DVDVR Message Board

AEW x NJPW - FORBIDDEN DOOR - 6/26/2022

DEAN
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

THE CARD:

FOR THE INTERIM AEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Jon Moxley *** d. Hiroshi Tanahashi

FOUR WAY MATCH FOR THE IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Jay White (c) d. Hangman Page / Adam Cole (bb) / Kazucha Okada

FOR THE AEW WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Thunder Rosa (c) d. Toni Storm

FOUR WAY MATCH FOR THE INAUGURAL AEW ALL-ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP - Pac ***  d. Miro / Clark Connors / Malakai Black

THREE WAY TAG MATCH FOR BOTH THE IWGP WORLD TAG TEAM & ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS - FTR (ROH c) *** d. United Empire (Cobb / O-Khan) (IWGP c) d. Roppongi Vice (Romero / Barretta)

FOR THE IWGP UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - Will Ospreay (c) d. Orange Cassidy

TRIOS MATCH FOR THE MAN ADVANTAGE IN THE BLOOD & GUTS MATCH - Chris Jericho / Minoru Suzuki / Sammy Guevara d. Eddie Kingston / Shota Umino / Wheeler Yuta

Claudio Castagnoli * d. Zach Sabre Jr. 

Dudes With Attitudes (Sting / Allin / Takagi / Takahashi) d. Bullet Club ( El Phantasmo / N. Jackson / M. Jackson)

** Gunn Club / Max Caster d. NJPW Dojo (DKC / Knight / Coughlin / Uemura)

** Swerve In Our Glory (Lee / Strickland) d. Suzuki-Gun (Kanemaru / El Desperado)

** Lance Archer d. Nick Comoroto

** Bishamon (Goto / Yoshi-Hashi) d. The Factory (Solo / Marshall)

--

* - A New Member of the Blackpool Combat Club

** - Buy In Match

*** - New Champion

Oops. Wrong thread.

I would like to say that I called some kind of tag match with Mox teaming with his two sons way back when this was first announced. Too bad Punk got hurt and now it’s a tag with Eddie. Should still be fun though.

Edited by EVA

10 hours ago, hobo joe said:

All the people to put in match with Ospreay and you go with OC?

They better announce Danielson vs ZSJ soon

What’s wrong with OC versus Ospreay? Cassidy is more than capable of keeping up with him.

• Like 3

There are obviously going to be some matches left off this show that we all want to see, but I'm hoping this show is the start of a relationship between the two companies (and any others like Impact) working together.  I'm just hoping that the end result of Forbidden Door is that AEW's people AND New Japan's people are happy with it and want to keep going.

• Like 3

I do think there’s genuine reason to be concerned about Danielson, in general, and Danielson’s ability to make this show, specifically. This is two weeks now where he wasn’t even fit to fly out to the show.

• Like 1

I'm not worried about Danielson. TK has never shied away from just leaving people at home if there was no real need to have them on the show. Plus, maybe he thought Danielson could use more than a couple weeks off.

Last night’s angle makes me worry we might be getting a United Empire vs. FTR/Best Friends 8-man tag at the PPV. That would be a fun match but obviously a lot less intriguing than a tag title match.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, EVA said:

Last night’s angle makes me worry we might be getting a United Empire vs. FTR/Best Friends 8-man tag at the PPV. That would be a fun match but obviously a lot less intriguing than a tag title match.

Could be United Empire vs CHAOS (O.C, Roppongi Vice, Wheeler Yuta)

7 minutes ago, Bill S. Preston ESQ. said:

Switchblade vs Omega would be a good IWGP match. 

Sure, but then either Omega's winning the belt or losing his first match back. And neither of those are likely to be on the table.

It also sounds like there's a ways to go till Omega's ready.

Edited by John from Cincinnati

Slowly sinking in that with a couple of weeks to go the dream AEW / NJPW show everyone wanted has a non-zero chance of not featuring Bryan, CM Punk, Omega, Ibushi, Okada or a top title match from either side. Setting my expectations to zero so it can only go up from here.

It's like Tony extended the olive branch across the Pacific but ended up catching whatever curse NJPW had during the pandemic that ensured nothing they had lined up went to plan.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, EVA said:

As long as AEW doesn’t sneak Enzo on the show, it should be fine.

What if it's a singles match against Suzuki?

4 hours ago, Salads said:

It's like Tony extended the olive branch across the Pacific but ended up catching whatever curse NJPW had during the pandemic that ensured nothing they had lined up went to plan.

Except it's Tony so he extended it across *the Atlantic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3