the start, but should’ve been even more clear after Danielson downplayed it in that SI interview last week. He talked up ZSJ way more, and I think that’s the most likely match for him here.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, EVA said:

Sorry that people are disappointed, but Danielson vs. Okada was NEVER going to happen on this show. That was an unrealistic expectation.

That's the thing with expectations, try to keep them in check so you avoid disappointment. if expectations are exceeded, that's a bonus. I'm gutted.

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

That's the thing with expectations, try to keep them in check so you avoid disappointment. if expectations are exceeded, that's a bonus. I'm gutted.

It will happen eventually! Just probably at Wrestle Kingdom.

Edited by EVA

I don't see Danielson getting a big singles match with an NJPW guy at this event if he's going to be going to Japan for the G1 in the near future (this year or next) since NJPW is going to want to save those for their shows. Danielson/Okada will happen fairly soon I think either as a last block main event in the G1 or WK or both. Maybe a match vs ZSJ since it's not a first time match but with both of them having a much higher profile these days it could be saved too.

I think a BCC trios match is most likely, possibly against Suzuki-gun so we get ZSJ/Danielson interaction and both Bryan and Mox have history with Minoru in AEW so it makes sense.  They could make it a 8man and add Eddie to BCC so that I can get the Eddie/Taichi match up I want to see.

I hope Omega makes an appearance with his ties to NJPW and I'd like to see him work with some of those guys again in the future, don't know if he'd be willing to do another G1 but I'd love to see him in one again. 

I hope Cobb/O-Khan win the IWPG Tag belts back at dominion and we see some kind of title vs title match against FTR to get those teams in the other promotion more, either direction works for me.

• Like 2

With any luck this isn't the only AEW/NJPW show we get - and considering that so far it is a wild success, financially, I would be expecting at least a second show in due time if not a regular yearly event ??????

• Like 2