DVDVR Message Board

AEW x NJPW - FORBIDDEN DOOR - 6/26/2022

DEAN
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

THE CARD:

FOR THE INTERIM AEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Jon Moxley *** d. Hiroshi Tanahashi

FOUR WAY MATCH FOR THE IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Jay White (c) d. Hangman Page / Adam Cole (bb) / Kazucha Okada

FOR THE AEW WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Thunder Rosa (c) d. Toni Storm

FOUR WAY MATCH FOR THE INAUGURAL AEW ALL-ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP - Pac ***  d. Miro / Clark Connors / Malakai Black

THREE WAY TAG MATCH FOR BOTH THE IWGP WORLD TAG TEAM & ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS - FTR (ROH c) *** d. United Empire (Cobb / O-Khan) (IWGP c) d. Roppongi Vice (Romero / Barretta)

FOR THE IWGP UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - Will Ospreay (c) d. Orange Cassidy

TRIOS MATCH FOR THE MAN ADVANTAGE IN THE BLOOD & GUTS MATCH - Chris Jericho / Minoru Suzuki / Sammy Guevara d. Eddie Kingston / Shota Umino / Wheeler Yuta

Claudio Castagnoli * d. Zach Sabre Jr. 

Dudes With Attitudes (Sting / Allin / Takagi / Takahashi) d. Bullet Club ( El Phantasmo / N. Jackson / M. Jackson)

** Gunn Club / Max Caster d. NJPW Dojo (DKC / Knight / Coughlin / Uemura)

** Swerve In Our Glory (Lee / Strickland) d. Suzuki-Gun (Kanemaru / El Desperado)

** Lance Archer d. Nick Comoroto

** Bishamon (Goto / Yoshi-Hashi) d. The Factory (Solo / Marshall)

--

* - A New Member of the Blackpool Combat Club

** - Buy In Match

*** - New Champion

Gutted Bryan Danielson is injured. Claudio Castagnoli has to be the replacement. Nobody else would suffice. Show wouldn't be the same with Kazuchika Okada. Show is better looking with the additions of Okada, Shingo Takagi and Hiromu Tanahashi. Only big name missing is Tetsuya Naito.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

A bit last minute but they managed to make me excited about the show. Only thing I would have done was just announce ZSJ's opponent so people can get excited after the downer about Bryan not being cleared. 

• Like 2

Just now, NikoBaltimore said:

A bit last minute but they managed to make me excited about the show. Only thing I would have done was just announce ZSJ's opponent so people can get excited after the downer about Bryan not being cleared. 

This. Get the mystery outta the way.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

We all know who it'll be.

pLepglM.jpg

No offense to Marina Shafir, but of all the women they have on the roster, I'm not understanding why she's getting the push she is on TV right now, when they can only have one women's match per show on cable. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EVA said:

oKaDa IsNt LeAvInG jApAn

I think that’s how that meme works.

tHe BiRtH oF oKaDa'S fIrSt ChIlD iS iMpOrTaNt To HiM. Buncha marks!

That Bullet Club v Dudes with Attitudes match is one of the best 'get everyone on the card' tags they could have done. Bucks v Hiromu / Shingo is going to be peak and looking forward to El Phantasmo against Sting. EP has the perfect combination of 'can go' and 'can stooge' for that slot.

Edited by Salads
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ok, so I will be seeing this one at least a day after the fact, if not more, since like a greedy, push over dumbass, I agreed to put in another 16h shift through Sunday night and Monday afternoon. Watching Dynamite, I was like  "Oh wait, the PPV... well, shit!" I guess, unlike Christian Cage, I recoup the PPV money by doing more work, not less work! What did your first AEW T-shirt say, again Christian?

• Like 1

I'll catch Storm vs Rosa, and then out of the Monday SC obligation, the Darby and Kingston matches, but I'm probably not going to go out of my way to see anything else. Maybe the buy-in match to see what Caster and the Gunns do against unfamiliar opponents. This is just not for me and nothing over the last few weeks have proved things otherwise.